Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

More quality veteran depth at a position where we've had some injuries.
    What's not to like about this move?

Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

People are really worried about Jimmy Smith missing time?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    People are really worried about Jimmy Smith missing time?
    You're always worried about a first round draft pick with that much potential not getting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sports hernia really isn't that serious, it can just be really painful to work through, it's by no means season ending though.
    Not necessarily true. If it's an inguinal and it pops out while playing, which is likely during contact it can twist, which would require immediate surgery because his intestine would be knotted.

I had one in my sophmore year and it twisted, not fun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sports hernia really isn't that serious, it can just be really painful to work through, it's by no means season ending though. The question is whether or not Jimmy Smith can be effective out there with the hernia, Torrey Smith was last year, but Jimmy appears to have a more painful hernia. Worse case scenario, they probably sit him for 2 or 3 weeks.
    For a DB that is cutting and accelerating constantly to keep up with receivers, I'd say it's pretty serious.

I Like this signing.

He's big, fast (jury's still out), can play ST, and has pretty decent expereince at CB.

Sounds like his problems in oakland started as physical and morphed to family-related. Hopefully the physical problems are behind him and he's found some peace with his loss:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...son/index.html

Blog Entries

He was always a decent CB for Oakland. Think about what Cary Williams was for the Ravens last year, but on a slightly lower level. His ball skills are 'okay'. He's not really going to get beat badly. He'll be in the play and he tackles well. At his age, given the circumstances, he could find a nice home here in Baltimore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

A better tackling Fabian Washington...

Wink Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    A better tackling Fabian Washington...
    Can we add this name to the Walker list? Names we can't mention on this forum?
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Not necessarily true. If it's an inguinal and it pops out while playing, which is likely during contact it can twist, which would require immediate surgery because his intestine would be knotted.

I had one in my sophmore year and it twisted, not fun

rrr - you're confusing sport hernia with inguinal hernia. Sports hernia is a different entity. In fact it is a misnomer, with no true anatomic herniation. It is a spectrum of tendon / muscle abnormalities including the adductors muscles of the thighs and the rectus abdominus muscle at their attachments onto the pubic bones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Can we add this name to the Walker list? Names we can't mention on this forum?
    Fabe was no were near as bad as Walker PI bro.
    After his injury, yes he was done. He played ok prior to that, but like Cary Williams had hands of stone, but even when he was square he couldn't catch I'll give Cary that atleast, even though he gets toasted on a reg.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Fabe was no were near as bad as Walker PI bro.
    After his injury, yes he was done. He played ok prior to that, but like Cary Williams had hands of stone, but even when he was square he couldn't catch I'll give Cary that atleast, even though he gets toasted on a reg.
    Yeah Fabian played at a pro bowl level under Rex in 2008. If he could catch he would have easily led the league in interceptions. He had to have dropped atleast 10.