Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrasslin'

Blog Entries

Re: Wrasslin'

Paul Wight cut a promo saying they've signed a HOF level guy to be announced at Revolution. Assuming it's not a bait and switch since it's AEW but it could also be some Japanese guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Paul Wight cut a promo saying they've signed a HOF level guy to be announced at Revolution. Assuming it's not a bait and switch since it's AEW but it could also be some Japanese guy.
    Thinking of who this could be if they aren't going to have it be Big Show himself (which would be a very NOT AEW thing to do)...I'm not expecting someone like Punk, or for Lesnar to be pried from WWE, so I'm expecting someone like Kurt Angle or RVD.

Someone suggested Mick Foley which actually makes sense given the stipulation in the main event, and his comments to Paul about signing with AEW. I don't know his current status with WWE but if he's not signed, that's a guy that brings a lot of value in brand awareness and a face people know.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Saw the Shamus/McIntyre match on Monday. I actually liked it.

Rick Flair looks pathetic and needs to retire or be back stage advising new generation wrasslers....

Watched NXT last night. It was decent, but they can't even run a "screwjob" angle properly. Smh. Ladies tag match between Nia Jax/Baszler(RAW women's champs) VS Dakota Kia/Raquel Gonzales for the titles. Did a spot where Gonzales knocked Jax off the ring apron and hit the NXT ref in the process. That's fine and all, but then Adam Pierce shows up with a RAW ref and they screw Kia and Gonzales out of the titles/match.

That angle would ONLY work IF it were Jax or Baszler that knocked the NXT ref out because then it would look like part of the plan. Pierce had a plan to keep the titles on RAW and that would have worked....but noooo, the NXT wrestler hit the NXT ref, which means Pierce brought along a RAW ref just in case the NXT ref got knocked out. They had to anticipate that something would happen in order for that ref to even be there instead of having the RAW talent knock the NXT ref to bring out the planned RAW ref spot. Smh. It's really not that hard to write a proper angle....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I fucking hate Nia Jax. Like I think I hate her as much as you hate the Bucks or Omega lol. I just laughed when I saw that they had her and Baszler on NXT.

I've seen from WON that Christian may be the mystery entrant in the ladder match at Revolution, which seems believable because I totally believe Tony Khan would pay more than Vince for Christian. Best of luck to Christian with his injury history I'm not sure I'd want to come wrestle the "AEW style" lol. I loved Christian as a kid and then as the Instant Classic in TNA so I'd be excited for it. Just hope they protect him.

Sticking with Mick Foley as my prediction for the other unannounced signing. Khan said only he and Wight know who it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Saw the Shamus/McIntyre match on Monday. I actually liked it.

Rick Flair looks pathetic and needs to retire or be back stage advising new generation wrasslers....
    I heard good things about that match. I just don't watch Raw, by and large it's horrible, but Sheamus and Drew are two of the better guys at the "WWE style" so not too surprising they had a great match.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I fucking hate Nia Jax. Like I think I hate her as much as you hate the Bucks or Omega lol. I just laughed when I saw that they had her and Baszler on NXT.

I've seen from WON that Christian may be the mystery entrant in the ladder match at Revolution, which seems believable because I totally believe Tony Khan would pay more than Vince for Christian. Best of luck to Christian with his injury history I'm not sure I'd want to come wrestle the "AEW style" lol. I loved Christian as a kid and then as the Instant Classic in TNA so I'd be excited for it. Just hope they protect him.

Sticking with Mick Foley as my prediction for the other unannounced signing. Khan said only he and Wight know who it is right now.

I heard good things about that match. I just don't watch Raw, by and large it's horrible, but Sheamus and Drew are two of the better guys at the "WWE style" so not too surprising they had a great match.
    At this point assuming he can still wrestle regularly, Christian would be I bigger get then Mick Foley. AEW was built upon being the cool alternative to WWE. Bringing in the likes of Sting and Foley will quickly make it like TNA was in 2011. The main difference being, Khan appears to be much more knowledgeable then Dixie ever was.

I also recognize that AEW is more willing to let certain wrestlers wrestle despite injury risk because they are the upstart that is fighting an uphill battle. And that works in their favor so long as none of those wrestlers get seriously injured. But if a Sting or a Christian or one of those wrestlers who couldn't get cleared by the WWE ends up seriously hurt, that is going to be devastating for the company and the public relations.

Personally, given how few hours of TV they have with no house shows, their roster is already quite large. They are guilty of the same thing the WWE is guilty of which not finding ways to gets guys airtime. Use what you currently have. The last big get they acquired was Miro, and he's been a major letdown this far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don Frye's Moustache; 03-04-2021 at 06:28 PM.

I kept hearing about Omega for awhile so watched him once in NJPW. Thought he was ok but overhyped. When he came to AEW I thought this would be very cool, however, I don't see him as this great superstar. He really has no mic skills and the best thing he has going, and it looks awesome, is the snap dragon suplex. That aside, I see he is a hard worker and want to like him more based on built up reputation, but just don't. Also don't like his heel gig.

As far as Nia Jax, she is big and slow. She is like a Big Show without the appeal. I get why WWE uses her, but her size is her only attribute (aside from the samoan drop).

Yeah, I'm seeing rumors it's Christian too, but I've also seen someone say he resigned his WWE contract. I think it's a swerve and it will be Big Show's new wrestling gimmick there. Lol. I mean, only him and Kahn know who it is....

They said HOF worthy, so Foley wouldn't be included in that since he is already in the HOF.

Honestly, if it's not Big Show himself, I can only think of Christian and RVD. Personally I don't care to see any of those 3 wrestle anymore. Never saw the appeal of Christian as a singles wrestler. He was mid carder at best for me. RVD was on Impact but I believe his contact expired about a month ago or he left. Either way, he was horrible on Impact, but it's Impact. Nothing much, if anything is good there these days.....

Even Sting being back and wrestling doesn't get me to tune in and watch AEW. I like Hangman Page, Lance Hoyt and Cody. That's it. Luchasaurus' gimmick and look is cool as Hell imo, but he isn't that good of a wrestler.

MJF and Darby Allen have huge potential, but I don't care for them in their current storylines. They have both gone downhill due to their current storylines imo. I liked Allen as the loner before Sting showed up and MJF was gold before joining up with Jericho. Once they did that stupid singing crap, I lost all interest in MJF. Like aive said, I want to like AEW, but there's nothing there currently that makes me want to tune in and watch. Plus, the Young Sucks are still there and are in a higher up position in the company along with Omega. That alone keeps me from wanting to watch their product. All 3 are complete garbage. Always will be

Blog Entries

1 thing to consider is that very soon AEW is going to be running unopposed on Wednesday. That means more eyes on the product than ever. If ever there was a time to pay big money for someone like Punk, it's now.
    back on twitter

1 thing to consider is that very soon AEW is going to be running unopposed on Wednesday. That means more eyes on the product than ever. If ever there was a time to pay big money for someone like Punk, it's now.
    I know $ talks, but Colt Cabana is there. Lol. Pretty sure they no longer get along.

I think Punk is done but really enjoys teasing the fans with the possibility that he could return.

I will say this, if they were to sign Punk, I'd watch every show AEW produces while he is there. Lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I know $ talks, but Colt Cabana is there. Lol. Pretty sure they no longer get along.

I think Punk is done but really enjoys teasing the fans with the possibility that he could return.

I don't know that relationship but I do agree, I don't think he wants to or needs to wrestle anymore. It's mostly just me wishing lol.

I saw on Twitter that Lesnar's merch got pulled from WWE Shop. The same thing happened with Sting's stuff before he joined AEW. Could be something, could be nothing, though I still don't see what Lesnar does in AEW so it doesn't excite me like Punk would.