Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Can you complain about Lamars receiving options at this point?

I don't think you could.

Running the football is our bread and butter so for Lamar to have guys like Brown, Watkins, Andrews, and Boyle to throw to I think we're pretty much set there. That's more than enough if you ask me.

The success of this offense is going to fall on how well Lamar and the OL can play at this point. No excuses this year for the passing game. It's either on Lamar, Roman, or pass protection if it fails. Time for Stanley to stay healthy and make his money too.

Re: Can you complain about Lamars receiving options at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I don't think you could.

Running the football is our bread and butter so for Lamar to have guys like Brown, Watkins, Andrews, and Boyle to throw to I think we're pretty much set there. That's more than enough if you ask me.

The success of this offense is going to fall on how well Lamar and the OL can play at this point. No excuses this year for the passing game. It's either on Lamar, Roman, or pass protection if it fails. Time for Stanley to stay healthy and make his money too.
    Its looks good until the season starts. Then the same complaints will be coming in as before. But you have to give lamar an actual #1 WR and another legit TE. The addition of Watkins does nothing for me. But I do expect to see lamar throw the ball more because it will literally make zero sense to sign lamar to 45 plus million a year just to run for 1000 yards. Lamar job is to throw the ball. Try to use your legs less.

At this point I don't think you can complain but the receiving corp is still incomplete. Ravens really need to use an early pick on a WR and/or a TE. Ravens really do not have a reliable #2 receiving TE. I would really love to see the Ravens get Tremble. He is a great fit for the offense. Ravens also really need a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round and hope to finally hit on a wr in the draft. Or maybe 1 of the young WRs on the roster will break out with new coaching.

Lamar also needs to focus on his mechanics in the off season. He can't come in with his mechanics being a mess again. It also looks like the off season may be virtual again this year. That will put even more pressure on Lamar and his QB coach to do it on their own.

I don't think you could.

Of course you could complain.

Even in 2019 it was a weakness. Since then Hurst, Snead and Roberts have been replaced with Watkins and 2 rookies with a grand total of 21 catches.

OK, the mess that is Houston means it's no longer the worst in the entire NFL but it's still pretty close and this is a team with a young star at QB. Teams who are lucky enough to find one of those usually try to support him, rather than leaving him to be the entire offense on his own while they build up the defense.

Look around the AFC North, it's still the worst group. Look at the other AFC contenders, it's still the worst group. Look at the NFC contenders, it's still the worst group. Look at teams with ascending young QBs, it's still the worst group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    At this point I don't think you can complain but the receiving corps is still incomplete. Ravens really need to use an early pick on a WR and/or a TE. Ravens really do not have a reliable #2 receiving TE. I would really love to see the Ravens get Tremble. He is a great fit for the offense. Ravens also really need a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round and hope to finally hit on a wr in the draft. Or maybe 1 of the young WRs on the roster will break out with new coaching.

Lamar also needs to focus on his mechanics in the off season. He can't come in with his mechanics being a mess again. It also looks like the off season may be virtual again this year. That will put even more pressure on Lamar and his QB coach to do it on their own.
    Well put, T11. I won't gripe about our receiving corps, but we still are in need of a BIG young, talented WR or TE. To me, this is a player you draft within the first 2 rounds, not at the tail end of the 3rd (which is really like a 4th since it's a Comp Pick). Either a WR who can take over from Watkins in 2022 or a TE who can play now and compliment Andrews... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Of course you could complain.

Even in 2019 it was a weakness. Since then Hurst, Snead and Roberts have been replaced with Watkins and 2 rookies with a grand total of 21 catches.

OK, the mess that is Houston means it's no longer the worst in the entire NFL but it's still pretty close and this is a team with a young star at QB. Teams who are lucky enough to find one of those usually try to support him, rather than leaving him to be the entire offense on his own while they build up the defense.

Look around the AFC North, it's still the worst group. Look at the other AFC contenders, it's still the worst group. Look at the NFC contenders, it's still the worst group. Look at teams with ascending young QBs, it's still the worst group.
    I 'd take a look at teams depth charts again. I'll take Brown, Watkins, Andrews, Boyle, Duvernay and Boykin over Detroit (they lost Jones and Golladay), Tennessee (It's AJ Brown and not much else), Cincy (Boyd and Higgins, what else?), Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Philly (You think our WRs are bad? Ooof.) and Houston.

Honestly, I think the only reason our group isn't in the middle of the pack statistic wise is because of volume. But in order to get that volume significantly up you'd have to sacrifice wins.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I 'd take a look at teams depth charts again. I'll take Brown, Watkins, Andrews, Boyle, Duvernay and Boykin over Detroit (they lost Jones and Golladay), Tennessee (It's AJ Brown and not much else), Cincy (Boyd and Higgins, what else?), Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Philly (You think our WRs are bad? Ooof.) and Houston.

Honestly, I think the only reason our group isn't in the middle of the pack statistic wise is because of volume. But in order to get that volume significantly up you'd have to sacrifice wins.
    The Titans just added Josh Reynolds, he is a solid #2 and will probably have production similar to what Corey Davis had in that offense with Derrick Henry and AJ Brown putting up huge numbers. Detroit will likely draft either Jamarr Chase or Devonta Smith, which is better and they already have Tyrell Williams. That's better than the Ravens on paper. Cincy has Boyd, Tate and Higgins, that's easily better than what the Ravens have - Las Vegas has Henry Ruggs, Renfrow, John Brown, Darren Waller (yeah, he's technically a TE, but he's an unstoppable pass catching weapon), Jacksonville has Chark, Shenault and Jones - easily WAY BETTER than the Ravens...Philly -- Travis Fulgham, Reagor and either Waddle/Smith...easily better than the Ravens. Houston doesn't count, they are in complete disarray. That means the Ravens are 31st ranked, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The Titans just added Josh Reynolds, he is a solid #2 and will probably have production similar to what Corey Davis had in that offense with Derrick Henry and AJ Brown putting up huge numbers. Detroit will likely draft either Jamarr Chase or Devonta Smith, which is better and they already have Tyrell Williams. That's better than the Ravens on paper. Cincy has Boyd, Tate and Higgins, that's easily better than what the Ravens have - Las Vegas has Henry Ruggs, Renfrow, John Brown, Darren Waller (yeah, he's technically a TE, but he's an unstoppable pass catching weapon), Jacksonville has Chark, Shenault and Jones - easily WAY BETTER than the Ravens...Philly -- Travis Fulgham, Reagor and either Waddle/Smith...easily better than the Ravens. Houston doesn't count, they are in complete disarray. That means the Ravens are 31st ranked, lol.
    If any of those WR/TE combo were on the Ravens right now, our fanbase would be whining how that group is the worst in the league. Travis Fulgram and Reagor? Seriously. C'mon. People would be losing their minds even more right now if those were our wide outs. Auden Tate? The guy with less catches and yards then Duvernay?

If Josh Reynolds with his 52 receptions and 618 yards with 2 touchdowns is a solid #2, then Hollywood Brown must be a #1.

Also, we're talking about "right now" since that what people are complaining about. But if we're going to look into the crystal ball, I'd say the Ravens are likely to improve WR and TE in some fashion before the seasons starts as well. You can't just assign players to other teams and not do the same for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post

With some of those teams I agree with you with others you must be wearing your purple glasses.

The Ravens are close to the bottom - not the worst. Houston, obviously. Detroit and Philly are tearing it down, they're at a completely different stage from the Ravens who are contenders now. I was comparing them to the other contenders.

Tennessee are worse off but they've got the hardest thing to find - a Number One who they can build around. They've also got a Watkins-level piece in Josh Reynolds.

Otherwise I disagree

Cincinnati have 2 more or less 1000yd WRs in Boyd and Higgins plus they have Tate, who's done more than any of the Ravens young WRs (excluding Brown.) They're weak at TE but they're ahead of the Ravens in receiving RBs. Plus they're almost certain to add a good WR within the first 38 picks.

Jacksonville have a top 20 WR in Chark, a great veteran in Marvin Jones and Shenault was a great looking rookie. They also have 4 picks in the top 45 to supplement that.

Las Vegas is closer but I still have them ahead of the Ravens. They have a No 1 target in Waller, a good slot in Renfrow, two solid vets in John Brown and Snead. Ruggs was disappointing but, between him and Edwards, that still at least equals the potential of Duvernay and Boykin.

I don't think you could.

Boyle isn't a given to play or be 100% even if he does. He was a marginal receiving threat prior.

Here's the thing that many aren't talking about with this offense. In Roman's system the number 1 receiver is more important than in probably any other offense due to the fact that they throw so little, and when they do throw the number 1 will get most of those targets. Is Hollywood that guy? Can we depend on him? There are flashes in the playoffs, but he has yet to put it all together.

I would say he probably ranks in the bottom half of the league when comparing number 1 receivers. Whether he takes the next step or not will go a long way into determining our success this year. That's why I would be very tempted to take Bateman if he's there at 27, assuming that's where we end up picking.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

You have the horses now step up the game plan. GO has yet to incorporate a passing attack into his offense. Now is the time of they will move on from him after this year. Funny thing is if he does he most likely will be hired as a head coach next year anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    You have the horses now step up the game plan.
    A possible slight upgrade from Snead to Watkins ≠ "the horses."
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 04-06-2021 at 10:36 AM.