Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby Formula Shortage

I can't think of anything that would piss off voting moms more than a shortage of formula.

What a nuclear hot potato.

The blamestorming is going to be fierce on that one.

The talking point that we are sending 40 billion dollars to Ukraine, but can't put baby formula on shelves in the US for our own babies is a very powerful one.

The talking point we are providing baby formula for illegal immigrants, but can't put baby formula on shelves on the US for the babies of our own citizens is very powerful.

What has happened to the priorities of this country?

Re: Baby Formula Shortage

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I can't think of anything that would piss off voting moms more than a shortage of formula.

The talking point that we are sending 40 billion dollars to Ukraine, but can't put baby formula on shelves in the US for our own babies is a very powerful one.

The talking point we are providing baby formula for illegal immigrants, but can't put baby formula on shelves int he US for the babies of our own citizens is very powerful.

What do you mean? The priorities are quite clear. Assassinate the middle class….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Re: Baby Formula Shortage

Found online:

‼️TO ALL THE MOMS THAT CANT FIND BABY FORMULA....if you go to Amazon...go to the bottom...change from US to Canada. You can get all the formula you need. They are not having a shortage just the US is. Have it shipped right to your front door ��

Interesting, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

The talking point we are providing baby formula for illegal immigrants, but can't put baby formula on shelves on the US for the babies of our own citizens is very powerful.

And of course, there's this story about pallets of baby formula being shipped to the southern border for illegal aliens.
    https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border...ortage-photos/

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Biden administration geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Biden administration geography.

🤣

Blog Entries

Interesting coincidence that the baby formula shortage started around the same time as the Supreme Court abortion leak.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Found online:

TO ALL THE MOMS THAT CANT FIND BABY FORMULA....if you go to Amazon...go to the bottom...change from US to Canada. You can get all the formula you need. They are not having a shortage just the US is. Have it shipped right to your front door ��

Interesting, if true.
    You can still find it in foreign countries. A combination of fda regs (re: Europe) and the new nafta (Canada) prevent us from importing. Additionally, people have tried ordering from foreign countries, but it apparently doesn't always make it through customs.

Guess it's worth also mentioning domestic production is down due to an Abbott factory being shut down over bacterial contamination while demand has also spiked due to an increase in births.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You can still find it in foreign countries. A combination of fda regs (re: Europe) and the new nafta (Canada) prevent us from importing. Additionally, people have tried ordering from foreign countries, but it apparently doesn't always make it through customs.

Guess it's worth also mentioning domestic production is down due to an Abbott factory being shut down over bacterial contamination while demand has also spiked due to an increase in births.

So we could never import it from foreign countries? That's interesting because last year I was buying it in bulk on Amazon for a situation like this, and it was a Latin American Nestlé product from Mexico.

Wonder what changed?

Here's the other thing that is complete bullshit.

We send hundreds of billions of USD overseas every fucking year and we can't get some damn baby formula? Are these formula companies all shutting down, because I'm pretty sure the United.States is a huge part of their business. If they aren't, that means these other countries are sitting on huge stockpiles of formula. How about these countries send us some of that formula, since you know the US taxpayers are probably helping to keep them solvent.

None of it makes sense, which means it's probably an intentional fuckery once again designed to weaken the country.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    So we could never import it from foreign countries? That's interesting because last year I was buying it in bulk on Amazon for a situation like this, and it was a Latin American Nestlé product from Mexico.

Wonder what changed?

Here's the other thing that is complete bullshit.

We send hundreds of billions of USD overseas every fucking year and we can't get some damn baby formula? Are these formula companies all shutting down, because I'm pretty sure the United.States is a huge part of their business. If they aren't, that means these other countries are sitting on huge stockpiles of formula. How about these countries send us some of that formula, since you know the US taxpayers are probably helping to keep them solvent.

None of it makes sense, which means it's probably an intentional fuckery once again designed to weaken the country.

So the issue with European formulas in a lot of cases is that the fda labeling requirements are different than what they do apparently. It's really that dumb a reason.

As for Canadian formula, it's literally listed as something that is restricted in the new nafta.

As for what successfully makes it through customs, couldn't tell you. Just saw a warning that they do occasionally seize shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So the issue with European formulas in a lot of cases is that the fda labeling requirements are different than what they do apparently. It's really that dumb a reason.

As for Canadian formula, it's literally listed as something that is restricted in the new nafta.

As for what successfully makes it through customs, couldn't tell you. Just saw a warning that they do occasionally seize shipments.

Wonder if Mexico has the same restrictions because of NAFTA. Clearly the stuff I got was imported from Mexico. It was in Spanish and said Made in Mexico. I ordered it on Amazon so it wasn't some bootleg site.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Wonder if Mexico has the same restrictions because of NAFTA. Clearly the stuff I got was imported from Mexico. It was in Spanish and said Made in Mexico. I ordered it on Amazon so it wasn't some bootleg site.

Interesting. I only saw Canada called out specifically, so maybe not?