Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Wrestling Fans' Off-Season Thread

WrestleMania sucked ass. My friend talked me into watching it. I didn't even watch the whole thing. I saw a kid from the crowd become a Tag Champion and I saw one of the shittiest, mundane-st boring main events I could have imagined. Now I see why I don't follow it like I used to.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Wrestling Fans' Off-Season Thread

WWE = trash

wrestling is fake bro

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    WrestleMania sucked ass. My friend talked me into watching it. I didn't even watch the whole thing. I saw a kid from the crowd become a Tag Champion and I saw one of the shittiest, mundane-st boring main events I could have imagined. Now I see why I don't follow it like I used to.
    The Rousey-Angle vs Triple H Stephanie McMahon match was the highlight of the night Ronda did very well

Blog Entries

The only good part was the part everyone figured would be garbage, the Rousey match. She needs a lot more training though, she is going to hurt someone with those throws she was doing.

Everything else was garbage, even by WWE's standards of late.

AJ v. Shinsuke was a massive letdown save for the heel turn.

Braun is one of the two or three most over guys on the roster, so lets team him with a kid from the audience in what amounts to a comedy match rather than have him give some life to the main.

Rusev and Roode are super over and steady hand Orton, but give the belt to Jinder, who sucks and nobody likes.

Elias is also super over, but all he got was a short comedy bit and a beatdown.

Asuka shouldn't have lost.

Alexa Bliss is the most over female wrestler they have had since the days of Trish Stratus and Lita. She deserved better than having to job to the awful Nia Jax.

Don't even get me started on the Taker/Cena "match". He's my favorite of all time and I will always mark out seeing him, but if Taker can't wrestle a 15 minute match any more, let him stay retired. I suspect there will be more to this than what we saw last night, though. (follow up at Summerslam)

Luke Harper is awesome, but the 80's/90's gimmick him and Rowan have is cringe.

Lesnar/Reigns...ugh. I have no words. One of the worst WM mains ever. It was like watching a couple kids play WWE 2K. There is a time and place for finisher spam - the second half of the 5* Taker/HBK match was basically just finisher spam, but this was...not the time. What you have now is a Brock that is still unbeatable to everyone but Taker and Goldberg, and Roman who in kayfabe is basically invincible, requiring 10 signatures and 6 finishers to beat. And completely baffling decision to have Lesnar go over Reigns once again. Not a Reigns fan but at some point you either have to let him finish Brock clean or move on and give that spot to someone else. If you are still getting cold feet about putting the belt on him after five years, maybe it's time to move on.

One of the worst WrestleMania in years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Rousey is getting rave reivews. I have it taped so gonna watch it this week
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The women's title match between Flair and Auska was the best match of the night.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The only good part was the part everyone figured would be garbage, the Rousey match. She needs a lot more training though, she is going to hurt someone with those throws she was doing.

Everything else was garbage, even by WWE's standards of late.

AJ v. Shinsuke was a massive letdown save for the heel turn.

Braun is one of the two or three most over guys on the roster, so lets team him with a kid from the audience in what amounts to a comedy match rather than have him give some life to the main.

Rusev and Roode are super over and steady hand Orton, but give the belt to Jinder, who sucks and nobody likes.

Elias is also super over, but all he got was a short comedy bit and a beatdown.

Asuka shouldn't have lost.

Alexa Bliss is the most over female wrestler they have had since the days of Trish Stratus and Lita. She deserved better than having to job to the awful Nia Jax.

Don't even get me started on the Taker/Cena "match". He's my favorite of all time and I will always mark out seeing him, but if Taker can't wrestle a 15 minute match any more, let him stay retired. I suspect there will be more to this than what we saw last night, though. (follow up at Summerslam)

Luke Harper is awesome, but the 80's/90's gimmick him and Rowan have is cringe.

Lesnar/Reigns...ugh. I have no words. One of the worst WM mains ever. It was like watching a couple kids play WWE 2K. There is a time and place for finisher spam - the second half of the 5* Taker/HBK match was basically just finisher spam, but this was...not the time. What you have now is a Brock that is still unbeatable to everyone but Taker and Goldberg, and Roman who in kayfabe is basically invincible, requiring 10 signatures and 6 finishers to beat. And completely baffling decision to have Lesnar go over Reigns once again. Not a Reigns fan but at some point you either have to let him finish Brock clean or move on and give that spot to someone else. If you are still getting cold feet about putting the belt on him after five years, maybe it's time to move on.

One of the worst WrestleMania in years.
    Auska needed to lose she hasnt lost in like 3 years. Everybody killed WCW for Goldbergs streak back in the day and her's was even longer.

Charlotte / Rousey were the only two viable options to defeat her, and Charlotte has been the best female wrestler in the world for going on 2 years now. They had to have Auska lose at some point, and honestly it was the best match of the night
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Rephrase that...Asuka shouldn't have lost in the manner she did. For someone who had a streak like she did, tapping almost immediately after the Figure 8 was put on, despite Charlotte not working the knee at all prior, made no sense. That's like if WCW had Nash beat Goldberg on one jackknife powerbomb out of the blue.

I don't think Charlotte is even top five on the main roster. Alexa, Asuka, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Ruby, all better than her. They just haven't been booked like she has, except for Alexa and Asuka. Though, admittedly, I am actually repulsed by Charlotte, so it is hard for me to enjoy her matches.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Rousey is getting rave reivews. I have it taped so gonna watch it this week
    She was good man for it being her first match especially at Wrestlemania

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The Rousey-Angle vs Triple H Stephanie McMahon match was the highlight of the night Ronda did very well
    I thought Charlotte vs Asuka match was the best women’s match I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Rephrase that...Asuka shouldn't have lost in the manner she did. For someone who had a streak like she did, tapping almost immediately after the Figure 8 was put on, despite Charlotte not working the knee at all prior, made no sense. That's like if WCW had Nash beat Goldberg on one jackknife powerbomb out of the blue.

I don't think Charlotte is even top five on the main roster. Alexa, Asuka, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Ruby, all better than her. They just haven't been booked like she has, except for Alexa and Asuka. Though, admittedly, I am actually repulsed by Charlotte, so it is hard for me to enjoy her matches.
    I think you are completely wrong and honestly I don’t think any of the women outside of Asuka are even in Charlottes league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk