Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I know we just won 55-20, but our defence scares me lol.

Batted down passes is a huge plus.. Tyson, Upshaw and Suggs. Kruger made himself useful - and with no Ngata we put down three sacks. Giving up yards are one thing, but I was happy for some of the things I saw today on D.

Hope the OP can sleep some this week, need sleep to be healthy. I'm sure the rest of us will probably get some decent sleep. A lot of teams today gave up plenty of points and yardage from their defense, it's typical of the NFL teams this year. Ravens 7-2 and getting a little better every week after the houston blowout. It's going to be a long season.

There is good reason to be concerned about the defense, they suck, check the numbers. Funny though for years we had a great defense and horrible offense. I didn't hear people saying having a poor offense was no big deal because we won with defense. People gnashed their teeth every year at the poor QB play and offense in general. I don't know why the D gets a free pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    Batted down passes is a huge plus.. Tyson, Upshaw and Suggs. Kruger made himself useful - and with no Ngata we put down three sacks. Giving up yards are one thing, but I was happy for some of the things I saw today on D.
    That's a cool ass name.

Flawless victory- Mortal combat.

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    There is good reason to be concerned about the defense, they suck, check the numbers. Funny though for years we had a great defense and horrible offense. I didn't hear people saying having a poor offense was no big deal because we won with defense. People gnashed their teeth every year at the poor QB play and offense in general. I don't know why the D gets a free pass.
    Because the offense always was below par. The defense for the first time in a decade is having an off year yards wise. They are still 15th in scoring defense and 8th in INT's. In addition the offense by many accounts was supposed to be counted on for a lot more this year.

The D is a real concern but after being great for so long they were due for an off year.

Blog Entries

I'm not worried about the defence. But the defense is a cause for concern.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I'm not worried about the defence. But the defense is a cause for concern.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

They need to play Upshaw more on passing plays. He does not have speed but he collapses the pocket very well. Palmer had to step up serveral times today as Upshaw was pushing his guy back towards him. If Ngata were playing he may have been able to clean up on those. Suggs is not that effective. Hopefully he can play his way into shape and become more of a force on passing downs. I hope they limit his snaps to keep him fresh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    I think the D is definitely something to be concerned with, but they showed a lot more today than they have all year long.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Our problems on defense are well documented. I'm not sure what posters on here are expecting. I for one think they've played pretty solid the last two weeks. We know the offense is going to have to step up in lieu of our porous defense. I've got no complaints. Let's hope we take this momentum on offense to Pittsburgh next week. Offense is going to make or break us. I think our defense will be up to the task though just based on familarity with Pittsburgh.

Never underestimate the psychology of garbage time. I don't think we make those same mistakes on those two bombs if the game is closer.

Blog Entries

I was impressed with the batted balls. If they are going to bend but not break, that is the way to do it.