Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And I think the flip side of that is without evidence of how often it happens I think that it's irresponsible to call for justice of something that could be complete overhyped.
    No that's not the flip side. Because while we may not be able to pin point the exact numbers, there's more than enough information available for people to be calling for justice and more police accountability. For instance the DOJ released the findings of systemic racism in Baltimore and St Louis police departments. SYSTEMIC!!!!....Not random acts but systemic . Nothing overblown about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Nonsense. Blacks are in jail for violent crime. There is hardly anyone in jail for simply using. The majority of people in prison for drug crimes are dealers.

It's amazing how the most uninformed people have the strongest opinions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...rested-for-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    It's amazing how the most uninformed people have the strongest opinions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...rested-for-it/
    Funny how the posters that think they know everything don't address the comments actually made.

Blog Entries

No that's not the flip side. Because while we may not be able to pin point the exact numbers, there's more than enough information available for people to be calling for justice and more police accountability. For instance the DOJ released the findings of systemic racism in Baltimore and St Louis police departments. SYSTEMIC!!!!....Not random acts but systemic . Nothing overblown about that.
    It's the flipside depending on how much of a problem you think it is. By your post I get the impression you think it's very widespread and common. Where I think while it happens, it's not the problem you think it is.

Blog Entries

It's the flipside depending on how much of a problem you think it is. By your post I get the impression you think it's very widespread and common. Where I think while it happens, it's not the problem you think it is.
    I guess we are at the point where we will have to agree to disagree. At this point I feel like im trying to convince you that water is wet. If you don't respect or understand the magnitude of SYSTEMIC racism being found in our police departments........I've got nothing.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Funny how the posters that think they know everything don't address the comments actually made.
    Whatever you say buddy! I don't agree with half the people on this thread but at least they are actually supporting their arguments, whether I agree with it or not. You are just left field. Im not losing sleep over what you think is "nonsense". Good day!

Blog Entries

I guess we are at the point where we will have to agree to disagree. At this point I feel like im trying to convince you that water is wet. If you don't respect or understand the magnitude of SYSTEMIC racism being found in our police departments........I've got nothing.....
    I understand it. But two police departments is not an indicator of a large widespread problem.

Blog Entries

I understand it. But two police departments is not an indicator of a large widespread problem.
    Cities not single police stations. BTW the DOJ doesn't just arbitrarily investigate every department.

I always hear people frustrated about cops getting a bad name for the random videos that surface here and there but does anyone consider how much corruption goes on in these communities that never sees the light of day?
    How could anyone not be frustrated about when cops as a whole get bad named for a single cops action. Its like saying you just bout a new Porsche Cayman and the engine blew up, so all Caymans are a piece of shit, even though my Cayman has 60k miles on it with not one problem to date. (the rest isn't directed towards you, just overall thoughts)

Either statistics are true or they aren't, people tend to use them when they support their argument but ignore them if it helps the other side. 93% of black people are killed by black people, even though black people account for around 13% of the US population they are responsible for 50% of violent crimes (that number might be off, looking for the link later). My point is if its facts, how does that make anything racist? More white people have been killed by police officers this year to date, that doesn't get any ounce of attention because the race card cant be played (imo). Addressing the issue of the 93% blacks killed by blacks would be far more beneficial and easier than addressing the situation with "racist cop killings," I wont say this is over blown, I just don't think the right things are getting the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I would say race plays a role in some. I wouldn't say most. But I have zero evidence on that.

From a law enforcement perspective, I do think there has to be some form of stereotyping to do the job properly. It's like the insurance industry. Rates are higher (at least in Canada) for young males than females. Therefore, young males are seen as worse drivers than young females.

Apply that to law enforcement, certain demographics have a higher chance of being involved in criminality. The problem is, just like the insurance industry in my example, you take that stereostype and apply it to all of a demographic. So I may be the best driver in the world, never get in an accident, but I'm still going to pay more than a female that's the same age as me because of the statistics behind it. It's not my personal actions, it's the actions of my demographic.

Now, obviously, when it comes to insurance it's not that big of a deal. However, when it comes to unfair and unlawful treatment by law enfrocement, it is a big deal. On one hand I think you need to stereotype to do the job properly (and this isn't just for minorities), but on the other hand, that can lead to unlawful treatment. So you need to find the line.

Take that panicky cop in the Castille video. Is he that panicky if he's pulling over a white couple? I doubt it. Did race play a role in that? Personally, I think it did, but I don't have proof of that. I don't know that guys record and I don't know him personally so I have no clue what was going through his head.
    See above.

Side-note: I really appreciate everyone taking part in this discussion as this is such a touchy subject in today's society. But the first solution to any problem is acknowledging there is one. A lot of us will disagree but that's what makes these conversations so important. It's just sad that in today's society when a cop kills someone, the first questions are about race, not even the actions causing the situation.

The cop panicked and overreacted. But that one was not that straight forward. Castile did not follow proper procedure as someone who was licensed to carry. The combination of his actions and a panicky cop led to that shooting.

They might have got a conviction with a bit of a lesser charge IMO. But the problem is what about that shooting was criminal?
    We don't have all the information the jurors had, so there's no way to really be sure. This is one of those differing opinion things.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race). https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9e397951675

What the Post tries to do, because they suck at journalism, is to argue that of course more whites are killed by police than blacks because there are more white people in the U.S. Yet violent crimes are committed by blacks and whites at the same rate. It's about 50/50 which I've already proved a dozen times so feel free to look it up yourselves. Now, if there are 100 violent white criminals, and 100 violent black criminals and more white criminals are getting shot... I trust everybody can see where this is going?

The data simply does not show that black people are more likely to be killed by police when you take everything into account.

EDIT: Found this. http://time.com/4404987/police-violence/
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    We don't have all the information the jurors had, so there's no way to really be sure. This is one of those differing opinion things.
    That's the point I was trying to make, Of course jurors will get it wrong here and there, its just the human element.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race). https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9e397951675

What the Post tries to do, because they suck at journalism, is to argue that of course more whites are killed by police than blacks because there are more white people in the U.S. Yet violent crimes are committed by blacks and whites at the same rate. It's about 50/50 which I've already proved a dozen times so feel free to look it up yourselves. Now, if there are 100 violent white criminals, and 100 violent black criminals and more white criminals are getting shot... I trust everybody can see where this is going?

The data simply does not show that black people are more likely to be killed by police when you take everything into account.

EDIT: Found this. http://time.com/4404987/police-violence/
    Be careful using data....