Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Does Every Single Player Deserve Blame?

While I agree with you all this time around that the whole team, I thought it would still be good to list out how every single player specifically deserved blame in regards to Saturday. I guess since I blame everyone, I will begin.

Lamar Jackson-He did produce 500+ yards, but he also committed two costly turnovers. (The other one wasn't on him.)

All Receivers minus Hollywood-They all dropped passes. Mark Andrews especially deserves blame for tipping that one pass to a Titans player, which IMO caused the game to go downhill.

Gus Andrews and Mark Ingram-They didn't produce, but that's more on Greg Roman (What was he thinking?)

All Offensive Linemen-They couldn't block.

All Defensive Linemen, Linebackers, and Safeties-They couldn't stop Derrick Henry

Marlon Humphrey-He blew that one coverage

Special Teams-Three or so players committed penalties

Hollywood Brown, Marcus Peters, Jimmy Smith, Justin Tucker, Sam Koch, and Morgan Cox-They played better than their teammates, but they weren't productive enough either.

So, that's how every player deserves blame in my opinion, so with that feel free to list out how every player that was on the field, Saturday, deserved blame in your opinion.

Re: How Does Every Single Player Deserve Blame?

I honestly don't think Justin Tucker deserves any bit of blame whatsoever.

Inclined to hold Morgan Cox blameless as well.

Blog Entries

That interception isn't on Andrews. It was a bad throw by LJ.

He racked up a ton of yards but committed three turnovers. He's also running an option offense: some of the lack of running plays (and lack of the RBs doing the running) is from his decision-making in the play.

He's not responsible for the way the defense played, though he did put them on short fields, but all year he's been the piece of the offense that really makes it go. He had an off game and the offense didn't go so well.

https://youtu.be/c80aryyIVj4

4. Re: How Does Every Single Player Deserve Blame?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I honestly don't think Justin Tucker deserves any bit of blame whatsoever.

Inclined to hold Morgan Cox blameless as well.
    Perhaps Justin Tucker deserves blame for being unable to argue effectively in favor of field goals instead of going for it on 4th?

I really don't think it's the players who deserve the blame, but the coaches. Don't put the players in situations where risks have to pay off, especially when you're the better team. Don't dial up pass risks and 4th down risks when you have the best run game in NFL history. Just do that thing you're great at.

5. Re: How Does Every Single Player Deserve Blame?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    That interception isn't on Andrews. It was a bad throw by LJ.

He racked up a ton of yards but committed three turnovers. He's also running an option offense: some of the lack of running plays (and lack of the RBs doing the running) is from his decision-making in the play.

He's not responsible for the way the defense played, though he did put them on short fields, but all year he's been the piece of the offense that really makes it go. He had an off game and the offense didn't go so well.

https://youtu.be/c80aryyIVj4
    It wasn't, really, a bad pass by Lamar or a bad catch by Andrews. It was a risky play call when the Ravens were in Field Goal position, and the Ravens could have simply run, and run, and if they made the first, keep going, and if they didn't, kick the FG and take the 3-0 lead.

Passes are riskier than runs, and the Ravens are the best run team in NFL history. That play should never have happened. It was the fault of the play call, the fault of the coaches.

Blog Entries

The yardage disparity was noticeable, while the game was still within reach, but it didn't truly get out of hand until the game was already over. Tennessee clearly changed up their defensive strategy to allow for more space in the middle, with the expectation of just making the tackle and keeping the clock running.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    It wasn't, really, a bad pass by Lamar or a bad catch by Andrews. It was a risky play call when the Ravens were in Field Goal position, and the Ravens could have simply run, and run, and if they made the first, keep going, and if they didn't, kick the FG and take the 3-0 lead.

Passes are riskier than runs, and the Ravens are the best run team in NFL history. That play should never have happened. It was the fault of the play call, the fault of the coaches.
    It was high and wide.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It was high and wide.
    Oh, horseshit. Andrews has routinely gone up to snag passes far worse placed than that. My guess is that on this one he couldn't elevate due to the high-ankle sprain that the team for some stupid reason thought was healed.

IMO one of the criminal failures of the coaching staff - all the way up to Harbaugh - was to shove the two injured Marks into the starting lineup as if they could go full-speed. Calf strains & high-ankle sprains do not heal in 3 weeks. The Gus Bus should have been taking all the starting snaps in practice & the pass patterns should have featured Hollywood & Hayden Hurst, in whichever order, rather than a gimpy Andrews.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: How Does Every Single Player Deserve Blame?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Oh, horseshit (to bacchys). Andrews has routinely gone up to snag passes far worse placed than that. My guess is that on this one he couldn't elevate due to the high-ankle sprain that the team for some stupid reason thought was healed.

IMO one of the criminal failures of the coaching staff - all the way up to Harbaugh - was to shove the two injured Marks into the starting lineup as if they could go full-speed. Calf strains & high-ankle sprains do not heal in 3 weeks. The Gus Bus should have been taking all the starting snaps in practice & the pass patterns should have featured Hollywood & Hayden Hurst, in whichever order, rather than a gimpy Andrews.
    Bullseye, loba...

on both counts.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide...e-td-vs-eagles

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Oh, horseshit. Andrews has routinely gone up to snag passes far worse placed than that. My guess is that on this one he couldn't elevate due to the high-ankle sprain that the team for some stupid reason thought was healed.

He has elevated on passes that were lofted, this pass was on a line, high and wide.

Blog Entries

Generally, Lamar throws high to Andrews. In some cases, you can tell that it’s by design. In some cases, you can tell it’s just high. It was high this time, but Andrews couldn’t lift.

It was overall a shit show where i think the the extended time off had a little to do with it. But the play-calling was about as good as gas station sushi. Absolutely stupid to have the 9 rushes by the RBs. The way the offense picks up yards there was no reason to completely go away from the run game. Lamar threw the ball 7th most all time in the NFL post-season, not a recipe for this team to win. The game was never out of reach to the point to abandon the run, but just like in the KC game....we did. Prolly the hardest loss ive experienced.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart