Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    This leads me to believe EDC could be working to bring in another DB via trade. If not, I'm puzzled by it as well. We're dangerously "thin" in the secondary as is. That being said, I'm sure EDC is as aware of it as much as we are and has a plan in place.
    agreed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    This leads me to believe EDC could be working to bring in another DB via trade. If not, I'm puzzled by it as well. We're dangerously "thin" in the secondary as is. That being said, I'm sure EDC is as aware of it as much as we are and has a plan in place.
    A new guy would have to quarantine so not ready for 2 weeks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

To everyone puzzled about Marcus Gilchrist: He has already been promoted to the active roster twice. So, either they leave him on PS and he has to clear waivers any time they want to promote him from here on out, or they terminate his PS contract, hope he clears waivers NOW, then sign him to the active roster tomorrow. I believe this is what is happening. Cut him now, he clears, then he is essentially available all week for practice. The real question is who is getting cut once they re-sign Gilchrist to the active roster?

I would say Chris Moore, but they keep hanging onto him for whatever reason, despite being a healthy scratch the last two games. Perhaps they slide Broderick Washington down to PS, due to the Yannick Ngakoue signing — let alone the former's lack of contributions thus far this season — but then that still requires another PS cut. By the way, the next time the Ravens decide to promote Terrell Bonds as one of the two temporary active roster members — which will likely occur as early as this weekend — then the same league rule will kick in for him as well, since he was already promoted once vs. Kansas City.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 10-27-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    To everyone puzzled about Gilchrist: He has already been promoted to the active roster twice. So, either they leave him on PS and he has to clear waivers any time they want to promote him from here on out, or they terminate his PS contract, hope he clears waivers NOW, then sign him to the active roster tomorrow. I believe this is what is happening. Cut him now, he clears, then he is essentially available all week for practice. The real question is who is getting cut once they re-sign Gilchrist? I would say Chris Moore, but they keep hanging onto him for whatever reason, despite being a healthy scratch the last two games.

When Marcus Gilchrist was promoted to the active roster for the second time it didn't count because he was used to fill in the vacant spot on the active roster left by Brandon Williams who was placed on the reserve/covid 19 list. Gilchrist had atleast one more opportunity to be placed on the active roster from the practice squad after that. Chris Moore also hasn't been a healthy scratch at all and has been limited due to a broken finger and thigh(might be the ankle) injury.

Other than that I guess The Ravens could still bring Gilchrist back and add him to the active roster.
    Last edited by Jazz1988; 10-27-2020 at 07:20 PM.

5. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Chris Moore also hasn't been a healthy scratch at all and has been limited due to a broken finger and thigh(might be the ankle) injury. Other than that I guess The Ravens could still bring Gilchrist back and add him to the active roster.
    Chris Moore was healthy enough to go, even according to Harbs, both of the last two games. He was indeed a healthy scratch both of those times. During the Cincinnati game, there was nothing visible on his pinky finger whilst standing on the sideline. Prior to that game, it was in a splint/wrapped. There is no justifying his spot when ST hasn't suffered without him, and now he is healthy, yet still is not dressing.

I had no idea about that Marcus Gilchrist maneuver for Philly, as I have no way of verifying that (source?) not counting, but I'd still bet he is being re-signed to the active roster regardless. Whoever said Geno Stone moved up (other thread), I have not seen anything about him other than that he was one of four protected PS members for the week — along with DT Aaron Crawford, LS Nick Moore & TE Sean Culkin.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 10-27-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Chris Moore was healthy enough to go, even according to Harbs, both of the last two games. He was indeed a healthy scratch both of those times. During the Cincinnati game, he had nothing even on his finger whilst standing on the sideline. There is no justifying his spot when ST hasn't suffered without him, and now he is healthy, yet still is not dressing. I had no idea about that Gilchrist maneuver for Philly, as I have no way of verifying that (source?), but I'd bet he is being re-signed to active roster regardless. Whoever said Stone moved up, I have not seen anything about him other than he was one of four protected PS members for the week — along with DT Aaron Crawford, LS Nick Moore & TE Sean Culkin.

According to Jeff Zrebiec John Harbaugh stated before The game against The Eagles a week ago " that Chris Moore was still dealing with hamstring tightness as of last week. He said that Moore could be an option this week, depending on roster needs." That doesn't sound like healthy scratch to me.

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...47864762617864

7. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Regardless, there is currently no spot for Chris Moore to justify keeping him on the 53. ST sure hasn't suffered one iota without his presence. Ideally, keeping Gilchrist and cutting Moore would have made much more sense, barring something we are currently unaware of happening behind the scenes. Even Jeff Z is baffled/befuddled by the maneuver of releasing Gilchrist.

Blog Entries

To everyone puzzled about Marcus Gilchrist: He has already been promoted to the active roster twice. So, either they leave him on PS and he has to clear waivers any time they want to promote him from here on out, or they terminate his PS contract, hope he clears waivers NOW, then sign him to the active roster tomorrow. I believe this is what is happening. Cut him now, he clears, then he is essentially available all week for practice. The real question is who is getting cut once they re-sign Gilchrist to the active roster?

I would say Chris Moore, but they keep hanging onto him for whatever reason, despite being a healthy scratch the last two games. Perhaps they slide Broderick Washington down to PS, due to the Yannick Ngakoue signing — let alone the former's lack of contributions thus far this season — but then that still requires another PS cut. By the way, the next time the Ravens decide to promote Terrell Bonds as one of the two temporary active roster members — which will likely occur as early as this weekend — then the same league rule will kick in for him as well, since he was already promoted once vs. Kansas City.
    This is excellent front office work to use that loophole if that’s the rule. Thanks for the details

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This is excellent front office work to use that loophole if that’s the rule. Thanks for the details
    Well, I am not so sure I was actually correct now, based on others' comments in this & the other thread. I mean I know that is the rule regarding two call-ups, as it happened in Khalil Dorsey's case. However, apparently Gilchrist may NOT have technically counted during his second temporary promotion, since Brandon Williams was on the COVID list? Thus, currently, I am equally as confused as everyone else, including Jeff Z, as to what they are doing in this Gilchrist scenario. If I had my way, Chris Moore would be gone and then Gilchrist signed to the active roster. Heck, even sliding Broderick Washington down to the PS and cutting some other non-contributing PS member would work. Anyway, I guess we will see how everything shakes out / shapes up soon enough . . .
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 10-27-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Even as a decoy, Bryant could be useful. He will command the attention of the other team's D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A new guy would have to quarantine so not ready for 2 weeks
    even after trade? how long did bell quarantine for

12. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Just a couple clarifications:
    1) Gilchrist did, indeed, have one more PS callup left since his callup the Sunday before last was covered by Williams' brief stint on the COVID-19 precautionary list. So mark me down as also in the "confused" camp as to why he was waived.
    2) I believe this year the new acquisition period prior to being able to play is 5 days for COVID testing purposes.