Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

As much as it is Cam's fault (I HATE HIM), I still look at Flacco too. He has the ability to audible. He could have went in the huddle and said wow Cam you're not very bright and change the play or you know audible at the line

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    It's classic Cam. If the situation calls for something obvious, he goes with something out of the box. If the situation calls for something out of the box, he calls something simple.
    There's a time and place to throw on 3rd and 2. This wasn't it. Neither was going deep on the previous drive that came down to a 3rd and 2. They've done this a number of times this year. When they really just needed sustained drives, they try this low percentage shit to try and hit a big one.

Blog Entries

Should have ran the end around Cam, that would have got them.

No way Joe has the ability to audiblize to something else in those situational type playcalls

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    As much as it is Cam's fault (I HATE HIM), I still look at Flacco too. He has the ability to audible. He could have went in the huddle and said wow Cam you're not very bright and change the play or you know audible at the line
    Yeah with 3 wide and no FB. He was probably told to run the play and not audible. Leach was on the side line with hands in the air campaigning for a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Actually with Jacoby that might have worked.

Actually, if he threw in an end-around set up by the stretch zone I think we would have had something. But cam tries to set it up based on the inside run. Pitt is too stout in the middle for that, but they'll over pursue to the sidelines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Actually, if he threw in an end-around set up by the stretch zone I think we would have had something. But cam tries to set it up based on the inside run. Pitt is too stout in the middle for that, but they'll over pursue to the sidelines.
    It would have been 100% better than what they did and had a higher percentage of not being a negative play. I still would not prefer it, being a WR running across the formation if a LB is snooping it and lays the boom the chances of a fumble are greater than just flat out stretch run (that was working for 3-4 the few times they ran it)

Re: 3rd and 2

Yeah Joe just take the Sack if it is not there, no big deal. Don't worry about the strip sack, who Woodley and Harrison are very good at especially when it's Joe cool.

Lame, Lame and....... LAME
    Agree. Given Joe's propensity to fumble (which has improved this year), I'm not going to work getting blindsided into my game plan. My jaw actually dropped when I saw us in shotgun. A pass play was bad enough, but when you need six feet to win the game and you decide to make it obvious you're throwing - let's just say he's really lucky it all worked out.

As I have said, the playcall was stupid, but much like the 2-point decision vs Dallas, there are assumptions that make it the correct call. I just happen to disagree (vehemently) with the assumptions required to make dropping back to throw it the correct call.

As an exercise, think about what you call if you are told with certainty that you have a 0% chance of getting a first down if you run it. Do you run it anyway or knee it out, tick the 35 seconds off and punt? Or do you drop back to pass? What if someone tells you that a pass attempt has a 75% of succeeding? Etc, etc. You can convince yourself that it is the "correct" call as long as you stretch the assumptions about each options' possible results.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You did see me "flush" myself, right?

In all seriousness, I don't think anyone can defend that play call. No even Cam. Lets say Big Ben is playing; do you want to give him the ball back with around a minute left? Thats how Cam has to call the game at that point. He cannot give them the ball and that call was wrong on so many levels at that point.
    Using Tapatalk so didn't see the flush.

It's all good.

Re: 3rd and 2

I don't know what game you were all watching, but it is obvious to me Cam is a genius. On a level never before seen genius.

I mean its 3 and 14 early in the game. Do you go for a pass near the first down marker? No way, any idiot could make that call. It takes a true genius to call a pass behind the line of scrimmage when you need 13 yards. Just think. NO ONE IS EXPECTING IT!

The same with calling a shotgun pass play when you need just a few more seconds off the clock to ice the game. NO ONE IS EXPECTING IT. It takes a true offensive GURU to channel plays like this.

And you all aren't giving Cam the credit he deserves for the GAME WINNING punt return for a touchdown that HE CALLED! It was a beautifully designed signature Cameron play. The defense had no chance of stopping it. It was designed by an offensive mastermind.