Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

There is no way this is a blowout. It'll be a closely contested game that could go either way. Ben being out gives us a shot, if he was there we'd have little chance to win up there.

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hopefully it'll rain and the stadium will be half-empty like it was against the Chiefs. Did anyone else notice that?
    I hope no rain.
    The name of the game for the Ravens is speed.
    We have it at all of the skill positions. We will need that.
    Right now, the Steelers are built for smashmouth, outside of Wallace.

We need favorable weather conditions for Rice to hit the holes and go flying into the secondary free.
    Torrey, Jacoby, and Q running loose...that is what we need.
    So it is about our line giving Joe enough time and Rice the holes to run through.
    If the Oline can do that, the Steelers can't keep up in a shootout without Ben.

This game may very well define our season.
    IF the Ravens can't win given the circumstances, the season will take a bad turn.
    IF the Ravens win like they should given the circumstances, it gives them a real chance to win the next 3 games which sows up the division title against the Redskins. 11-2 and owning all the tie breakers at that point.
    ONLY, then can we start talking about a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    There is no way this is a blowout. It'll be a closely contested game that could go either way. Ben being out gives us a shot, if he was there we'd have little chance to win up there.
    I don't believe we'd have little chance to win with Ben playing. We didn't think we had a chance to win there last year and you see what happened. The Steelers are not without their issues either just like us. Did you catch how they played AT HOME against the Chiefs? They were damn lucky to pull out that win and really should not have won that. THE CHIEFS....worst team in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Weather forecast for Pittsburgh on Sunday, November 18, courtesy of weather.com:

Sunny, high 50, low 35, wind from the east at 5 mph, prob of precip 0%.

Sorry.

FWIW I hope it doesn't come down to FGs. I love Tucker to death (in a manly man's way o'course) but Condiment Colosseum is a bitch of a field for kickers--& he's never kicked there before.
    I was merely making a joke about how they're stadium was empty.

But, how is it going to be sunny when it's an 8:30PM kickoff ;)

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I agree. With our defense, even Leftwich will probably look good. If our offense continues to look like shit on the road, then we'll lose.

There are too many reasons for both teams to be an unknown. I expect a standard Ravens/Steelers game, just because it more often than not seems to work out that way. Pittsburgh is beat up, can run the ball, have fast receivers, a good secondary and are at home. The Ravens are beat up, give up a lot of yards on the ground, have good runners, fast receivers and good Special Teams. The Steelers' DC and the Ravens' OC are the same over the past four years and the regular season record since 2008 is even.

I do not see a blow-out only because it rarely happens. Since 2008, including Playoffs, of the 10 games one was decided by 28, one by 9 and one by 7. One was by 4 and six by 3. If you throw out the Playoffs, all but one were either 3 or 4 points difference.

I hope you are right, but I see a long night and a tired Monday. I just hope it is worth the little sleep I am sure to get.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

I see it going to the last possession as typical. would love for Ex to prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    There are too many reasons for both teams to be an unknown. I expect a standard Ravens/Steelers game, just because it more often than not seems to work out that way. Pittsburgh is beat up, can run the ball, have fast receivers, a good secondary and are at home. The Ravens are beat up, give up a lot of yards on the ground, have good runners, fast receivers and good Special Teams. The Steelers' DC and the Ravens' OC are the same over the past four years and the regular season record since 2008 is even.

I do not see a blow-out only because it rarely happens. Since 2008, including Playoffs, of the 10 games one was decided by 28, one by 9 and one by 7. One was by 4 and six by 3. If you throw out the Playoffs, all but one were either 3 or 4 points difference.

I hope you are right, but I see a long night and a tired Monday. I just hope it is worth the little sleep I am sure to get.
    Agree. This offense has put up 23 points vs the Iggles, 9 against the Chiefs, 13 against the Texans and 25 against the Browns on the road so far this year. Of those, only the Texans D is better than the Steelers. If the Ravens hit 20 points, I'll be impressed, and I think the only way that happens is if the Steelers offense is less than competent.

Hopefully whatever they put up will be enough to win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Remember, this is the #1 D in the NFL you are talking about; the Steelers have a solid run game; and 'road warriors' the Ravens are NOT!
    We have been in Pittsburgh the last couple of years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Agree. This offense has put up 23 points vs the Iggles, 9 against the Chiefs, 13 against the Texans and 25 against the Browns on the road so far this year. Of those, only the Texans D is better than the Steelers. If the Ravens hit 20 points, I'll be impressed, and I think the only way that happens is if the Steelers offense is less than competent.

Hopefully whatever they put up will be enough to win.
    The texans defense is substantially better than the steelers D. By far. And the browns are just about equal.

And let's face it, we scored 7 more against the eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    The texans defense is substantially better than the steelers D. By far. And the browns are just about equal.

And let's face it, we scored 7 more against the eagles.
    In principle, I agree. However, the OP was talking about a blowout. My point is that, while I would certainly love to see such a thing, the Ravens' road performances thus far would not indicate a large probability of scoring more than 20 or so points.

I hope they bring some of what they had at M&T last Sunday, but I'm in full believe-it-when-I-see-it mode.

12. Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I think Flacco has a real good grip on their defense. It could end up in a blowout if we come out swinging early. If Ray gets established on the ground and Joe connects deep, it could be a long night for their defense.