Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ANOTHER new football league???

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It will.
    I don't know why but I'm rooting for it to fail lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not a story until they talk about rules or tv deals.

3. Re: ANOTHER new football league???

Alright, since this is the *Baltimore* Ravens forum, I'll say it...

How it that we have three new spring football leagues and none of them have placed a franchise in Baltimore? Granted, only 2 of the 3 leagues have announced franchise locations, so there is still a chance, but to me that is a dramatic oversight.

I realize that Baltimore isn't the biggest market in the world, but we have a high number of football fans per capita and high percentage of the fans we have are really into football. That is part of why the Ravens always hit above their weight in merchandise sales, ratings, and ticket revenue.

Even more so than that, we actually have a great track record of supporting lesser leagues. Remember when we draw 30,000-40,000 per game for Canadian Football League games? I think we led their league, which had already been established for 100 years, in attendance both years we were in, or close to it. Granted, that was right before the Ravens got here, but I've got to think it should help put us on the map for one of the *three* spring football leagues that are starting up. I mean, if nothing else, we've got an empty stadium through most of the spring- I would imagine if these leagues all want to place their closest team to the Baltimore market in DC, they're going to have some scheduling conflicts at the very least.

I'm easy. Put a team in Baltimore and give me a cheap over the top streaming package with a Roku app that I can subscribe to with all the games from said team (And, ideally, other games), and I'm in. Heck, the only thing that held me back from doing that for the arena league team was last I checked, their over-the-top streaming thing didn't include a game of the week on CBS Sports Network (Not CBS like channel 13- an obscure ESPN competitor that you need a nice cable package to get), which meant a significant number of games would not be covered by their Netflix-like thing (6 teams in the league, and 2 of them were going to be on the cable channel each week- that's a lot of missed games).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    Alright, since this is the *Baltimore* Ravens forum, I'll say it...

How it that we have three new spring football leagues and none of them have placed a franchise in Baltimore? Granted, only 2 of the 3 leagues have announced franchise locations, so there is still a chance, but to me that is a dramatic oversight.

I realize that Baltimore isn't the biggest market in the world, but we have a high number of football fans per capita and high percentage of the fans we have are really into football. That is part of why the Ravens always hit above their weight in merchandise sales, ratings, and ticket revenue.

Even more so than that, we actually have a great track record of supporting lesser leagues. Remember when we draw 30,000-40,000 per game for Canadian Football League games? I think we led their league, which had already been established for 100 years, in attendance both years we were in, or close to it. Granted, that was right before the Ravens got here, but I've got to think it should help put us on the map for one of the *three* spring football leagues that are starting up. I mean, if nothing else, we've got an empty stadium through most of the spring- I would imagine if these leagues all want to place their closest team to the Baltimore market in DC, they're going to have some scheduling conflicts at the very least.

I'm easy. Put a team in Baltimore and give me a cheap over the top streaming package with a Roku app that I can subscribe to with all the games from said team (And, ideally, other games), and I'm in. Heck, the only thing that held me back from doing that for the arena league team was last I checked, their over-the-top streaming thing didn't include a game of the week on CBS Sports Network (Not CBS like channel 13- an obscure ESPN competitor that you need a nice cable package to get), which meant a significant number of games would not be covered by their Netflix-like thing (6 teams in the league, and 2 of them were going to be on the cable channel each week- that's a lot of missed games).
    They can offer discounts if you get shot on the way to the stadium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Not a story until they talk about rules or tv deals.

AAF has a TV deal with CBS: https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...ol-1202731190/
    No TV timeouts, very few commercials.

And some of their rules are awesome. There is no kickoff. There is no extra point, you must go for two. No replays except for the two challenges. shorter time clock

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well with my league you get a discount if get circumcision. Which would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Well with my league you get a discount if get circumcision. Which would you prefer?
    Shot.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock