Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Big Ben

La Canfora (don't have link) just tweeted (parapharsed) 'from what I'm hearing from Steelers teammates could be seeing big Ben out a few weeks"

Well, let's hope 3 weeks at least! He is one tough dude though. I hate to be the shaddy guy that praises someones injury....but I hate the Steelers

Re: Big Ben

There's a difference between 'praising' a guy's injury and taking advantage of one. Whilst I never like to see anyone injured (even Big Ben, although James Harrison pushes that theory from time to time based on how he looks to injure others...), I am well aware that our chances of beating the Steelers improve massively when he's not playing.

I don't buy this 'the win won't count as much if he's not playing' schtick either. Who cares- a win is a win and a step closer to the Division title.

Will also be interesting to see if there's any lingering effects from Ryan Clark's concussion- the recent Steelers @ Denver games show how his absence affects their defence, especially if Polamalu is also missing...

Yeah right, I'm not buying this bullshit one minute. You can bet your ass he'll be out there and ripping our pass defense to shreds next week.

Blog Entries

It really depends on what grade the sprain is, grade 1 or 2 usually mean a few weeks of recovery, if it's grade 3, he could be done for the year.

I think it's probably a grade 1 or 2, in which case he should be back for our game at home at the earliest.

Blog Entries

Injuries with Ben are always reported much worse than they actually are. If he can walk he's going to play and if he can play he's going to make some plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Injuries with Ben are always reported much worse than they actually are. If he can walk he's going to play and if he can play he's going to make some plays.
    Wife due soon so ben may take some time off. Hate to see anyone hurt, just have to wait and see what he is dealing with. More importantly, that was an ugly game last night against Kc, without key penalties, kc wins. Don banks said that the steelers would win big time, just another talking head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Yeah right, I'm not buying this bullshit one minute. You can bet your ass he'll be out there and ripping our pass defense to shreds next week.
    :grbac: Cue Pig Ben's 672nd "miraculous recovery." I too expect the sonofabitch dramaqueen to be on the field firing away Sunday night.

Even if Sizzle ripped that fucking arm off & then beat him to death with it, the goddamned Rooneys probably have a Dr Frankenstein on call to reanimate him in the locker room. I can see the headlines now: ZOMBIEBERGER LEADS STEELERS ON LATE COMEBACK (THAT FALLS JUST SHORT one hopes)...

I was not impressed at all with the Steelers watching them play last night. KC had some bad calls, reversed TD due to questionable penalty, missed field goal and still was able to send it into overtime. It was a shame Cassel decided it was a good time to throw an interception. If not for that, I believe KC would have won. Steelers fans thought they were going to see a blowout and given KC's record, they should have won handily at home but I don't think they're as good as they think they are. Looking forward to our matchup Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    :grbac: Cue Pig Ben's 672nd "miraculous recovery." I too expect the sonofabitch dramaqueen to be on the field firing away Sunday night.

Even if Sizzle ripped that fucking arm off & then beat him to death with it, the goddamned Rooneys probably have a Dr Frankenstein on call to reanimate him in the locker room. I can see the headlines now: ZOMBIEBERGER LEADS STEELERS ON LATE COMEBACK (THAT FALLS JUST SHORT one hopes)...

Blog Entries

If it really is a sprained shoulder, he will be out for at least a few weeks, there is no getting away from that. Its not as if jen hasnt sat out games in the past.

My first reaction was "Oh there he goes again acting as if he he is rising from the dead", but even he would not have sat out the rest of the game and gone to the hospital to hype the injury. Time to wait for the MRI to see where it stands for Sunday.

So do they sign Dixon if Ben is unable to come back for a while so he can be the emergency QB (and to provide new intel)?
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Hell be out there with a bright colored sleeve or different set of shoulder pads or something ridiculous to draw attention to his injury and how "tough" he is. Until he doesnt play ill just assume hes milking the publicity. Hes an ass and quite frankly they looked like shit when he was playing, so who cares if he does play. The Steelers are very beatable regardless.
    -JAB