Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Well he played for the Raiders, so he has to be fast. Or at least he was fast at one point. lol
    you hit that right on the head

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/a.z...id=732171&pg=3

Packers coach Mike Sherman made speed a priority in the 2003 draft, and that's something Johnson doesn't lack. Could be valuable on coverage teams. Supposedly runs 4.18 in the 40, which made him the fastest player in the entire draft. ... Taken by Packers in seventh round (245th overall).
    2003 draft 2 yrs in GB (zilch-injured) one in StL and 5 in Oak
    cut because of $$$$

CURRENT MADDEN ATTRIBUTES
    Strength: 58
    Agility: 91
    Speed: 93
    Acceleration: 92
    Awareness: 74
    Catching: 65
    Carrying: 77
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

cut because of $$$$

Good. I like this move for depth. Cant hurt to have a vet corner with exp. We have some young guys too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

cut because of $$$$

Yea, but hat is his overall in Madden? ;)

In all seriousness, this kind of bums me out because it means Jimmy is hurt and will probably be out for a while. Part of me would like to see Asa Jackson get some PT.

That said, I like the move of signing a depth corner. He's not terrible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I'm sure someone will throw big money at him.
    He'll be playing eight yards off, so someone else will catch the money.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    jimmy must be really hurt.
    He really stinks. I know that much for sure.
    I think he's out because he is clearly a liability and needs a lot more time on the PS.
    CJ was pretty good, don't know if he still wants to play though after all the tragedy he's gone through. Or what kind of condition he is in after sitting home all season.

Blog Entries

Good depth, and I'm also in the camp of hoping Asa Jackson gets some playing time. Unsure who blew the coverage on the TD(No not the one that Reed can trucked on) but the seam route. Anyways if Jimmy can't go that gonna be troublesome down the stretch with the QB's were gonna be facing.

Blog Entries

Wicked id assume asa plays over this guy. Hes simply depth in case we lose somebody else between now and jimmys return. Im not too worried about the secondary. Were deep there for a reason and this is it.
    -JAB

I noticed that they put Bobby Rainey on IR. Hmm. Hate to be suspicious, but I can easily imagine this being news to Bobby that he had a hurt knee. Didn't he get elevated from the practice squad when other teams lost running backs to injury and started sniffing around the Ravens practice squad? I can imagine they know that Bobby is wasting a roster spot but they also know if they tried to cut him and put him back ont the PS he'd be gone. He was an obvious deletion to make room for Johnson, once they knew they could protect their future interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I noticed that they put Bobby Rainey on IR. Hmm. Hate to be suspicious, but I can easily imagine this being news to Bobby that he had a hurt knee. Didn't he get elevated from the practice squad when other teams lost running backs to injury and started sniffing around the Ravens practice squad? I can imagine they know that Bobby is wasting a roster spot but they also know if they tried to cut him and put him back ont the PS he'd be gone. He was an obvious deletion to make room for Johnson, once they knew they could protect their future interest in him.
    They also resigned Dennis Dixon to the P-Squad...makes me think the Steelers were sniffing around for his services.

10. Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

I think the move definitely indicates that Jimmy's going to be out for awhile. Especially, if it is a sport hernia, he could be done for the year. I remember Johnson being a speedy, physical CB for Oakland and was a pretty nice compliment to Nnamdi. I'm interested to see what his role is. I'd definitely like to see what Asa Jackson has too.

I dont think Jimmy is out a while and i dont think this move has much to do with him. When webb went down we never got another CB to replace him for depth purposes, whereas when Ray went down we got another LB. We have been dressing 5 CBs most before webb went down and now we dress 4 per game games and Asa is clearly not ready to go yet, he needs a year to watch in my view. so we needed that 5th CB to dress incase there is an injury during the game.

BTW- Jimmys injury is a groin that is tight not a sports hernia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I think the move definitely indicates that Jimmy's going to be out for awhile. Especially, if it is a sport hernia, he could be done for the year. I remember Johnson being a speedy, physical CB for Oakland and was a pretty nice compliment to Nnamdi. I'm interested to see what his role is. I'd definitely like to see what Asa Jackson has too.
    Sports hernia really isn't that serious, it can just be really painful to work through, it's by no means season ending though. The question is whether or not Jimmy Smith can be effective out there with the hernia, Torrey Smith was last year, but Jimmy appears to have a more painful hernia. Worse case scenario, they probably sit him for 2 or 3 weeks.