Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The "degree of difficulty" thing is really annoying, expecially when we're talking about the failures on 3rd and short. You watch other offenses and they have a designed screen to the TE, or bubble screen WITH BLOCKING, or a pick play with WRs coming out of a bunch, or crossing patterns off play action. I don't know if it's a problem with Flacco's short accuracy or quick decision making or just design of the offense, but I feel like Flacco is constantly being asked to execute a really difficult pass to just move the chains.

It makes sense to take advantage of Flacco's arm talent, but with the exception of Jay Cutler, I don't feel like other quarterbacks are asked to complete such difficult throws into tight coverage with no chance for YAC.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chicagoravensfan; 11-24-2012 at 10:11 PM.

2. Re: The Level of Difficulty in What Joe Flacco has Accomplished/ The Passing League Mantra

We have Yanda, Leach & Rice.
    We have a middle of the pack running game.

We have Torrey, Boldin, Pitta, Jacoby, Rice.
    We have a middle of the pack passing game.

Both look great at home, both look terrible on the road.
    Which is why overall they are average.

How likely is it that these sets of players all just happen to be the type who all play great at home but lousy on the road? Was Boldin like that in Arizona?

So, if we discard that possibility then that leaves 3 others.

1) The O-Line plays well enough at home and not well enough on the road.
    2) At home, the players, namely Joe, are running the offense while on the road, the coaches, namely Cam, are running the offense.
    3) Both 1) and 2)

Blog Entries

Re: The Level of Difficulty in What Joe Flacco has Accomplished/ The Passing League Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    The "degree of difficulty" thing is really annoying, expecially when we're talking about the failures on 3rd and short. You watch other offenses and they have a designed screen to the TE, or bubble screen WITH BLOCKING, or a pick play with WRs coming out of a bunch, or crossing patterns off play action. I don't know if it's a problem with Flacco's short accuracy or quick decision making or just design of the offense, but I feel like Flacco is constantly being asked to execute a really difficult pass to just move the chains.

It makes sense to take advantage of Flacco's arm talent, but with the exception of Jay Cutler, I don't feel like other quarterbacks are asked to complete such difficult throws into tight coverage with no chance for YAC.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Exactly what Greg Cosell was talking about all of last year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: The Level of Difficulty in What Joe Flacco has Accomplished/ The Passing League Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Do you have any statistical evidence to back up this claim? Playing in a division where two of the three opposing teams are completely non-competitive would seem to make things a little easier on Flacco.
    Only one of the teams in the AFC North hasn't won the division since Flacco entered the league: Cleveland. The AFC North has not been "a division where two of the three opposing teams are completely non-competitive."

Cincinnati even swept the division one of Flacco's years- a year where we made the playoffs and Pittsburgh didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You mean run run pass punt.... oh damn we don't get a first down running the ball so now we're going to ask Flacco to throw the ball over 40 times and lose another road game.
    We don't do that enough on the road. The recent Cleveland and Pittsburgh games have been against type. Typically, we run, throw a deep pass (incomplete), throw another mid-to-deep pass (incomplete), punt. Then, when that hasn't gained a first down, we pass, pass, pass, punt.

Cameron keeps trying to make the Coryell work backwards...

Stafford and Cutler would both be dead on this team. The durability that Joe has shown is unquestionable. He stands in the pocket and takes big hits every game. Even Ben, who is a big tough guy (drama not-with-standing),has missed several games (8 and counting regular season games) since '09. I know 4 of those are due to suspension, but the other 4 and probably next week are all as a result of injury. Durability has not ben an issue for Joe, and that should not be understated.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Only one of the teams in the AFC North hasn't won the division since Flacco entered the league: Cleveland. The AFC North has not been "a division where two of the three opposing teams are completely non-competitive."

Cincinnati even swept the division one of Flacco's years- a year where we made the playoffs and Pittsburgh didn't.
    They swept the weak AFC north and went 10-6. That means they went 4-6 outside the division and got bumped out of the playoffs by a wildcard team. Yeah real competitive. Their record since Flacco came in the league is 32-41. In other words weak, losers, non competitive. Cleveland has been worse. Laughingstock of the league most years.

Blog Entries

All...week...long.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I have a hard time understanding why, when (insert top 10 qb name here) wins it's because he's a great qb;when Joe Flacco wins (which he's done more than anyone since he's come into the league) it's because he has a good team around him. I don't get it.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    I have a hard time understanding why, when (insert top 10 qb name here) wins it's because he's a great qb;when Joe Flacco wins (which he's done more than anyone since he's come into the league) it's because he has a good team around him. I don't get it.
    That is what pisses me off the most.