Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Suggs throws Pees under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Don’t blame Wink he was poisoned by Josh McDaniels LOL
    LOL yea I won't hold it against him but I tell you this, Wink had that LB corp playing lights out but the rest of that defense was hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    LOL yea I won't hold it against him but I tell you this, Wink had that LB corp playing lights out but the rest of that defense was hot garbage.
    LOL I understand but McDaniels was hot garbage in Denver so everyone else was collateral damage.

Blog Entries

LOL I understand but McDaniels was hot garbage in Denver so everyone else was collateral damage.
    lol alright Shug, we'll see; I think john harbaugh tapping you on the shoulder LOL.

lol alright Shug, we'll see; I think john harbaugh tapping you on the shoulder LOL.
    LOL if he is I’ll turn around and clock his ass LOL

5. Re: Suggs throws Pees under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I can reacall how difficult it was for some of the old-school Ravens to adjust to life after Rex. Billick was hands off and Rex was pants off.
    I think you might be confusing Rex with Coach Cullen...

I'll say this, the last 5-6 seasons this defense has played nothing like the Baltimore defense we've known.
    Trust me the defense will be better
    I agree with Smoove, the stuff we've been watching lately has not been fun, and it hasn't felt like "Ravens football".

SugarRay, I think you're right that the D will be better. But I almost don't care if they're better: I just want them to be more fun to watch. If they take some gambles and make the offense react and force some plays, then I'll be ok if they give up a few more points. At least defensive possessions will be tolerable to watch, again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I agree with Smoove, the stuff we've been watching lately has not been fun, and it hasn't felt like "Ravens football".

SugarRay, I think you're right that the D will be better. But I almost don't care if they're better: I just want them to be more fun to watch. If they take some gambles and make the offense react and force some plays, then I'll be ok if they give up a few more points. At least defensive possessions will be tolerable to watch, again.
    They will be more fun to watch which makes it better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I think you might be confusing Rex with Coach Cullen...

LOL shug you on the GAS this morning?
    More like whiskey. That's what makes one ready to go.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ortizer; 05-19-2018 at 11:04 AM.

I wasn't a fan of our DC but the defense played well honestly can't really see them playing much better regardless of Wink. We were top in turnovers top 5 in overall defense. We gave up some late drives but all defenses do.

People criticize Pees for the cover defenses but as soon as Jimmy went down we were forced to change some things. No team was going to send all out blitzes with just Humphrey and Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I wasn't a fan of our DC but the defense played well honestly can't really see them playing much better regardless of Wink. We were top in turnovers top 5 in overall defense. We gave up some late drives but all defenses do.

People criticize Pees for the cover defenses but as soon as Jimmy went down we were forced to change some things. No team was going to send all out blitzes with just Humphrey and Carr.
    That's the problem:
    With Jimmy Smith -- Incredible Hulk;
    Without Jimmy Smith -- Bruce Banner.

Beginning with the playoff loss to the Patriots in 2014 it feels like we've been watching the same plot play out repeatedly. Jimmy Smith gets hurt; Ravens defense drops to mediocre or worse.

Why, just today the NFL Network rebroadcast the Ravens-Giants game from 2016. (Part of a promotion to hype the return of Odell Beckham). The Ravens radio broadcast featured audio of Dean Pees explaining how important it is, how effective a defense can be -- when the opponent is made one dimensional. The audio aired at time when the Ravens defense was dominating the Giants. Then...

About fifteen minutes later Jimmy Smith gets injured.

Odell Beckham finishes with 222 yards and two TDs. Manning throws for more than 400 yards.

Wooden stake, silver bullet, kryptonite, big zit on prom night -- you knew it was going to happen and worse still, that if it did happen, the guy in charge couldn't overcome it.

They weren't bad with Pees. They were vulnerable. And it's vulnerability that invites self-doubt and emboldens opponents.

A change was needed.