Page 184 of 324 FirstFirst ... 182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,197 to 2,208 of 3880
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Always been a fan of Tebow.
    The perception of him has always been weird to me.

I wish him all the luck in the world.
    I think Tebow from 6-7 years old ago would be a good backup in this offense.

Switching gears...
    Jermaine Eluemunor is visiting the Broncos and they also just signed Ryan Pope. Really glad we faxed that contract over to Vill just in the knick of time. Did he sign that in like a FedEx/Kinkos? I remember thinking it at the time but forgot to bring it up.

Colt Brennan dead at 37.

Former draft classmate of Joe Flacco in 2008. That is way too young. May have been addiction related based on the article - says he was believed to have been in a rehab facility in California. I know he was in a bad car accident like a decade ago and was never the same after.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...-brennan-dead/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Always been a fan of Tebow.
    The perception of him has always been weird to me.

I wish him all the luck in the world.
    I think Tebow from 6-7 years old ago would be a good backup in this offense.
    You see Dez talking shit. No wonder nobody wants him. We give him a chance and all he does is throw shade on us, now he is throwing shade on Tebow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dez-bryant-...023522218.html

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Dope and perfect for Vegas.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Colt Brennan dead at 37.

Former draft classmate of Joe Flacco in 2008. That is way too young. May have been addiction related based on the article - says he was believed to have been in a rehab facility in California. I know he was in a bad car accident like a decade ago and was never the same after.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...-brennan-dead/
    RIP...too young.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Would it be controversial to ask for an explanation of Tebow's appeal? I know that he's religious but so are lots of NFL players. What about his religiousness is different that makes that demographic like him so much?
    I think it's more about geography. It's Jacksonville. Tebow was a huge star at Florida. Urban Meyer coached him. The Jaguars have tried for decades to build up the following that the Gators have. Tebow with Meyer in that area is just an attempt to connect the Jags to the Gators

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think it's more about geography. It's Jacksonville. Tebow was a huge star at Florida. Urban Meyer coached him. The Jaguars have tried for decades to build up the following that the Gators have. Tebow with Meyer in that area is just an attempt to connect the Jags to the Gators
    Yup, they worship the guy. Backup TE /culture creator/ merchandise seller

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I don't want to start anything. Definitely not a political debate.

But I think it is valid to draw a comparison.

I think we can all agree that Kaepernick showed himself to be a talented quarterback who is out of the league, not because of his talent, but because of his intangible/PR related issues.

Tebow we can all agree didn't show much talent as and NFL QB and now he's back in the league, at a position he's never even played, not because of his talent but because of intangible/PR related issues.

It's possible that money is a factor, I suppose. It's possible that a team wanted to take a PR risk on Kaepernick's talent but he was asking for too much to justify the risk. It's possible that Tebow asked for so little that is is worth the talent risk for JAX.
    I think with Tebow and Kaep both there was a combination effect of the talent level not being high enough to view them as "the man to build around" going forward (Kaep was arguably beginning to decline) and the distraction being too great to accept from a QB who wasn't.

They both made for compelling stories and that also may have worked against them as potential backups.

Kaep signing with the Ravens in 2017 could have made sense.

The fact that the Jags traded Josh Oliver (a 2019 3rd round TE) for virtually nothing to us but then turned around and signed Tebow to give TE shot is beyond embarrassing imo. There's no doubt who has the better chance of succeeding based on age and experience at the position.

Bad football swap, excellent money grab if he does in fact make the roster. Urban Meyer is definitely a Tebow homer but even he should know just how ridiculous this move is.