Page 185 of 880 FirstFirst ... 183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,209 to 2,220 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Yeah, just started the first episode. Wes had been my fav. Johnny Bananas is a douche but you cant help but like him. Lol.
    Cant stand CT!!

Not familiar with the new people so far. The non vets from the other reality shows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Ugh bananas is so annoying. But he and just a few others are older than me...I told myself I'd stop watching when I'm older than the whole castbeen an interesting season with the British additions to the show!

Blog Entries

Us was pretty good, but I don't really get the deeper meaning behind the film. Get Out was pretty self explanatory in that aspect but this one is a little tougher to decipher. In fact as the credits started to roll it seemed most people were just as confused about it as I was. The sound direction is EXCELLENT. It really sets the tone well. There is some haunting imagery and the overall vibe was very Shining-esque to me. It's definitely worth seeing, but don't expect anything incredible from it.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 03-21-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    When it's on and in-season:

Vikings
    Game of Thrones
    Knightfall
    I have talked about this show so much to all my friends and have mentioned it on here. It is easily my favorite show of all time (my favorite, not best). Ragnar's character gets me stoked and i love watching videos on youtube about him. To me its one of the best unknown shows out there, which the best unknown shown to me is by far Black Sails.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    We watched 5 of the Love Death Robot show. It is indeed really good. I didn't like the 3rd one (it was just *too* wierd, like someone created it on an acid trip, and a bit predictable compared to the others) but 1, 2, 4, and 5 were all entertaining. My favorite so far is probably the 2nd one. I like how they all have different animation styles.
    Each episode is done by a different director IIRC, and i told you i wasnt joking that they are out there. I wont lie...I loved number 3, had a memento style mind fuck but i completely get how to some its just extremely out there.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I have talked about this show so much to all my friends and have mentioned it on here. It is easily my favorite show of all time (my favorite, not best). Ragnar's character gets me stoked and i love watching videos on youtube about him. To me its one of the best unknown shows out there, which the best unknown shown to me is by far Black Sails.

Each episode is done by a different director IIRC, and i told you i wasnt joking that they are out there. I wont lie...I loved number 3, had a memento style mind fuck but i completely get how to some its just extremely out there.
    Agree 100% about Vikings and Black Sails. I love Game of Thrones, but I would watch those 2 shows over and over again, more so than GOT. They have to be my absolute favorite shows. Gonna be hard to top them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Ugh bananas is so annoying. But he and just a few others are older than me...I told myself I'd stop watching when I'm older than the whole castbeen an interesting season with the British additions to the show!

I got Bananas by a couple years lol.

Binge watched today and caught up on current season. New guys and gals are taking over for sure. Hope Wes can play his game right or he will be gone soon too. Gonna be hard to beat him in eliminations though.

So seeing Wicked bring up Knightfall, a show i meant to watch just never did, it reminded me of shows in that have been meaning to watch or just forgot about untill now. I may have mentioned these in the past. I usually give zero fucks about reviews and all that, but when something is over 7 on imdb i usually check it out, if it is over 8 i make it a point to. If you dont have the IMDB app i highly recommend as it lets you add stuff to watch list, anyways here ya go.

Taboo (FX) 10 Episodes. IMDB 8.5 - Tom Hardy. Early 1800s. Heir to a shipping company and the government competes with him. It's dark, violent, and i was drunk when i watched it so i dont remember, thats why its on this list. And Tom Hardy. Come on.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/?ref_=nv_sr_1

McMafia (AMC) 8 Episodes IMDB 7.7 - Son of a Russian crime family (who has been exiled) wanted to get ahead in life with out using the family name in the financial trading industry, but ends up slowly chipping away at his uncompromising morals. Acting is suspect but ive finished 4 episodes, plan on finishing the rest.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6271042/?ref_=nv_sr_2

The Alienst (TNT) 11 Episodes IMDB 7.8 - Late 19th century criminal physiologist investigated a serial killer. I have never actually watched this show and completely forgot about it , i have heard its very very dark so its right up my alley
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4604612/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Night Manager (AMC) 7 Episodes IMDB 8.2 - Night Manager (how original of a name) infiltrates a arms dealer's life. I have watched it, its been a minute but i remember it being very good, will watch again
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399664/?ref_=nv_sr_2

The Terror (AMC) 10 Episodes IMDB 8.1 - Mid 1800s two ships sent on a Royal Naval expedition to find the treacherous North while being haunted by a demonic Polar Bear (?).
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Last edited by usmccharles; 03-22-2019 at 02:59 AM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Agree 100% about Vikings and Black Sails. I love Game of Thrones, but I would watch those 2 shows over and over again, more so than GOT. They have to be my absolute favorite shows. Gonna be hard to top them as well.

Right there with ya. I tried to watch The Last Kingdom (another viking show) and i just couldnt do it. I nerd the f out when it comes to the show Vikings.

And Black Sails (Starz) IMDB 8.3 - Good god. For 1) Jessica Parker Kenneddy. Thats it. Just kidding. But yes. It also has historic references in the pirate era which im all about history. This is a much watch show and its already finished meaning you can have no life and finish it in a weekend, like me.

Blog Entries

Right there with ya. I tried to watch The Last Kingdom (another viking show) and i just couldnt do it. I nerd the f out when it comes to the show Vikings.

And Black Sails (Starz) IMDB 8.3 - Good god. For 1) Jessica Parker Kenneddy. Thats it. Just kidding. But yes. It also has historic references in the pirate era which im all about history. This is a much watch show and its already finished meaning you can have no life and finish it in a weekend, like me.
    I couldn't get into The Last Kingdom either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

One show I've been meaning to give more of a shot is Project Bluebook. It's well cast, but I just haven't had the time to watch more than the first episode.

Another show I really want to give another chance to is Man in the High Castle. I watched the first few episodes and, while interesting, I was bored with it. I like the topic of that show very much, so maybe I'll start over with it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    One show I've been meaning to give more of a shot is Project Bluebook. It's well cast, but I just haven't had the time to watch more than the first episode.

Another show I really want to give another chance to is Man in the High Castle. I watched the first few episodes and, while interesting, I was bored with it. I like the topic of that show very much, so maybe I'll start over with it.
    Project Bluebook isn't bad, I would say it's worth the watch If you're looking for something. I was hoping it would be more historical and get into cases with more details. I expected better.

High Castle is very good, just a slow moving show. I would definitely give it another shot

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

I was really, really hoping they would keep right on rolling into Treasure Island with it.

If any show deserves a continuance or spin off, it's Black Sails.

There was a rumor of a Vikings spin off already, but haven't heard anything else about it in awhile.

Us was creepy, but made no sense in the end. It's a shame because the writing ruins a phenomenal performance by Lupita Nyong'o. It's worth seeing but don't expect all the pieces to add up to a cohesive whole. Jordan Peele the director needs to get Jordan Peele the writer to make a better script.