Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Will any free agent running back not want to sign with the Ravens?

Let Collins and Buck walk.

As much as im sick of Dixon's injuries and not being available, he's cheap.

Give Gus the lead role, he has earned it and see what he can do with it.

Draft a RB with pass catching ability.

Sign either Ingram

Resign TyMont
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Man, why are we talking about wasting money on a FA RB? Few things make less sense in the NFL than spending money on a RB on his second or third contract.

Draft!
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Man, why are we talking about wasting money on a FA RB? Few things make less sense in the NFL than spending money on a RB on his second or third contract.

Draft!
    So much this. Paying for a RB in the NFL is probably the dumbest thing you can do other than like drafting a kicker in the first round.

Draft!
    Agreed. Pittsburgh is proving you can swap out a star running back with a third rounder and not see a drop in production. Philip Lindsay, undrafted, but second in the NFL in rushing. Kamara was a later pick too. Plenty of RB talent out there.

Please spend that money on the line instead if you want your running game improved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Draft them don’t waste money on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Agreed. Pittsburgh is proving you can swap out a star running back with a third rounder and not see a drop in production. Philip Lindsay, undrafted, but second in the NFL in rushing. Kamara was a later pick too. Plenty of RB talent out there.

Please spend that money on the line instead if you want your running game improved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Our own Gus The Bus Edwards is a UDFA also, and he has the 5th most rushing yards out of all RB's in weeks 11-13.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Our own Gus The Bus Edwards is a UDFA also, and he has the 5th most rushing yards out of all RB's in weeks 11-13.
    Lindsey in Denver as well

Draft!
    Yeah, no way I'm giving big money to Ingram or Bell looking for their 2nd contracts. They'll be falling off within a year or two.

The rest of the RB on that potential FA list can easily be replaced with a draft pick, most of which these days are more acclimated to catching out of the backfield and pass protection.

Gus is a great pairing with Lamar in an RPO because he's a bruising north/south runner. He doesn't leave yards on the field like Collins with all the dancing and wiggling. However, as we inevitably move to less RPO, I think Gus' effectiveness goes down because he doesn't really generate yards on his own. He needs Lamar and his threat to run to keep the defenses on their heels and from keying in on him.

I want to keep Gus and keep him involved in the offense, but he's not an every down bell cow back. As I said before the draft last year, the Ravens shouldn't put all of their eggs in the basket we currently have. I did not like Collins as a feature back one bit and thought we should've been taking a RB in rounds 2 or 3 in what was a pretty talented class. The draft didn't fall that way though as most of the good backs were gone by round 2 and we were focused on landing a TE + Lamar with our first 2 picks.

I don't know what the draft looks like this year beyond seeing Bryce Love's name thrown out there a lot around here, but I think we should be looking at RB early again.

Let Buck & Collins walk.
    Keep Gus as a #2 to split carries with potential draft pick.
    Keep Dixon as depth until he's suspended/injured again.
    Re-sign Montgomery as our 3rd down pass catching RB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lindsey in Denver as well

And Breida in San Fran.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Will any free agent running back not want to sign with the Ravens?

Draft!
    Bch I agree, plus I agree with charlie too. Gus, Dixon, Monty, and a draftee should do the trick in 2019... Bc

I don't know how but the next CBA should find a way to address the short shelf lives of starting running backs. They need to get paid a little more on their 1st contract - if there is a way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I don't know how but the next CBA should find a way to address the short shelf lives of starting running backs. They need to get paid a little more on their 1st contract - if there is a way.
    They should push for fully guaranteed contracts.