Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Can the Browns Upset the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Gotta say I'll be pissed if we host the AFCC game for the first time during a time of no fans
    I T T, I wouldn't ... Bc

Chiefs are the team to beat but they are beatable. Last 7 games have been decided by one score. I think that's significant. This notion that they can coast and then turn it up in the playoffs is misleading. Browns struggled in the 2nd half of the season and turned it up last week. There's something to be said of momentum. Browns have it now while the Chiefs need to create theirs since it would be nearly 3 weeks since their starters have played.
    If the Browns sustain long drives running the ball anything is possible.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Chiefs fan here (obviously)...

First, I am so disappointed that the Browns upset the Steelers. I was really looking forward to the Chiefs beating the Ravens then the Bills in route to Back-to-Back Super Bowls. Now, I will just have to settle for beating Buffalo.

Second, its so funny to read all these posts claiming the Chiefs are "beatable", while at the same time y'all are praying for a miracle to avoid the Chiefs. Y'all don't really believe anyone is beating KC. And you're right.

Third, the whole "the last 7 games were decided by one score" logic is lazy. In the 4th quarter, the Chiefs had a 20 point lead against Miami, a 17 point lead against the Bucs and a 14 point lead against the Saints. Chiefs controlled majority of those games, just like they controlled their games against other playoff quality opponents ALL YEAR. Chiefs lead the Bills by 13 in the 4th, and as I'm sure you all are well aware, the Chiefs lead y'all by 14 points in the 4th quarter.

So, EVERY SINGLE 10 win team the Chiefs played this year they lead by DOUBLE DIGITS in the 4th.

Fourth, "running the ball, and keeping Mahomes on the sideline" is not the recipe for beating KC with Mahomes. In Mahomes 9 career loses, opponents have scored 43, 54,29, 38, 19, 31, 35, 40 and 37. YOU GOTTA OUTSCORE the Chiefs. And there is only one team remotely capable of doing that, and it aint the Browns or y'all.

Blog Entries

I've posted before that I believe the Browns matchup better with the Chiefs that any team in the playoffs. I still think that's the case. You can run on that Chiefs defense. Teams get behind and start passing which plays right in their hands. If you can run but then throw effectively in the red zone you will score on the Chiefs and since you aren't shutting that offense down you better score. The Browns get into the multiple TE sets and suddenly Baker can throw all over the place. I'd still put the odds of the Browns winning at about 35% but that's not horrible. Browns at Ravens for the AFC Championship game is a real possibility

I don't think the Browns matchup well at all defensively but hey I'll be rooting for them all the same and hope we take care of buisness. I just don't see it being close.

If we host the Browns, we lose. It throws everything out of whack for us, keeps them on theirs and they are out for blood.

Don't choke Reid. I see it coming.

Objectively the Browns can upset the Chiefs. The Browns O-line is elite so the Chiefs defense can't play that style of bend don't break against them where they can force turnovers in the red zone. I like the Browns running game against their defense and they execute boot actions well off of their run game which will give them cheap yards to stay ahead of schedule.

On defense the Browns need to pass rush tactically against Mahomes' deep drop and make sure they don't lose contain at the same time. Also they're getting DBs back healthy which the Ravens haven't even played against all season either. Browns defense is capable of matching up with the Chiefs offense in the pass game and the Chiefs haven't run the ball well lately plus they're missing starters on their O-line. The Browns defense are capable from pass rush and coverage to contain what the Chiefs can do in the passing game, however Mahomes is a freak and could takeover the game himself and bypass all of that lol.

If the O-line can't protect Baker then you can ignore all this but Baker has to make a few plays under pressure. Chiefs defense best bet is to send creeper simulated pressure to keep more defenders in coverage and get Mayfield under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've posted before that I believe the Browns matchup better with the Chiefs that any team in the playoffs. I still think that's the case. You can run on that Chiefs defense. Teams get behind and start passing which plays right in their hands. If you can run but then throw effectively in the red zone you will score on the Chiefs and since you aren't shutting that offense down you better score. The Browns get into the multiple TE sets and suddenly Baker can throw all over the place. I'd still put the odds of the Browns winning at about 35% but that's not horrible. Browns at Ravens for the AFC Championship game is a real possibility
    If the Browns had a solid defense I would agree, their OFFENSE matches up quite well. But they just don't have the talent on the other side of the ball to stop Mahomes from absolutely melting them. Who's gonna cover Travis Kelce, who's gonna deal with Watkins/Hardman's speed, CEH/Bell out of the backfield? Denzel Ward is a very good corner and even he will struggle with Hill at times. They just don't have the LB's/CB depth/Safeties to match up.

I think the Browns offense has a solid amount of success but Mahomes will just absolutely peel their faces off with the amount of mis-matches he has to work with. Ultimately they're just bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The Chiefs defense is bend but don't break, just holding the Browns to a FG a few times when they get in plus territory will be enough. Chris Jones, Frank Clark, and Tyrann Mathieu are going to make a few plays.. that's enough when Mahomes is trading 3 for 7 more often than not.

In a shootout I'm taking Mahomes/Hill/Kelce all day vs that Browns defense. Baker is simply this year's Jimmy G , he's playing within a system that sets him up for success. Mahomes is one of the best QB's to ever play, there really is no comparison. One guy is inevitable in any situation, the other needs things to fall his way in order to be effective.

I'm not trusting a system QB with a bad-to-average defense for a damn second in the postseason. It was a feel good story but play time is over for the Brownies.

"There are two byes in the AFC this year, the #1 seed.... and whoever plays the Steelers"
    I dont disagree with any of this SFlegend. Just have a hunch the Browns are going to be alot more physical and dominate with Hunt/Chubb/TEs and Landry. Myles Garret seems ripe for a "im a superstar" moment too. Feel free to quote this after Mahomes puts on a magic show and wins by 30.

Blog Entries

I think they can hang on for one half and feel good going into the locker room. Then KC rolls

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Although I don't see the Browns being able to stop Mahomes and Company, it is notable that the Chiefs haven't won a game by more than one score since November 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    GOTA id be curious if you like Ramsey any better. It does seem like he had to adjust to the new enviroment as opposed to peaking early in his career. He has alot of great players next to him once again however, just like his great two years in Jax before they and he seemed to decline.