Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

If we see that, then we know defenses are licking their chops in film rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    :word

Something so simple to change, too. Think they'll change it?
    Maybe, but then you'll have Blind Mike having 3 or 4 false starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Making matters worse is that IF they REALLY wanted to run a pass play, they should have just called a max-protect shot play on 2nd down because the clock was at 2:04... NO MATTER WHAT the clock is going to stop, so why not line up in the I, run play-action, and take a shot? If you hit the play you'll be in a clock stoppage anyway w/the 2 minute warning, if it's incomplete it won't matter anyway!

There were a few good play calls last night, but overall it was a terrible effort by Cam, execution notwithstanding. There's no way anyone can defend him anymore. The difference between home and road offense is very simple: Cam calling the plays on the road is bad, Joe running the no-huddle and adjusting the offense at home is good. That's the explanation.

I'm also seriously beginning to question the entire offensive staff and their ability to run effective practices. Seeing Flacco and his WRs completely out of sync and off rhythm on the sideline passes, seeing Rice consistently miss open holes and leave yards on the field, and seeing the OL running the same snap count routine and getting beat over and over...

The offense just looks uncoached way too often. As a matter of fact so does the defense, but that's another story.
    That's not true. The reason the clock was at 2:04 is because Tomlin burned his last timeout. The ravens ran a play and then the two minute warning came. It was 3rd down at the 2:00 warning when play resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.
    The steelers did have great coverage and I would argue that alot of that was the Ravens tendency to have Joe throw the ball outside of the hashmarks. I couldn't tell what kind of coverage the Steelers had going on but I have to believe the middle of the field was available during the game. But yet again the middle of the field on the road is like the bermuda triangle for this offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...
    Because they were counting. Yes, they were off-sides (barely...I actually thought the off-sides on Harrison was questionable)...but it was because they were trying to time the snap count and jump it.

If you don't believe me, watch during the San Diego game. They'll probably do the same thing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Do some of these guys realize we only scored 6points on offense last night???that aint gonna cut it come late december and January Thank god for special teams and jacoby.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You did see me "flush" myself, right?

In all seriousness, I don't think anyone can defend that play call. No even Cam. Lets say Big Ben is playing; do you want to give him the ball back with around a minute left? Thats how Cam has to call the game at that point. He cannot give them the ball and that call was wrong on so many levels at that point.
    Maybe Cam made that call because Ben wasn't playing. Maybe he calls a different play in that situation if Ben was playing. Maybe, just maybe Cam called that play knowing a banged up Leftwhich had to drive down the field in a minutes time with NO time outs. That said, they should have just ran the damn ball. Get the first, game over, don't, the same situation occurs where time runs off the clock as the sack.

Isn't it amazing how the Ravens have consistently improved the offense talent on this team over the last five years and yet the results (and EXCUSES) for the offense's poor performance have ALWAYS remained the same - if only we had better execution! Better yet - "Bush" did it! I feel sorry for any of you who believe that the overall results this year will be any different from the first four. They may make the playoffs - but there won't be any road wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Do some of these guys realize we only scored 6points on offense last night???that aint gonna cut it come late december and January Thank god for special teams and jacoby.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe Cam made that call because Ben wasn't playing. Maybe he calls a different play in that situation if Ben was playing. Maybe, just maybe Cam called that play knowing a banged up Leftwhich had to drive down the field in a minutes time with NO time outs. That said, they should have just ran the damn ball. Get the first, game over, don't, the same situation occurs where time runs off the clock as the sack.
    you play to win the game, Ben doesn't play defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.
    Id agree with both things. the main thing smith uses is his speed. hes either going deep and blowing by you if youre too close or using that big cushion to stop underneath. They effectively took that away last night, and i wouldnt be surprised to see a lot more of that going forward with how successful it was.

I also see the OL as having difficulties and that probably has a lot to do with 2 inexperienced players being on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.
    I was doing the same and literally yelling at my tv which isnt something i normally do. I have no idea if thats by design or just a bad habit, but Birk clearly gives away the count every single time. The other thing they do is the Yanda Ass pat where he let him know when to spike it. How is Yanda turned around looking at FLacco beneficial to us? Im not sure if thats on Moeller or Cameron but to me it shows ineptitude.
    -JAB

Doesn't someone around here has that tagline and the picture of cam that says,

"3rd and 2. Send everyone deeep!!!!"

:)