Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

This D is better with Ed out there simply because QB's don't like to throw in his direction. He essentially limits the areas of a field where a QB can throw it and that alone is something that a lot of folks just don't think about.

I don't like seeing Ed - or anyone - miss tackles because that is what they are paid to do. I can understand missing a tackle here and there on guys like Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, or Brandon Marshall, but the number of missed tackles this year isn't just on Ed Reed. It's on the entire D. That's called coaching fellas.

Whoever said above that if a guy can't tackle on D because of injuries, then the coaching staff should be considering sitting him out a game or two. Today would have been a good game to get Christian Thompson some legitimate game time experience.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I love Ed but I agree. I think next year we should part wats with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I love Ed but I agree. I think next year we should part wats with him.
    Depends on what he wants (money).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Lol another one who needs to wait till they sober up to post.

He made ONE bad tackle today by going high. Oh NM that torn Tabrum and the tackles he's made with it. I'm sure you could do much better. Rolleyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lol another one who needs to wait till they sober up to post.
    I don't drink.
    Another personal attack.

Sure is hard to have an opinion in this board.

Mod's you are free to delete this post. PLEASE

Low low post OP.

Most players would have retired years ago with the injuries Reed has dealt with. It sucks when your use to an all-world player, but at this point you have to take the bad with the good. It's been said many times, but 50% Ed Reed is better than 100% of what most starting FS's in the league bring.

Edit: P. S. Grow a pair
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 11-11-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Few current NFL players have sacrificed their body to the extent Ed has. He's been dealing with serious neck and nerve issues for more than five years and the labrum tear is an oddball injury. I've been through it and it's an injury you don't notice 99% of the time but when you stress it the wrong way it is pretty debilitating and extremely painful, which is exactly what looked like Ed had happen on the DHB touchdown. Everyone responds to physical pain differently and I find it difficult to criticize someone who has played through more pain than I have felt in my life. There is no doubt in my mind that he was a huge part of our defense's awesome performance in Foxboro last January and I will be very sad to see the Ravens defense lining up without #20 at free safety.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

he injured himself on that play and we all know he was already hobbled. I know he's at the end of his career but there will never be another playmaker like Ed Reed

Wow! Did you see the score? We won! Why are we complaining about the BEST safety to ever play NFL football? He's banged up. Sorry, but Ed is all heart. He is a RAVEN and I'm glad still out there. I can't wait to see him against big Jen next week. Game on!
    Boh

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfejr View Post
    I don't drink.
    Another personal attack.

Sure is hard to have an opinion in this board.

Mod's you are free to delete this post. PLEASE
    We will when a violation occurs.

Having an opinion and posting them on this forum does not mean people can't respond in kind.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Rolfe--
    First, know that I could not see the game today, so I can only go by written reports of what went on.

That being siad, I completely understand a rant, especially when one of our guys makes a mistake. What I think some are saying is, how can you throw Reed under the bus? It's not like the guy isn't giving 100% of what he's got left. It's not like he's a team "cancer". It's not like there are guys sitting on the bench who are likely more talented and capable of providing more value at this point, given experience, talent, leadership, etc.

Further, rant notwithstanding, you seem to be guilty of the same accusations you make of other posters, in terms of personal attacks. Reed a bigger drama queen than Roethlisberger? PLEASE! Get a grip.

Hit like your gramma? Didn't Reed lay some lumber on a ball carrier a week or so ago, flying out of the secondary to knock the living piss out of someone (don't recall which runner/game) with his shoulder?

I'll listen to legitimate criticism, but your original post isn't.

I am as annoyed as anyone at Ed's inability to tackle (and make no mistake, it's all a result of his nerve impingement), but you have to weigh the good with the bad...and the good still outweighs the bad.

So we basically have a Deion Sanders playing safety...he can still take a lot away in the passing game by just having QB's avoid him.

He is approaching the end very fast though...you can see that sometimes Ed's body isn't able to jump the routes his mind takes him to.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.