Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Can we talk about Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yep...he's good, but for the 6th pick in the draft...my expectations are/were quite a bit higher than what we've gotten.

I'd have no problem with his overall play since being drafted if he was a mid first round pick. But it's tough to stomach the good but not great play when we were so close to Bosa or Ramsey or Elliott.
    Those guys were all taken before Ronnie Stanley.

He's solid LT. Not a top 10 guy at the position but better than average

I have to think his performance last night was health related.

2. Re: Can we talk about Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    His play reminds me of Eugene Monroe. He's not bad, just not great either. He'll have his hands full with some of the leagues better pass rushers.
    So we replaced the old Eugene Monroe with the 6th overall pick in the draft, and we ended up with the new Eugene Monroe?

woof

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Those guys were all taken before Ronnie Stanley.

He's solid LT. Not a top 10 guy at the position but better than average

I have to think his performance last night was health related.
    Yeah, I'm just saying. To go from those first five picks, all of whom have been Pro Bowlers, which included 2 franchise QBs (one of which essentially led his team to the SB last year), an elite pass rusher, the best CB in the league, and one of the best RBs in the league, to "above average Ronnie Stanley" is tough. Especially given we rarely pick that high. I realize not much they could have done about that, but it doesn't make it any less depressing.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    he's kinda Soft really but he's not the worse.
    Kinda of soft??? He’s straight Charmin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Kinda of soft??? He’s straight Charmin.
    lol no he ain't that bad Filth he came back last year playing on one leg so he's not perriman soft but he is a bit squishy lol

lol no he ain't that bad Filth he came back last year playing on one leg so he's not perriman soft but he is a bit squishy lol
    Man when I said the same thing last yr Smoove...old timers here lit me up! Stanley is adequate...he just ain’t got that Nasty Streak like JO, Yanda , KO and Jensen. Big Zeus had it. lil Zeus shows flashes of it. Nasty linemen win the battle. We need 4 more. Maybe Nico is nasty. Prob why he ain’t playing. Not a “Mighty Man”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I'm just saying. To go from those first five picks, all of whom have been Pro Bowlers, which included 2 franchise QBs (one of which essentially led his team to the SB last year), an elite pass rusher, the best CB in the league, and one of the best RBs in the league, to "above average Ronnie Stanley" is tough. Especially given we rarely pick that high. I realize not much they could have done about that, but it doesn't make it any less depressing.
    This.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Man when I said the same thing last yr Smoove...old timers here lit me up! Stanley is adequate...he just ain’t got that Nasty Streak like JO, Yanda , KO and Jensen. Big Zeus had it. lil Zeus shows flashes of it. Nasty linemen win the battle. We need 4 more. Maybe Nico is nasty. Prob why he ain’t playing. Not a “Mighty Man”.

I like my linemen nasty and mean, Oline is no different from Dline it's all trenches and you gotta be full of piss and vinegar to play int he trenches and if you don't have that type of attitude dudes will eat you up (see Geno Atkins)

I like my linemen nasty and mean, Oline is no different from Dline it's all trenches and you gotta be full of piss and vinegar to play int he trenches and if you don't have that type of attitude dudes will eat you up (see Geno Atkins)
    My man Smoove. That’s why you my guy ! 🥃

FWIW, Stanley was hurt in the preseason game against the Colts and didn't play again until Week 1, so he's probably not completely recovered and still dealing with that.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...ek-2-preseason
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

11. Re: Can we talk about Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    FWIW, Stanley was hurt in the preseason game against the Colts and didn't play again until Week 1, so he's probably not completely recovered and still dealing with that.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...ek-2-preseason
    I just don't understand why they can't be transparent about that? If "I'm not hurt" is a lie, then just no comment on it. Christ...

Blog Entries

harbaugh said fuck your transparency LOL