Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 105.7 - Sickening

La Canfora reminds us all of the classic adage

Opinions are like assholes: Everyone has one and it almost always stinks.

(Yeah, even your own, Bunky.)

JLC seems to have had that surgical procedure that (a couple of generations ago) was supposedly required for all marketing reps (and now is de rigeur for all screaming heads on the media and Net feeds), the Gastro-Intestinal Tract Reversal, so he can talk through his arse and shit through his mouth.

JMO of course
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's an act. JLC got let go from CBS for making up stories to get clicks. That's his schtick. It's all he knows how to do. No way he changes at this point
    seems to be working too...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This post made me realize that JLC hadn't been fired from 105.7 but from a national outlet. LOL.

LaCanfora's criticism of the Ravens is hilariously in contrast to the praise of the Orioles.

There's certainly things to be hopeful about with the Orioles, but between the 2 franchises, one has been cheap and a consistent loser for the last 20+ years...and listening to LaCanfora, you'd think it's the Ravens and not the Orioles.

Personally, I didn't dislike the 2 as much as many others when they started off, but yeah, I think I've had enough of LaCanfora. I don't mind Weinman, but this pairing isn't working.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    It’s not an act. Look up his Twitter feed. He’s a truly disgusting buffoon.

I absolutely love sports talk radio. I’d listen all day at work. I almost never listen from 2:00-6:00 anymore because of those worthless talentless hacks.

Once they lose listeners on large scale they might do something about it.

Laconfora deserves every bad thing that comes his way for the nasty shit he spews out his mouth and on Twitter.

Cannot stand that piece of garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in violent agreement with you here. He's disgusting. We should all email the radio station demanding his removal.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

That's what I don't get about that station. Weinman, he's "whatever". But JLC goes out of his way to make it seem as though the Ravens ars some garbage organization. Hey, look, I complain here and there about on the field stuff but we all know this is a first class organization.

A broadcaster that hates a local team shouldn't be on local radio IMO. Do you think because 105.7 is available on Audacy he thinks he can slander the Ravens and build a following nationally? Maybe he's popular in Cleveland and Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LaCanfora's criticism of the Ravens is hilariously in contrast to the praise of the Orioles.

There's certainly things to be hopeful about with the Orioles, but between the 2 franchises, one has been cheap and a consistent loser for the last 20+ years...and listening to LaCanfora, you'd think it's the Ravens and not the Orioles.

Personally, I didn't dislike the 2 as much as many others when they started off, but yeah, I think I've had enough of LaCanfora. I don't mind Weinman, but this pairing isn't working.

This post definitely sums up my feelings about the 2-6pm 105.7 fm time slot. I'm just tired of it!

The conversations about the Orioles seem so much more positive than the Ravens chatter by the two hosts. Some days the abundance of negative Ravens talk has me changing over to the DC radio sports show on 98.0 am. Even as bad as the Commanders are, the hosts do not take their negativity to the extent that JLC and his cohost do with the Ravens. And the Ravens have more positive things to talk about than the DC football team. The afternoon radio sports hosts on 105.7 fm need to lighten up on the Ravens to keep me listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    This post definitely sums up my feelings about the 2-6pm 105.7 fm time slot. I'm just tired of it!

The conversations about the Orioles seem so much more positive than the Ravens chatter by the two hosts. Some days the abundance of negative Ravens talk has me changing over to the DC radio sports show on 98.0 am. Even as bad as the Commanders are, the hosts do not take their negativity to the extent that JLC and his cohost do with the Ravens. And the Ravens have more positive things to talk about than the DC football team. The afternoon radio sports hosts on 105.7 fm need to lighten up on the Ravens to keep me listening.
    He is catering to a very specific audience and trying to get the rest of us to "hate listen". It's an old tactic that can work if the person is actually interesting. You can tell from some of the posters here that they are members of his target audience. And that's perfectly fine. I just won't listen to that bullshit and I think it does the Ravens and the rest of the fans a terrible disservice by just how poorly they cover the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    It’s not an act. Look up his Twitter feed. He’s a truly disgusting buffoon.

I absolutely love sports talk radio. I’d listen all day at work. I almost never listen from 2:00-6:00 anymore because of those worthless talentless hacks.

Once they lose listeners on large scale they might do something about it.

Laconfora deserves every bad thing that comes his way for the nasty shit he spews out his mouth and on Twitter.

Cannot stand that piece of garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At what point does this blow back on the other hosts?

All of the blame can't rest on the two IA hosts. The program director enables it, so he has to shoulder some of the blame. And then ratings dip. And then maybe it affects the ratings on other shows...guilty by association. And then the station's customers start to bail which then forces management to bring in a new program director. And then said new PD brings in his own on-air talent.

So indirectly, the buffoonery of Inside Access could prove costly to the other hosts on the station.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

All of the blame can't rest on the two IA hosts. The program director enables it, so he has to shoulder some of the blame. And then ratings dip. And then maybe it affects the ratings on other shows...guilty by association. And then the station's customers start to bail which then forces management to bring in a new program director. And then said new PD brings in his own on-air talent.

So indirectly, the buffoonery of Inside Access could prove costly to the other hosts on the station.
    I keep telling people, 105.7 is the BEST advertisement for paying to have NFL SiriusXM. Once I got it, I never went back. Sure, you get a lot of coverage of the large market teams, yet they do cover all the other teams and they do it well. The Ravens are HIGHLY respected by many of the hosts.

Not sure what was ever good about 105.7 the fan except changing the station.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

How about a class action lawsuit against 105.7 for false advertising? LaCanfora is no longer an insider and by all accounts he never was an insider based on his track record of "insider scoops" and predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I am in violent agreement with you here. He's disgusting. We should all email the radio station demanding his removal.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I cannot remember the guys name who runs the radio stations or the program director but Tony Lombardi himself has mentioned it on here before that the guy is also quite a disgusting person and he loves the negative rhetoric that Jerry Coleman, Laconfora and Weiman spew on a daily basis.

So I myself wanted to contact CBS and 105.7 regarding Laconfora but ultimately after remembering stuff Tony L shared felt it would be a waste of my time.

(We have now agree on like three topics). Maybe the tide is turning on both our view points on some topics.