Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Acknowledging the lack of playmakers is not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Never said I was giving up on him. If you are a Ravens fan ....Lamar is your QB for the foreseeable future. I side solidly with Greg and NC and others here. I don’t see what all you guys see. I’ve never seen it. I , unlike a lot of posters here I assume , watched Lamar quite a bit in college since I’m an FSU fan. But I’m just a dumbass fan. What do I know. I have an opinion and just like everyone but JonAB’s ....it stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I see is his dynamic has changed the identity of this team and has along with the defense provided an anecdote for these hyper passing games that define only a handful of teams in the league.

Matt Stafford is a dynamic passer with weapons but hasn't won shit. Phillip Rivers is in a similar boat.

Very few teams have a sizeable advantage via a dynamic passing game. If Joe was on the Ravens could keep up but never outdo these teams with this kind of advantage. With Lamar they can consistently compete and win most of their games. Long term success depends on if they think Lamar can grow and if that growth will give them major advantage ala Pat MaHomes. I don't think that will happen however I think Lamar will be good enough to lead a balanced team far in future playoff years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Urban, Roman and Mornhinweg, answer to Harbaugh. He gives them the gameplan, they decide the plays. Lamar Jackson is not going to become a great QB is he remains in a ball-control, sit on the lead offense. But that is the offense that Harbaugh wants.
    But who works with his mechanics? Probably mostly Urban. Harbaugh has been pretty successful with his philosophy up until Joe got paid

Blog Entries

They aren't blaming him for what they think he should be. They are acknowledging that he is a ROOKIE. While there is a veteran who has consistently shown that he can play big in playoff deciding games late in the season, as well as playoff games themselves. So, right now, they would rather go with that guy.
    Hmm 69.7 rating in a playoff deciding game in week 17 last year. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    how many playoff games has flacco played in the last 5 years?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Overlooks the game winning drivel ly to have the Defense give up a 4th and 14 for a TD. Interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    how many playoff games has flacco played in the last 5 years?
    If it’s all Flacco’s fault let’s bring back Peas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Overlooks the game winning drivel ly to have the Defense give up a 4th and 14 for a TD. Interesting
    Overlooks the fact that they absolute only reason we were even close to having a chance or winning in that game was 100% because of the defense because they had to make up for Flaccos horrid play. Defense faltered, after Flacco faltered about 10 times in that game. Go watch the game again. He fuckin sucked. Terrible.

Blog Entries

Why is that so hard to understand
    Lord only knows.

Blog Entries

If it’s all Flacco’s fault let’s bring back Peas

It’s not all Flaccos fault but this narrative that he is still good in big games is bullshit. He just plain and simply sucks. Lamar got a long ways to go but at least there’s a chance he can be good. Flacco sucks.

Blog Entries

Lord only knows.
    It seems the only defense for Lamar is Joe sucks. When acknowledging Lamar isn’t a good passer “Joe sucks, let him develop”. Lamar can’t read defenses “Joe sucks, we’re not winning anyway, let him learn”.

It’s quite sad actually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    But who works with his mechanics? Probably mostly Urban. Harbaugh has been pretty successful with his philosophy up until Joe got paid
    BUT JOE DIDNT BECOME A GREAT QB AND NEITHER WILL JACKSON. Which is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I did. You seem to think Drew Brees "and others" learned to throw in the NFL. I disagree with that take. Given you identified one guy you seem to think learned to throw at the NFL level I posted his college QBR and noted he played in a damn good college conference. Brees didn't learn to throw in the NFL, he came in with the ability.

And I know of know "others" that learned to throw in the NFL.
    The NCAA QB rating formula and NFL QB rating formula are different, Greg.
    Comparing them is useless and pointless.
    NFL talent analysts seldom don't even talk about or write about college QB ratings b/c of this.

Brady was hair under 62% for his career.
    Peyton Manning 62.5%.
    Mighty Matt Ryan was 59.9% at BC, and didn't clear 63% as a pro until his 5th season.
    Mariota was over 66.8% in CFB, and only now in his 4th season, has seemingly figured it out.

Brees barely completed 61% of his passes at Purdue. He fell short of 61% across his first 16 games as a pro. So yeah, he and I'm sure many, many others had to learn how to throw accurately, consistently and well--in the NFL.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver