Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suh almost a Raven

NFL network reporting the Ravens were one of 2 teams that came down to final offers four Suh.

That would have been one hell of defensive front. Where would we have gotten the cap though? And that seems like a lot of FA focus on one position group.

Corvus Invictus Eternus

Re: Suh almost a Raven

He signed for 1/$8. We could afford that today, without doing a thing. We'd need to move some stuff around before the start of the season to fit in the draft class and create a rainy day fund, but money would definitely be doable.

I'm pretty shocked we were still pursuing him given the defensive front we've already assembled though.

If we can afford 1/$8 I'd look at some other guys. There are still productive players on the market.

Trouble is, a lot of them have medicals and it's hard to get a physical done now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    NFL network reporting the Ravens were one of 2 teams that came down to final offers four Suh.

That would have been one hell of defensive front. Where would we have gotten the cap though? And that seems like a lot of FA focus on one position group.

Corvus Invictus Eternus
    Would you have preferred Suh over Brockers? I am not that thrilled with the Brockers acquisition, though it has gotten a lot of praise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Would you have preferred Suh over Brockers? I am not that thrilled with the Brockers acquisition, though it has gotten a lot of praise.

It sounds like this would be “in addition to” rather than “instead of” but nah I prefer 29 year old Brockers over 33 year old Suh who, while still a very useful player last year, seems to be on a fairly sharp downward trajectory.

If Suh is such a difference maker why’s he on a new team every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Looks like there's some hold up on the Brockers deal. For his sake hopefully it doesn't turn into a Ryan Grant situation.

But it definitely seems like we're still exploring options.

Isn't it physical related?

Yeah, was just about to post RG2.0 - looks like something popped on the physical with his high-ankle sprain from last season. Ravens still "planning" to sign him but are exploring their options...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rockers-ankle/

wondering if the Ravens are using it as subterfuge to get out of the proposed deal and ante up for Clowney

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    wondering if the Ravens are using it as subterfuge to get out of the proposed deal and ante up for Clowney
    Wouldn't be the first time...EDC learned all the tricks of the trade from one of the best who happens to still be in the building.

Although I really don't like the idea of the Ravens getting a rep as pulling the bait and switch for incoming FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time...EDC learned all the tricks of the trade from one of the best who happens to still be in the building.

Although I really don't like the idea of the Ravens getting a rep as pulling the bait and switch for incoming FA.
    Yeah, like the O's.