Page 79 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I touch myself so often the only STDs I worry about are callouses.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Well my friend came down with the sniffles, tested positive for Kung Flu, drank some orange juice and is cured.
    No one knows how their body will respond when they catch this.

3. Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Looks like almost everybody is exempted from it. I don't see what new is being closed that isn't already.
    Yeah, we just finished reading it and had the same reaction. But hey, at least the liquor stores are still deemed essential.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    No one knows how their body will respond when they catch this.
    No but if you look at actual statistics and don't fear monger you would see that the mortality is very low for younger people with no existing disease...

Doesn't mean you shouldn't do all the things hygiene wise you're supposed to during cold and flu season but it certainly says fear mongering is absolutely unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    No but if you look at actual statistics and don't fear monger you would see that the mortality is very low for younger people with no existing disease...

Doesn't mean you shouldn't do all the things hygiene wise you're supposed to during cold and flu season but it certainly says fear mongering is absolutely unwarranted.
    Younger people yes...I'm over 60. What do you say to that? My buddy is fighting for his life and he is in his 50's. Latest daily death count at least 359. It was in the 200s prior to today. What will it be a week from now? Reality, not fear mongering.

Younger people yes...I'm over 60. What do you say to that? My buddy is fighting for his life and he is in his 50's. Latest daily death count at least 359. It was in the 200s prior to today. What will it be a week from now? Reality, not fear mongering.
    I'll be 54 in 2 weeks. I'm not a spring chicken. I have posts on this forum from this January, the day of our playoff game with the Titans where I'm up at 3AM through 6AM having been unable to sleep due to a virus that came with the worst uncontrollable dry cough I've ever had in my adult life and the third day of a fever over 101. I would lay in bed listening to the gurgling and wheezing in my airway at night for about a 2 weeks. There is a gap of 100% non-compliance in my CPAP history where there was zero usage for about 3 weeks because I could not tolerate CPAP it due to the cough. I was messed up for a month at least and closer to 6 weeks before I felt normal. That was just 2 1/2 months ago. Even after all of that I'm still not as hugely anxious as you seem to be.

That was my reality. We're old man. We tend to be harder hit by everything. There are guys on here that have asthma and other issues much worse off than you and I that are not on here being anxious like you.

I'm still not that scared by this because I'm looking at the numbers and I know that we in a place where it's sanctioned for us to isolate. If you are worried for you isolate yourself and you'll likely be fine. I don't know how healthy you are or aren't but you seem to be filled with fear. Just relax man.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok cool. Definitely seems more up to date.
    This site seems more up to date.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Looks like almost everybody is exempted from it. I don't see what new is being closed that isn't already.
    Exactly. Only now we have to get documented permits/papers from our employer stating we are still working so the cops won't give us a ticket or slap that class 2 misdemeanor on us. That's about the only thing changing for me that hasn't changed 2 weeks ago already

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah, we just finished reading it and had the same reaction. But hey, at least the liquor stores are still deemed essential.
    That's the biggest take away from it. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This is the page people need to go to.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

That is where you can see what's really going on with this.

I have an 84 year old father who had a quadruple bypass 20 years ago and has had issues with high blood pressure and blood sugar and has parkinsons and is very frail. I'm not afraid for me, my wife or my kids. I'm afraid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'll be 54 in 2 weeks. I'm not a spring chicken. I have posts on this forum from this January, the day of our playoff game with the Titans where I'm up at 3AM through 6AM having been unable to sleep due to a virus that came with the worst uncontrollable dry cough I've ever had in my adult life and the third day of a fever over 101. I would lay in bed listening to the gurgling and wheezing in my airway at night for about a 2 weeks. There is a gap of 100% non-compliance in my CPAP history where there was zero usage for about 3 weeks because I could not tolerate CPAP it due to the cough. I was messed up for a month at least and closer to 6 weeks before I felt normal. That was just 2 1/2 months ago. Even after all of that I'm still not as hugely anxious as you seem to be.

That was my reality. We're old man. We tend to be harder hit by everything. There are guys on here that have asthma and other issues much worse off than you and I that are not on here being anxious like you.

I'm still not that scared by this because I'm looking at the numbers and I know that we in a place where it's sanctioned for us to isolate. If you are worried for you isolate yourself and you'll likely be fine. I don't know how healthy you are or aren't but you seem to be filled with fear. Just relax man.
    Nature of the beast. I have beaten (so far) cancer twice and was just told in the last few months I have metasticized bone cancer. That was likely a wrong diagnosis though. So yea, fearful and hopeful. I am very fearful for this country and the world, not so much myself but my family. Hearing a good friend fighting for his life from this crap exacerbates my beliefs.

Nature of the beast. I have beaten (so far) cancer twice and was just told in the last few months I have metasticized bone cancer. That was likely a wrong diagnosis though. So yea, fearful and hopeful. I am very fearful for this country and the world, not so much myself but my family. Hearing a good friend fighting for his life from this crap exacerbates my beliefs.
    I'm sorry to hear that night. Do you have any resources to take care of you shopping needs and keep you safe/in for the next few weeks? My nephew is taking care of my 84 year old father's grocery needs so he can shut in. My dad was driving himself to Dr.'s appointments as recently as last week and he has Parkinson's, high blood pressure and had a quadruple bypass 25 years ago. He has balance issues and fell and had an azalea branch go through his eyelid last week. I understand that if you are older and more frail this might be scarier. I know I'm worried for him.