Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Libbies target Applebees, Papa Johns for hiring freeze and cutting hours

THOU SHALL NOT SPEEK ILL OF O BUMMER CARE.

The left's attack on capitalism continues as libbies call for boycott
    of Applebees and Papa Johns for announcing possible hiring freeze
    and cutting hours because of high costs of O BUMMER CARE.

They're forced to cover anyone working over 30 hours so they're cutting
    hours below that and might cut back on hiring.

Do these libbies really think there are no rising costs to O BUMMER
    CARE?

Libs on twitter are sayng they're just sore because their guy lost.
    Just like the ones here, they just don't get it.

BTW, their last attack on capitalism back fired when they boycotted Chic-Fil-A's.
    Everyone of their restaurants in the country sold out of food. There's still enough
    conservatives left. Only prob is they don't vote when GOP runs liberals like
    McCain and Romney but they come thru when one of their own is in trouble.

They will with Papa Johns and Applebees too.

The libbies attack on capitalism continue.

Elsewhere with nothing to do, OBY is keeping his campaign promise already by going back on the links. Now that is what I call moving FOREWARD! Get it - FOORRREEEE = FORWARD!

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/09/appleb...-to-obamacare/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-11-2012 at 02:42 AM.

A boycott is not an attack on capitalism. It is an exercise of the free market. If enough people disagree with a company's ideals and practices, that company will suffer. Should people be REQUIRED to spend money at Papa John's? Surely that would be a true attack on capitalism.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    A boycott is not an attack on capitalism. It is an exercise of the free market. If enough people disagree with a company's ideals and practices, that company will suffer. Should people be REQUIRED to spend money at Papa John's? Surely that would be a true attack on capitalism.
    Agreed.

Do boycotts ever work anyway? I'm sure there are some examples of them working but I'm having trouble coming up with a recent one that was successful.

Re: Libbies target Applebees, Papa Johns for hiring freeze and cutting hours

In terms of political speech, no boycotts tend not to be very successful these days. The country is divided in such a binary fashion that for every consumer angered by a Chick-Fil-A or Papa John's, there's at least one who is now driven to patronize them out of support.

That said, I didn't stop eating at Chick-Fil-A to get them to go out of business, I stopped eating there because I felt it was more valuable to me to keep MY money from supporting causes I disagree with than to eat a chicken sandwich that I can get almost anywhere else.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I'll show some class and say GOOD post Spam. Most liberals didn't show up like you which is why it failed.

Actually, I don't eat there either because I don't like chicken sandwiches. I took my mom during the boycott and had a long
    wait but I just got a soda. I'll make sanwiches out of everything else including steak but not chicken. I love finger lickin good KFC and they're always getting attacked by PETA which is a liberal whacko group.

But I still say it's attack when they try to stop businesses from operating and making profits. Mcdonalds had to close down here when they protested when that girl was beaten and they demonstrated in their parking lot and cars couldn't go on.

Here, they're trying to stop 2 businesses from making profits for
    political reasons - OBUMMER CARE. That's an attack. Everyone has free speech but we're losing that too in the church but when you
    boycott to stop them from making profits, that's an attack.

That's just my humble freaking opinion but great posts eveyrone.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    That said, I didn't stop eating at Chick-Fil-A to get them to go out of business, I stopped eating there because I felt it was more valuable to me to keep MY money from supporting causes I disagree with than to eat a chicken sandwich that I can get almost anywhere else.
    I am just the opposite. I never really cared the political positions of businesses, entertainers, etc, enough to stop giving them my money. I let their product dictate that.

I don't agree with Mr. Cathy's personal opinions on gay marriage, but I support his right to say them. I am also a huge U2 fan, having spent thousands on their albums and seeing them in concert. I even flew to Ireland in 2009 to see then on their home turf. As I type this, I cannot think of one political position I share with them yet I recognize the talent, enjoy the product they make and spend my money accordingly.

I have a friend who will not buy any Apple products because Al Gore sits on their Board of Directors. That's just silly to me. To miss out on a fine product because of something like politics is nonsense, IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have a friend who will not buy any Apple products because Al Gore sits on their Board of Directors. That's just silly to me. To miss out on a fine product because of something like politics is nonsense, IMO.
    Fine product? Thats certainly up for debate. ;)

Blog Entries

My Mac broke within a year and I paid over a grand for it.

I now have a DELL I got at WallMarts for $400 two years ago.
    It was the fastest one out at the time with an intel chip and is still super fast. I do need to clean it up some back files.

Ah Rosa Parks. She refused to sit in the back of the bus and
    changed history forever. I bet most of Dade's generation in
    the hood don't even know who she is.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

Do boycotts ever work anyway? I'm sure there are some examples of them working but I'm having trouble coming up with a recent one that was successful.
    The only one I know of that worked is the bus boycott during the civil rights movement.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

It's all about cost benefit. To me the cost of skipping mediocre fast food was far less than the benefit of not giving my money to someone who would use it to fund something I don't support. I don't like the stance BP took to the massive oil spill but when the gas at the BP station near me is regularly 5 to 7 cents cheaper per gallon than the other stations nearby, the benefit of denying them my money is outweighed by the cost of buying gas from their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The only one I know of that worked is the bus boycott during the civil rights movement.
    No doubt. But I was looking for a recent example. Still can't think of one.

"Dade's generation in the hood" doesn't know who Rosa Fucking Parks is?

Really?

Why not just come right out and say you think young black people are stupid? Classless buddy. Really classless.