Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: free agent QBs 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    but I thought they had Hill, who's better than Lamar?

anyway... this would seem to spell that Bridgewater plays elsewhere
    They did say if Brees played it would be a transition to Hill. Honestly though if you are a competitive team you're not going to bench Brees just to get Hill reps. The focus is going to be on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Brees just confirmed that he's returning for the 2020 season. Is he a free agent this offseason?
    i think he's implying that he returns with the Saints

Brees needs to play long enough to put those records out of reach for tom brady

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    Brees needs to play long enough to put those records out of reach for tom brady
    but Tom won't stop playing either...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This could be like musical chairs for the FA vets.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i think he's implying that he returns with the Saints
    I'm picking up this from N'Awlins friends: Teddy will be the odd man out, fighting all the other FA's in the crowded field. Taysem Hill will share some backfield formations with Drew Brees.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Broncos confident Joe Flacco will be healthy enough to play in 2020, per report

As Fowler points out, Flacco is scheduled to make over $20 million in 2020 and has a cap hit north of $23 million. Cutting Flacco would save $10 million, so ideally they would love to find a trade partner -- which will be extremely tough

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...20-per-report/

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

As Fowler points out, Flacco is scheduled to make over $20 million in 2020 and has a cap hit north of $23 million. Cutting Flacco would save $10 million, so ideally they would love to find a trade partner -- which will be extremely tough

I love Joe but I'm LOLing that the Broncos fucked themselves that hard with him and I'm glad it's not us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

and he's still not cleared to play as far as I've seen. may still need surgery

Blog Entries

Tom Brady - He will stay with New England on a 1 year deal. I can't see him not playing in New England.

Drew Brees - The Saints will find a way to keep him for 1 more year. Eventually they'll have to move on, but the NFC South is wide open and Brees gives them a legitimate shot to get back to the SB.

Phillip Rivers - Indianapolis Colts. They have a lot of cap room, Rivers has connections with their coaching staff, and playing in a dome would be good for extending his career.

Teddy Bridgewater - This is the tricky one. I actually think the Redskins could be an interesting landing spot for Bridgewater.

Jameis Winston - Bucs. I think the Bucs will tag him. They'll likely look to draft a replacement, but I don't see them letting Jameis go this year. They could trade him though.

Marcus Mariota - He's still young and in the right offense he could be ok. I could see him going to Seattle to back up Russell Wilson. If he wants to compete for a starting job, I think the options are limited for him.

Dak Prescott - Dallas will likely tag him. His salary demands are pretty wild and the tag would likely be cheaper than what he wants per year, lol.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Realistically, it would take Brady a couple of years to whip a new offense into doing things the way he's used to, so I don't see him leaving NE.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Realistically, it would take Brady a couple of years to whip a new offense into doing things the way he's used to, so I don't see him leaving NE.
    I agree.

That AFC East division, while not as much of a pushover as they were a few years ago (mostly because of Buffalo), the Patriots can still win that division fairly easily.

They really just need to fix their OL and add a receiving TE to the mix...maybe add another WR.

Defensively, they're still pretty talented.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Bucs talking about using the transition tag (not franchise) on Winston. Would let both sides test the interest (which I do not see as being very high) from other teams.