Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throwbacks

Re: Throwbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Isn't UA the company behind the various hideous, universally panned UMD uniforms? No thanks...
    Not universally panned. Recruits like them and I personally like them too.

Bring back 70's style with the big stripes on the edge of the sleeves and tear away jerseys. I like the old school look.

For the most part, I like the Ravens Uniform, but I *hate* our helmets. I've never been a fan of the cartoon/Heckle and Jeckle bird on the side- They totally look like they're out of a bad cartoon. Just design a better looking Raven helmet logo. I'm also a fan of the newer helmet shading (I liked the Skins fake leather look last week too), and wouldn't mind a couple of new accents on the uni's.

I would love to see the helmet redesigned to have something on it that can be seen clearly from a distance the way the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Cowboys, and Bengals are. I feel like the current logo is too cluttered when you're watching the game on tv to make out clearly. Something that isn't a logo so much as it is part of the helmet as one big piece.

I'd also like to see black be a much more prominent, main color like it is for for the Jaguars now.

Aside from the logo, the Ravens have had basically the same uniform (of course some differences in trim and arrangement).

I would really like a new uni. Marylands all black uni looks slick. I was hoping when Nike took over they would redo the Ravens, but they made no changes, except for the dumb collar that every team has. Speaking of the collar it doesn't look so bad on the fans jersey.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I think you simplify the helmet logo by putting the B from the pants on it. Drop the drop shadow on the numbers and it becomes a classic.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    I think you simplify the helmet logo by putting the B from the pants on it. Drop the drop shadow on the numbers and it becomes a classic.
    You had me until "drop the drop shadow".

One of my biggest complaints about Ravens fans when it comes to uniforms is they can NEVER agree on what the best look is. Some always want more black, others like a new logo, others want black pants with a purple jersey, others want some Oregon Ducks-level overhaul. Here's my suggestion: leave the uniform alone. Indefinitely. I don't think it does anything but harm the Ravens brand to keep reshuffling their look all the time, the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Packers and others have a very strong tradition with making only very subtle changes to their uniforms over a very long period of time. There's a certain confidence and strong identity with that.

I dont personally care all that much about the look of the uniform unless we were to do something crazy stupid like the Steelers uniforms last night.

I love the Raven on the helmet. One of the best logos in the NFL.