Page 80 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that night. Do you have any resources to take care of you shopping needs and keep you safe/in for the next few weeks? My nephew is taking care of my 84 year old father's grocery needs so he can shut in. My dad was driving himself to Dr.'s appointments as recently as last week and he has Parkinson's, high blood pressure and had a quadruple bypass 25 years ago. He has balance issues and fell and had an azalea branch go through his eyelid last week. I understand that if you are older and more frail this might be scarier. I know I'm worried for him.
    Bust, I wish you and your dad well. I am not frail, a gymrat who just did 150 pushups at home to try to compensate for the gym. I help take care of my dad who is close to 100 years old. He has congestive heart failure so completely worried about him catching this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Bust, I wish you and your dad well. I am not frail, a gymrat who just did 150 pushups at home to try to compensate for the gym. I help take care of my dad who is close to 100 years old. He has congestive heart failure so completely worried about him catching this.
    150 push-ups is no no joke.

This may sound strange buy my biggest fear with gyms is getting a staph infection from a piece of equipment, lol.

It's clear that it doesn't matter if this outbreak turns out to be worse or better than people expect because every slice on one of those daily deaths bar graphs is someones parent, partner etc.. There is nothing to be done but isolate, distance and practice good hygiene and consideration of others while this plays out.

Whatever the balance is between counseling calm and optimism while encouraging people to behave in a thoughtful safe manner is it is surely hard to strike, particularly when folks on this board are losing loved ones.

I'm going to make it a point to call my Dad daily for the foreseeable future and feel comfortable recommending that anyone here with an elderly parent do the same.

150 push-ups is no no joke.

This may sound strange buy my biggest fear with gyms is getting a staph infection from a piece of equipment, lol.

It's clear that it doesn't matter if this outbreak turns out to be worse or better than people expect because every slice on one of those daily deaths bar graphs is someones parent, partner etc.. There is nothing to be done but isolate, distance and practice good hygiene and consideration of others while this plays out.

Whatever the balance is between counseling calm and optimism while encouraging people to behave in a thoughtful safe manner is it is surely hard to strike, particularly when folks on this board are losing loved ones.

I'm going to make it a point to call my Dad daily for the foreseeable future and feel comfortable recommending that anyone here with an elderly parent do the same.
    Well said.

Man, i was really waning to go visit my sisters in South Florida next month, i havent seen them since my moms death and we wanted to hang out on that day. Just found a round trip for 94$ (not like i have the money) for the 19-26th but doesnt look like it will be possible.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

5. Re: Coronavirus

The key word.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Man, i was really waning to go visit my sisters in South Florida next month, i havent seen them since my moms death and we wanted to hang out on that day. Just found a round trip for 94$ (not like i have the money) for the 19-26th but doesnt look like it will be possible.
    I wouldn’t go to Florida right now man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wouldn’t go to Florida right now man.

Yea definitely not Goin next month

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Exactly. Only now we have to get documented permits/papers from our employer stating we are still working so the cops won't give us a ticket or slap that class 2 misdemeanor on us. That's about the only thing changing for me that hasn't changed 2 weeks ago already

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don’t think that will actually happen
    In PA we have been in ‘lock down’ with only essential businesses allowed to be open. I’ve had no issue going to work, going to drive thru got lunch, some dinner take outs. Cops most likely are not going to pull you over

Blog Entries

Democrats - “You can’t put a value on a human life. #COVID19”

Also Democrats - “We are suing states for not including planned parenthood and abortion clinics in essential business lists during the COVID19 pandemic.”

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Also Democrats - “We are suing states for not including planned parenthood and abortion clinics in essential business lists during the COVID19 pandemic.”

Irony at its finest.

Here we are...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries