Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lamar On Family Feud This Sunday at 8pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ravens/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Personally, I can't stand Steve Harvey or that show, but I will check that out.

Re: Lamar On Family Feud This Sunday at 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post

Ha! Steve Harvey has really grown on me over the years. I enjoyed his appearance on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. He emceed the NFL awards show this past Feb; i just watched his monologue from that then other day. Not hilarious, but funny in parts.

Against the Flacco family?

is it cause he not jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    is it cause he not jewish?
    It's because he's bald. Lol.

It's because he's bald. Lol.

In all seriousness, there's too much of Harvey on TV. And he does the same shtick for every show. I never hate on anyone's success, but he's not that funny to me. And reports are that he's not a nice guy.

But getting back to Lamar, Lamar seems like a character. He has a naivety about him that is charismatic. Some say he's not bright based on that stupid wonderlik, but he's just not pretentious. In many ways he's a throwback character. No coach speak or player speak. Just Lamar.

Hopefully he has worked on his speaking ability , be great to know what he is saying

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Hopefully he has worked on his speaking ability , be great to know what he is saying
    You don't understand English?

Yea thats the problem,I don’t understand English a lot of offensive players for the Ravens must not understand English either, last year they had to go to 1 word play calls so everyone in the huddle could know the play, According to Lamar it was something he had to work on
    You don't understand English?

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Yea thats the problem,I don’t understand English a lot of offensive players for the Ravens must not understand English either, last year they had to go to 1 word play calls so everyone in the huddle could know the play, According to Lamar it was something he had to work on
    You serious? That was explained. It was because Lamar never had long play calls in college that he had to relay. Petrino gave hand signals and one word play calls, so Lamar learning long play calls was brand new to him. That's why they shortened it, it had nothing to do with his speech.

So if you can't understand him the question of whether you understand English is a fair one. I've never had an issue understanding Lamar

Not to speak for Bird ...but when you factor in Lamar’s southern draw, the fact that he’s 22 and uses a little more “slang” than a professional should ...he’s ( at times ) hard to understand. He’s also very soft spoken. Which makes it worse.

To me this is an issue of having Moms be your agent If he had a “real” agent , he’d be taking speech classes to soften that accent a bit. Farve had /has a serious Mississippi accent and after he got traded to GB he worked with a speech coach to tame it so he sounded better in his press speeches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk