Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Democrats: Fight Anything Trump, Republicans Put Forward

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    They have a huge defense budget to don’t they?
    They do. But most of their budget spent on defense is made back because of the land they lease to the US for our 36 bases there.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t disagree with this.

I think if they could, Texas would secede.

I also think California would as well (wouldn’t be sad about this one, honestly).

And that fear you’re noting here is exactly why the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No State is going to secede, regardless of how much Texas thinks it wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I agree. Tho at this point our military is so advanced we'd all get smoked anyway lol
    This. The whole idea about the 2nd Amendment was a protection for citizens against a tyrannical government has long since worn out. It made sense when everyone used muskets and pistols...but now, the US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. With technology so advance and unknown to the general public, some would call it science fiction. If our government became tyrannical and used the military against us, normal armed citizens aren't going to be much of a threat.

Besides the 2nd Amendment was added for other reasons than just to protect against the government. The biggest reason, IMO, it was added was to ensure the Southern colonies signed on to the new government. Allowing citizens to arm themselves meant slave owners could stay armed on plantations, where slaves vastly out numbered plantation owners and their families.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I agree. Tho at this point our military is so advanced we'd all get smoked anyway lol
    Sure. Drone technology being what it is tips the scales in a major way.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Well, she is in (or has been through) college, so there's a good chance that she was brainwashed.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No State is going to secede, regardless of how much Texas thinks it wants to.

This. The whole idea about the 2nd Amendment was a protection for citizens against a tyrannical government has long since worn out. It made sense when everyone used muskets and pistols...but now, the US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. With technology so advance and unknown to the general public, some would call it science fiction. If our government became tyrannical and used the military against us, normal armed citizens aren't going to be much of a threat.

Besides the 2nd Amendment was added for other reasons than just to protect against the government. The biggest reason, IMO, it was added was to ensure the Southern colonies signed on to the new government. Allowing citizens to arm themselves meant slave owners could stay armed on plantations, where slaves vastly out numbered plantation owners and their families.
    Interesting theory Dade...

What are you basing that off of?

I'd love to see California succeed. That would be a great thing for America

Good job, keep fighting! Keep up the resistance against Donnie and the chaos in the White House.

Trump has accomplished almost nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'd love to see California succeed. That would be a great thing for America

The economic impact of California on the country is greater than any other state. Silicon Valley alone is responsible for much of the wealth that the US has generated over the past 25 years. You can hate them politically but they are key to growth and prosperity.

Blog Entries

This. The whole idea about the 2nd Amendment was a protection for citizens against a tyrannical government has long since worn out. It made sense when everyone used muskets and pistols...but now, the US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. With technology so advance and unknown to the general public, some would call it science fiction. If our government became tyrannical and used the military against us, normal armed citizens aren't going to be much of a threat..
    The 2nd amendment is for everything up to and including a tyrannical government. That would include a self-defense from unarmed or armed attackers on you or family or friends all the way up to a foreign military too.

I'm also not buying the people wouldn't be much of a threat to the military. We've haven't exactly wiped out the Taliban that isn't armed that much better than our citizen's in a country about the size of Texas. Additionally, the military is made up of citizens of this country. Any friends or family in the military I have, I know what side they'd be on.

It came up in research I did years ago when I was writing a paper on the Constitution. Nowadays you can find plenty articles online both agreeing and disagreeing with the theory. My larger point was there were many motivations behind the 2A, like NCRaven said.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The 2nd amendment is for everything up to and including a tyrannical government. That would include a self-defense from unarmed or armed attackers on you or family or friends all the way up to a foreign military too.

I'm also not buying the people wouldn't be much of a threat to the military. We've haven't exactly wiped out the Taliban that isn't armed that much better than our citizen's in a country about the size of Texas. Additionally, the military is made up of citizens of this country. Any friends or family in the military I have, I know what side they'd be on.
    Agreed there were many motivations behind the 2A.

Again, agreed that there would be a lot of military members who wouldn't want to kill their fellow countrymen. But that didn't stop the military from killing the rebels during the Civil War. The military is very good at training it's members to dehumanize their opponents. Dehumanizing the enemy removes any empathy that you would normally have. Speaking from experience, in my earlier 20s during the height of the war on terror, I called Arab/Muslims towel heads and sand niggers. I had no qualm about killing them.

Blog Entries

Agreed there were many motivations behind the 2A.

Again, agreed that there would be a lot of military members who wouldn't want to kill their fellow countrymen. But that didn't stop the military from killing the rebels during the Civil War. The military is very good at training it's members to dehumanize their opponents. Dehumanizing the enemy removes any empathy that you would normally have. Speaking from experience, in my earlier 20s during the height of the war on terror, I called Arab/Muslims towel heads and sand niggers. I had no qualm about killing them.
    I appreciate your honesty, Dade. It's refreshing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎