Page 22 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

The still moving hand that Qyburn holds was very skeletal with little/no flesh/clothing

I can see the night king personally killing jaime and adding more fuel to the theory that its bran

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This episode felt like filler to me. I realize that the battle must have cost a fortune so they decided that a bunch of people talking in front of the fire was the best way to stay in budget.

I know what you mean. They are tying up loose ends and storylines people are interested and while it works from a fan perspective it was kind of hard to do in an elegant timeline and this served to do that. i think people really like to see Jamie get redemption and his and Briennes unrequited whatever.. The hound and Aiya, the red head dude and brienne etc. I'm glad they did it but it was almost a little schmaltzy. Now they need to kill a bunch of people to get their edge back lol. In speaking with my daughter we just want people to have good deaths. We know a lot of dying is going to happen, just want them to be good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    I know what you mean. They are tying up loose ends and storylines people are interested and while it works from a fan perspective it was kind of hard to do in an elegant timeline and this served to do that. i think people really like to see Jamie get redemption and his and Briennes unrequited whatever.. The hound and Aiya, the red head dude and brienne etc. I'm glad they did it but it was almost a little schmaltzy. Now they need to kill a bunch of people to get their edge back lol. In speaking with my daughter we just want people to have good deaths. We know a lot of dying is going to happen, just want them to be good ones.
    The cheeriness of season 8 is over. There is a horde of undead on the horizon, and many non-Stark/Targaryen character story arcs are basically closed. So, unless they serve some other purpose in the story in the last 3 episodes, they will die (Brienne, Jorah, and Baric are those I expect to be most likely to die).

Really, if you aren't a Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, or Cleggane, there's a 50/50 shot you're going to be done after the next episode. And of those previously mentioned houses, if there are more than 2 of you, the odds of survival drop.

Or they're throwing us for a loop and only one character dies, and it's Tyrion.

Tyrion is MRS Martin’s favorite character... strong chance to sit on the throne, near lock to survive the show....

Blog Entries

Tormund stole the show....I was dying laughing

For the folks that say it's "lazy writing" or "typical TV" plot points I don't know what you expect. These books should have never even been attempted to adapt, but I'd say it was done quite well. It was never going to be perfect but for the most part, the writers and directors have managed to get us to connect with several characters and given us some of the best scenes and story arcs in TV history. Also, the show has to end. One of the most unfortunate things about massive universes and timelines like this is that in the real world, people age and die and have other project they want to work on etc etc. The show premiered 8 years ago and the vast majority of the major players from then are still around. That's almost impossible nowadays. Just think of it as a great TV show with GRRM books as the "inspiration".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I thought it was a good episode. It felt like a "Sleep-over before we die". It tied up a lot of old stories and gave me sense that we were having the Last Supper (for some).

I had not thought about the Night King marching to King's Landing first, but it does make sense. There was some comment previously that he could have a huge army if he made the population there the Undead and/or WW, and then circle back up to Winterfell, while a portion of his army had thinned the Army of the North. And I could see the Gold Company bailing out when they see the Night King's army (and dragon), since mercenaries are historically known for not being dedicated if they figure the people paying for their services are on the wrong end of the stick. And some of the comments from the KL's Army over some episodes suggests a less-than-loyal group.

I have to savor each week, since we are coming to the end of the story.
    I'm not on board with the whole NK going to King's Landing first. I can't really fathom how that sort of battle would even play out. The WW and every battle we've seen them in has been in the wide open spaces of the North. I have a hard time visualizing King's Landing being overun by a frozen army of the dead.

However, I been thinking there may yet be a plot twist with the Golden Company.

1st off, they were originally founded by a branch of the Targaryen family, the Blackfyres. That may or may not come into play in this TV version

or 2nd, where is Dario Naharis? The original "sellsword" who fell in love with Dany but she left him behind over in Essos in order o maintain her ban on slavery and to manage things over there. He would probably hear through the grapevine that the entire Golden Company had mobilized and headed for King's Landing in support of Cersei...and I doubt he would do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I'm not on board with the whole NK going to King's Landing first. I can't really fathom how that sort of battle would even play out. The WW and every battle we've seen them in has been in the wide open spaces of the North. I have a hard time visualizing King's Landing being overun by a frozen army of the dead.

However, I been thinking there may yet be a plot twist with the Golden Company.

1st off, they were originally founded by a branch of the Targaryen family, the Blackfyres. That may or may not come into play in this TV version

or 2nd, where is Dario Naharis? The original "sellsword" who fell in love with Dany but she left him behind over in Essos in order o maintain her ban on slavery and to manage things over there. He would probably hear through the grapevine that the entire Golden Company had mobilized and headed for King's Landing in support of Cersei...and I doubt he would do nothing about it.
    Maybe that's episodes 4 (hearing about it)/5 (doing something about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    She’s the “anti “ lady. Lol. I really like her character.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    Funny thing is, she was basically the only female character that didn't want to either be a "lady" or care much for the schemes and manipulation that women typically have to rely on in that world. And yet, she's the only one that got to have her first sexual experience on her terms and with a person she wanted it with.

Side question - are Sansa and Theon gonna be a thing? Is Brienne finally softening on our boy Tormund and now one or both of them will die before they can make monster babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    For the folks that say it's "lazy writing" or "typical TV" plot points I don't know what you expect. These books should have never even been attempted to adapt, but I'd say it was done quite well. It was never going to be perfect but for the most part, the writers and directors have managed to get us to connect with several characters and given us some of the best scenes and story arcs in TV history. Also, the show has to end. One of the most unfortunate things about massive universes and timelines like this is that in the real world, people age and die and have other project they want to work on etc etc. The show premiered 8 years ago and the vast majority of the major players from then are still around. That's almost impossible nowadays. Just think of it as a great TV show with GRRM books as the "inspiration".
    Also don’t forget the man can’t be bothered to finish the books... hasn’t written one in almost a decade and likely never will again...