Page 244 of 880 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 10551
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    IMO Annabelle: Creation is the tops of the whole series.

Saw the new Annabelle a couple of weekends ago and it was kinda blah overall. Better than the first Annabelle, which is just bad, but nowhere near Creation.
    I honestly really liked Annabelle Comes Home. Not sure I think it is better than Creation, which I haven't watched in quite a while, but I did enjoy it a lot. I'd really like to see them expand the universe more with movies about the Ferry Man and the wedding dress.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Very mild ST3 spoilers below:

Anyone think we kind of have a release time frame for ST4 given the comments made at the end of ST3? Mike talking to Will and El about visiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we're about 17~ months out from Christmas 2020, which is close to how long it's taken the past couple seasons to be in production...

ST2 was based around Halloween and came out in October, ST3 was based around the 4th of July and it dropped the 4th of July. Makes sense. I just want more. Lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Very mild ST3 spoilers below:

Anyone think we kind of have a release time frame for ST4 given the comments made at the end of ST3? Mike talking to Will and El about visiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we're about 17~ months out from Christmas 2020, which is close to how long it's taken the past couple seasons to be in production...

ST2 was based around Halloween and came out in October, ST3 was based around the 4th of July and it dropped the 4th of July. Makes sense. I just want more. Lol.
    There is no official announcement for Season 4 yet which only further delays the release. This is the massive problem lately with alot of Netflix programs. Even Orange is the new black has taken more than a year between release dates.

If Netflix wants to remain at the top of the streaming market they better get their shit straight because they are watching their service go down the toilet and fast. Losing all the Marvel series which were top shows has really made me re think canceling all together. I think Stranger Things is the only thing keeping me as a current customer.

Now onto the show. I just read today that if there is a new Season, it will take place outside of Hawkins which I personally am not crazy about. If they base the next season in Russia it will be incredibly stupid in my opinion. The small town feel, and 80's nostalgic vibe is what makes it so great.

I get the whole (Russia/ Cold war, Communist hate aspect) from the 80's that they wanted to include but if they derail the entire premise of the show which was (This other world/ portal) in small town Hawkins Indiana and move to Russia that will just be horrible in my opinion.

One gripe with Season 3 was no Demogorgon. Even my son kept asking where it was.

Love the show, I rewatched two episodes again last night. After I re watch Season 3 again I am starting all over again.

Finally finished Jessica Jones season 3. Which was pretty good except for the final 2 minutes which makes no sense considering they canceled the damn show.

Blog Entries

Eh, just because there is no official announcement yet doesn't mean they haven't been writing the script and planning for production. It's obviously not going to be cancelled or end now given it's status as a money printing machine for Netflix or the post-credits cliffhanger. The script, or at least the big plot points, has probably been in the works since production ended on ST3 if not even before that.

Don't know how I feel about moving beyond Hawkins. They run the risk of it starting to feel too "samey" by staying based there but at the same time, as you said, the way they nailed that small town 80's feel is a huge part of what makes the show so appealing to so many people. I do really feel like it will be based in Hawkins still, around a holiday which gives reason for El and Will to be back. We'll probably see some stuff in Russia simply because it appears, for whatever reason, Hopper is locked up there (how he survived is far beyond my comprehension and will require the Duffers to do some really good writing for it to make sense). But I don't think it's going to be set entirely there.

Netflix is definitely going to need to do something here soon. Shows and movies are getting pulled left and right with everyone else trying to jump into the streaming space too. The spike in subs for the occasional 8 episode drop of one of their acclaimed shows isn't going to sustain them. Their algorithm based movie production is mediocre at best, with about 15-20 trash films for every 1 decent one like Bird Box. If they stop getting movies and shows from other studios, I don't know what they are going to do. OITNB is done after this season, the Duffers have said they don't envision ST going past S4, so they are going to lose that cash cow at some point in the next year or two also.
    back on twitter

I honestly really liked Annabelle Comes Home. Not sure I think it is better than Creation, which I haven't watched in quite a while, but I did enjoy it a lot. I'd really like to see them expand the universe more with movies about the Ferry Man and the wedding dress.
    I appreciated some of the nods to 80's horror, but I just felt like it didn't do anything interesting with them.

The pizza guy was probably my favorite part.

There were some nice visual texture moments too, with the 8mm exorcism and the spinning color wheel. But overall I thought the tone was a bit stagnant. You can only get away with doing the "hold the creepy moment beyond the expected jump... and then... a little more... and... next scene" thing once or twice at most. This felt like it was full of that. I felt like I spent too much time waiting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I appreciated some of the nods to 80's horror, but I just felt like it didn't do anything interesting with them.

The pizza guy was probably my favorite part.

There were some nice visual texture moments too, with the 8mm exorcism and the spinning color wheel. But overall I thought the tone was a bit stagnant. You can only get away with doing the "hold the creepy moment beyond the expected jump... and then... a little more... and... next scene" thing once or twice at most. This felt like it was full of that. I felt like I spent too much time waiting.
    The spinning color wheel was definitely my favorite part. I had forgotten all about that demon/devil thing being a part of the Annabelle series until it showed up then. I really liked the Ferry Man scene too, thought he was pretty cool and creepy. I do agree in hindsight they did overuse the "here's where your expecting the jump scare so we'll make you wait another 30 seconds for it" stuff.
    back on twitter

Watched What Keeps You Alive just now, pretty good horror/thriller for the most part but has some parts like most that are just stupid frustrating.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Haven't watched much lately. Blown Away on Netflix is pretty okay, it's like Forged in Fire but for glass blowing art. The competition aspect is meh for me but the process of making a piece of glass art, much like smithing, is quite satisfying to watch.
    back on twitter

Can anyone give me a review of Animal Kingdom
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Thor 4 officially in the works with Taika Watiti or however you spell it directing. Same director as Ragnarok. Get excited!

Thor 4 officially in the works with Taika Watiti or however you spell it directing. Same director as Ragnarok. Get excited!
    Yeah I saw that. Hopefully they have a good story line this time around. I think Thor 3 might be my favorite of the series.

So two days ago stuck sitting at MR. Tire for oil change for my wifes SUV and on TV at like 4:00pm in the afternoon is a movie I have not seen or heard of in ages. One of my best friends loved this movie when we were kids Cheesy 90's horror (Highway to Hell) staring a young Kristy Swanson. But what a goofy cheesy ass movie. Never even heard of the channel before but I apparently have it with my cable service (Channel was Comet).

The next good movie to his theaters for me Wont be until September for (IT Chapter 2).

Just watched John Wick (first one) for the first time tonight. Holy shit what a movie. A lot of fun. Jumping in #2 this weekend and i'll go see #3 in theatres next week
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB