Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I refuse to believe that Harbs is an underachiever after having read the OP's original link. You could pick any couple of games from some of the best HC in history and find a mistake here or there. Bottom line is he wins year in and year out. I'm sorry but perennial playoff teams do not have underacheivers as coaches. Statement is moronic. He didn't drop the pass or miss the FG. He helped get us to that point 2x in 4 years, I mean you can't be serious.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens closing in on Division record

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    I refuse to believe that Harbs is an underachiever after having read the OP's original link. You could pick any couple of games from some of the best HC in history and find a mistake here or there. Bottom line is he wins year in and year out. I'm sorry but perennial playoff teams do not have underacheivers as coaches. Statement is moronic. He didn't drop the pass or miss the FG. He helped get us to that point 2x in 4 years, I mean you can't be serious.
    Don't believe, I don't care. I am not trying to convince you, I am stating my position why he has done the least with the most talent. And historically great coaches are judged by Super Bowls. Chuck Knox, a lot of people will go "who?" He won a lot of games back in the day, but only people who follow football closely remember him. Marty Shottenhiemer and the soon to be fired Andy Reid have the underachiever moniker as well, great coaches, but not good enough to get over the hump... So I see the same in Harbaugh, especially with Cam Cameron lingering.

Again, the Patriot game should have never been that close and he should have called a time out to set up the kicker, but he blew it.

But again, when asked why I feel this way, I state my position, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

Many (most) of those "great" coaches did not win their first Super Bowl (championship) until well after their first 4 campaigns.

It is all speculation. Could another coach have won a SB or 2 over the last 4 years? Maybe. But the alternative could also be true, that another man may not have gotten the Ravens to the playoffs as much.

Regarding Billick. He was a very good coach. And he was the perfect man for the job when he got here. But (as he himself admits), he lost his voice with the team towards the end of his tenure. I think a change was needed and I do not think he would have gotten the productivity out of the team in 2008 and beyond that Harbaugh was able to achieve.

Lastly, I am glad that ranking of worst coaches termed their labeling of Marchibroda as "unfair". Notwithstanding the opinion of the Cleveland fans, the team that Ted was asked to coached was one of the worst in the league. Moreover, they were so strapped by the salary cap (they couldn't even afford a taxi squad), that the only way they could really build the team in those first 3 years was via the draft. Ted really didn't have a chance. Again, I think Billick was the right man for the job in 1999, and Ted had to go, but he was not a "bad" coach and the Ravens have really been blessed with not having their own Rich Kotite in their first 17 seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh thats Horseshit... They would still Have CAM's playbook
    Stop living in denial. Flacco is just not as good as the guys I listed, and you can't just blame Cam for it all. Facts are facts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh thats Horseshit... They would still Have CAM's playbook
    Cam had Brees and couldn't get to a Super Bowl. Not too long after Brees gets away from Cam he's the Super Bowl MVP

Wow. I don't think Harbaugh is a bad head coach at all. He is a little too Rah-Rah at times, and a bit tight lipped in his press conferences, but I really can't think of any HC I'd rather have over him. Now if he would just hire a real OC and fire his drunken OL coach....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Now if he would just hire a real OC and fire his drunken OL coach....
    Those are issues that I hope get resolved this offseason. Cam needs to move on. Isn't his contract up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cam had Brees and couldn't get to a Super Bowl. Not too long after Brees gets away from Cam he's the Super Bowl MVP
    I constantly hear this on this board, and it's a fallacious argument. It doesn't mean anything, unless you assume that a) Flacco and Brees have the same skill set, b) Flacco's receivers/OL/TEs/RBs have the same capabilities and limitations that Brees' had in SD, c) the opponents that Brees faced with Cam in SD were basically the same as the opponents Flacco's faced with Cam in Bmore, and going forward, d) that a simple change in OC will somehow unlock the inner Superman in Flacco. Actually, which brings me to e) that there actually is an inner Superman in Flacco waiting to be unlocked.

I don't see a valid basis for any of those assumptions, with the possible exception of e, since Flacco is lights out at M&T. However, I don't see what basis there is for thinking Flacco's road struggles are Cam's fault and Cam's fault only.

I hope Cam goes, just so that I don't have to keep reading every single thread on every single Ravens board turn into a Ravens-OC bashing fest. However, y'all should be careful what you wish for...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

mike--
    I can't say that Cameron is "the" problem or not, but I have a sense that he is "part" of the problem, that being that the offense is not as consistent as I'd like to see it AND that it seems like there are issues with in-game adjustments to opponents' defensive tactics.

Plus, I think your comparison points are well-taken, but I don't think GOTA's implication is as fallacious as you feel it is, since there are never any sets of circumstances as precise as you mention when comparing two (or more) QBs. I don't think Cameron's presence and influence with the success of Brees, or Flacco, is as easy as an "if-then", but it's very likely that it's a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

I hope Cam goes, just so that I don't have to keep reading every single thread on every single Ravens board turn into a Ravens-OC bashing fest. However, y'all should be careful what you wish for...
    It can't get any worse. Cameron's offenses are on par with Matt Cavanaugh's. With the level of talent the Ravens have on O that is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    It can't get any worse. Cameron's offenses are on par with Matt Cavanaugh's. With the level of talent the Ravens have on O that is just ridiculous.
    It can't get worse? Really? So you'd willingly trade the Browns their offense of the last four years for ours?

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    It can't get worse? Really? So you'd willingly trade the Browns their offense of the last four years for ours?
    The Browns have bad players. I didn't say I'd trade Ozzie to them. But I'd gladly send Cam packing. I'm sure the Browns OC is a lot better. He gets something out of nothing every week, instead of what we get, nothing out of something pretty good.