Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How anyone can call Reed out for missing a tackle after all he's done for this team is beyond me, and somewhat sickens me. This is the NFL, of course you are going to miss tackles when your 35 years old and have had long term injury issues with your shoulder, but where will some of you be when Reed nabs his next important interception, which could even be next week to potentially seal a win against the Steelers just as an example? Show some respect.
    Thank you. Funny how no one was calling out Reed last week. Timely interceptions get only silence but 1 missed tackle and he should retire.

You win some and you lose some with Ed (You win more than you lose). I hated watching that play yesterday where he launched himself at the WR instead of simply grabbing him and holding on until support came. But, we loved it when Ed knocked the shit out of Moreno coming out of Denver's backfield a couple years ago, causing the fumble and contributing to a big upset against a 6-0 team.

He will be gone quicker than we'd like... And then we will miss him.

4. Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    PB-74--
    You asked, "Since Ed has a bad shoulder/neck, why is he going in shoulder/neck first?
    Why not go in chest high, like Ray often does on tackles?" Very fair questions.

I can't say I know the answers, but FWIW--

Assuming Reed does indeed have a torn labrum, it can explain why he's playing the way he is. I've posted in this thread and before in others that his technique (defending, tackling, etc.) appears odd to me for much of the season. As an example, see RQB's first video link of the hit in the NE game. Reed makes a weird looking hit (at least from my perspective), but levels the guy. That doesn't look like "normal" tackling technique, and contrary to urban legend is not the way Reed has usually made tackles over the years.

This leads to your questions about why Reed doesn't go in chest high. No expert here, but if I were to guess, it could be that, despite a torn labrum, there may be a "sweet spot" (or angle, or approach, or whatever) for Reed's shoulder that DOESN'T create pain or issues when he goes in to hit/tackle a guy, thus creating an unusual way for him to play.

Not basing this on anything terribly concrete, more just a gut feeling.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Your theory is definitely a sound one. And it makes more sense than any other explanation.
    Unfortunately this time Ed's awkward tackling technique backfired on him.
    It doesn't look like we can count on him remaining healthy through the playoffs.
    And I don't see a safety tandem of Pollard and Ihedigbo striking a lot of fear into other team's passing games. Ihedigbo's more of a strong safety anyway with his 4.67 speed. But I don't see Harbaugh going with Thompson, even though he's faster, because he's still an inexperienced rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Even with some of the things Ed does that make you go "WTF", there is no other FS in the league I would rather have back there.
    ^^This. Ed Reed's experience on the field still makes him an asset for us. Would you rather he be on the other side of the field for another team? Tackling aside, how many INTs has Ed gotten for us? The man is a true ball hawk. Just ask any other team who they worry about the most when playing the Ravens and I bet most of them will say Ed Reed. They'll tell you it's important to know where Reed is at all times because he will burn you. We all know Ed can be quirky but I'll take those quirks all day to have his skill and experience on this team. He plays through pain and he plays with heart and I for one can appreciate that.

Blog Entries

Some of these people with their "high standards." I'd love to take a tour of their house/apartment some time, and take a look at their employer's personnel file on them. I'm guessing we won't find too many captains of industry.

I doubt that any of the Reed bashers are anywhere near as good at their jobs as they expect football players to be at theirs.

FFS, we just won 55-20. It was an awesome game, and I loved it! I can't wait to watch it again later. Where the hell is all the positivity? What more do people want? We just scored a team record for points, and are 7-2. Seriously?!?! Some of ya'll have your Madden team confused with real life. You can't put the settings to "Easy" in real life and win every game 185-0. Sorry dumbasses. Learn to deal with reality, not with what's bouncing around inside your sorry-ass excuses for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    ^^This. Ed Reed's experience on the field still makes him an asset for us. Would you rather he be on the other side of the field for another team? Tackling aside, how many INTs has Ed gotten for us? The man is a true ball hawk. Just ask any other team who they worry about the most when playing the Ravens and I bet most of them will say Ed Reed. They'll tell you it's important to know where Reed is at all times because he will burn you. We all know Ed can be quirky but I'll take those quirks all day to have his skill and experience on this team. He plays through pain and he plays with heart and I for one can appreciate that.
    Me too. especially considering he keeps sticking it out year after year for the chance to get a ring or at least play in a Super Bowl , its a real shame that didn't happen last year and I think if it did he would have retired. This guy is leaving the rest of his life out on the field for his love of the game and trying to reach the apex of the sport..... he is going to be damn near cripled when he gets older

I don't think Ed is being a drama queen, and I respect the man, but if he can't tackle then he needs to take time off until he can be an asset again. I hate to say it, but he was a very big liability in the Raiders game.

If he can't tackle then Heath Miller is going to abuse him over the middle.

He needs to heal up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Some of these people with their "high standards." I'd love to take a tour of their house/apartment some time, and take a look at their employer's personnel file on them. I'm guessing we won't find too many captains of industry.

I doubt that any of the Reed bashers are anywhere near as good at their jobs as they expect football players to be at theirs.

FFS, we just won 55-20. It was an awesome game, and I loved it! I can't wait to watch it again later. Where the hell is all the positivity? What more do people want? We just scored a team record for points, and are 7-2. Seriously?!?! Some of ya'll have your Madden team confused with real life. You can't put the settings to "Easy" in real life and win every game 185-0. Sorry dumbasses. Learn to deal with reality, not with what's bouncing around inside your sorry-ass excuses for brains.
    I really don't get what people expect around here, this is the god damn NFL, and this team is missing some of it's key components yet they are still winning, infact we are 7 and fucking 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't think Ed is being a drama queen, and I respect the man, but if he can't tackle then he needs to take time off until he can be an asset again. I hate to say it, but he was a very big liability in the Raiders game.If he can't tackle then Heath Miller is going to abuse him over the middle.

He needs to heal up.
    Did you happen to notice what the final score was?? If that's a liability, let's do it again.

Ed Reed is a liability to the team when on the field. The coaches need to have the balls to put him on the bench and replace him with someone who can play withinn the system. Reed's inability to tackle cost the Ravens yesterday - when he failed to make the tackle in the open and the Raider bounced right off to him and waltzed into the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Ed Reed is playing hurt that much is obvious. Here is an idea, how about showing some respect for a guy who plays rather than sit out with an injury many others would sit out with. Ed recognizes that the loss of Webby means young inexperienced guys like Brown and Smith are seeing much more playing time, he recognizes the impact of the loss of Ray's knowledge and leadership and he has manned up, put on his pads and as you put it "LIMPED and WHINED" out on that field. He does this simply because the man is a warrior, he is leader, and he knows that if there were anyway possible at all Ray and Webby would play hobbled also. If you wanna debate if the injury is effecting his level of play enough that he should sit, that IMO is a valid discussion. There is a way to approach that without being a genuine jackass. The post you put up above is a clear demonstration of how not to do that.

I can think of very few people who have ever worn that uniform that have had the heart, the determination and pride in it than Ed Reed has shown us in his career. He deserves better than what you posted.

12. Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

We need Ed.
    We don't have another free safety--Webb was supposed to be Ed's replacement in the event Ed couldn't play. But Webb's done for the season.
    Ihedigbo, Considine and Omar Brown are all strong safeties. And Thompson's a rookie with little NFL experience. In fact, none of those 4 have much experience at safety.
    If Ed goes down, we've got a real problem...maybe we'll go with Chykie at free safety, who knows.