Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: John Brown

Blog Entries

Re: John Brown

Brown still has to stay healthy. Snead still has to prove he can play at a consistently good level. Crabtree still has to return to form.

This talk of this being the best receiving corp in the NFL is premature. They haven't proven a thing yet. Table this for the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This talk of this being the best receiving corp in the NFL is premature. They haven't proven a thing yet. Table this for the end of the year.
    That goes for any player, team unit or coach, as far as I am concerned. I am in a very much "Show me" and "Walk the walk" mood this year.

Blog Entries

Im hesitant to say these are the best weve seen, though i believe it, because I thought Wallace coming off 1000, BP entering his 3rd and coming off a 500yd essentially rookie season, and Maclin 1 year removed from a 1k season in KC and entering his prime was the best weve had. That didnt work out quite as well in reality vs on paper.

I see what their plan is, and i like what im hearing, but until the games matter, ill be hesitant to call it anything beyond a good plan.

"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
    -JAB

Pump the breaks on the “best WR group in the NFL”. Remember that all 3 of these WR’s are cast offs from other teams. Whether due to injury, performance, or just having better options.

We need the real games to start around here. Too many on here proclaim outlandish things too often. It’s almost daily someone posting about one of our deep reserves getting traded for a draft pick, or making the team and being an all pro.

Best WR Group in the NFL on paper... I would say the Falcons.

Julio Jones
    Mohamed Sanu
    Calvin Ridley
    Justin Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Julio Jones
    Mohamed Sanu
    Calvin Ridley
    Justin Hardy
    The top would just be a matter of opinion, but I’m saying that the Ravens aren’t near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The top would just be a matter of opinion, but I’m saying that the Ravens aren’t near the top.
    Ah, well, there are certainly a few others I'd take over Baltimore too. They are still arguably the worst WR corps in the division.

- Pittsburgh has Antonio and JuJu, and it hardly seems to matter who else with those two.
    - Cincy has AJ Green. Tyler Boyd and Josh Malone are promising too.
    - Cleveland... well, they have to stay on the field, but Gordon and Callaway on the outside with Landry in the slot? Ouch.

We won't really know until the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Pump the breaks on the “best WR group in the NFL”.
    Well, to be be fair, I don't think anyone in this thread said that they were. Or even in the division. I think the "best" comment refers to the Ravens history, or at least in some time...and as many have commented, even then, that is a low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    If Hurst stays healthy, he's going to double that.
    I hope so, but why would we assume he's going to double the output of the average rookie 1st round TE? Because he's looked good in preseason? We haven't seen him against real NFL competition yet.

I am optimistic on Hurst, but I wouldn't guarantee that he'll double the production that recent history suggests we should expect.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 08-13-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Unless im blind no one said its the best wr group in the nfl. It wouldn't even be top 10 I'd imagine.

People said the best group we as ravens have had

We don’t have the best wr group in the NFL. We do have a decent group which might become the best group we have had since the SB or best all time. The bar is not that high. I’d be happy with 2011-2012 production. That group could go on a roll in the playoffs and make it to the SB. Decent running game, good wr production and TE catching 50-60 passes would put us deep into the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Julio Jones
    Mohamed Sanu
    Calvin Ridley
    Justin Hardy
    Slightly OT - I think you could make an argument that the Falcons have the best overall roster in the league.... on paper

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!