Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Rent a Kimber if you can.

By far, the best of the 1911 manufacturers.

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rent a Kimber if you can.

By far, the best of the 1911 manufacturers.
    will certainly try to. They have a good selection at Continental, but not sure they go that far. I know jsut from a cursory look that they had at least a few different 1911's plus the full size Glock 45. A friend of mine has a Wilson Combat 1911 composite that I can shoot if we ever make it to the range at the same time, but despite it's $3k pricetag, he is not a far and would not recommend it as he has already had misfeed/jamming issues in it's first 500 shots fired. Kinda sad that such an old and proven design functions so poorly from a high-end manufacturer.

Get your 1911 mags from Wilson, not their firearms.

Had my Kimber for 4 years now and not one problem.

Blog Entries

Here's a question. Does anybody know anywhere to get ammo currently? Nobody has ANY, a bit ridiculous....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here's a question. Does anybody know anywhere to get ammo currently? Nobody has ANY, a bit ridiculous....
    Gun shows are getting the priority right now.

I placed an order with Brownells last month on .45 and 9mm. Might want to try there too.

Blog Entries

Gun shows are getting the priority right now.

I placed an order with Brownells last month on .45 and 9mm. Might want to try there too.
    Nope. They're out too. Did I unknowingly by the most popular caliber handgun in the world or something? Pretty sure 9mm was, but I guess .40 is right up there.

Starting to see ammo on the shelves again. A local range posted they're flush with 9mm and .45.

They're still limiting it to 5 boxes per customer but its a good start.

Blog Entries

Hope it happens around here soon. I've got a gun int the safe that I can't find ammo for, anywhere.

At 7:30 this morning, I stood in line at Academy Sports and managed to get a 500 round box of 9mm and .45.

Slowly, it's starting to happen. Just be patient. Or get up early and wait.

Blog Entries

At 7:30 this morning, I stood in line at Academy Sports and managed to get a 500 round box of 9mm and .45.

Slowly, it's starting to happen. Just be patient. Or get up early and wait.
    I can get some from the local range, but it's usually reload or junk ammo that's not the best for when you're trying to break in a gun. If I didn't have a .45 with ammo I'd suck it up and get the junk.

But since I have the .45 I'll just be patient.

OK, watched a Youtube video and cleaned m G19. Is it as easy as it seemed? Is it possible to put it together incorrectly and unsafely?
    I pulled the slide, took off the recoil spring, and pulled out the barrell. Cleaned everything, put a coupel dabs of oil where the slide contacts the frame. Re-inserted the barrell, the recoil spring and re-attached the slide. It chambers a round and ejects it if I cycle the slide with additional rounds in the magazine and work the slide again. If itfunctions correctly is there any chance it is dangerously put back together?

Yes, I probably should have done this process for the first time with someone more experienced then I...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    OK, watched a Youtube video and cleaned m G19. Is it as easy as it seemed? Is it possible to put it together incorrectly and unsafely?
    I pulled the slide, took off the recoil spring, and pulled out the barrell. Cleaned everything, put a coupel dabs of oil where the slide contacts the frame. Re-inserted the barrell, the recoil spring and re-attached the slide. It chambers a round and ejects it if I cycle the slide with additional rounds in the magazine and work the slide again. If itfunctions correctly is there any chance it is dangerously put back together?

Yes, I probably should have done this process for the first time with someone more experienced then I...
    I don't have a Glock, yet. But the gun I do have is very very similar. I can't imagine there is really a way to put it back together incorrectly, but I am not the authority on that.

I would guess with only, what 3 parts you take off it be hard to mess up. That and if it chambers and ejects properly, I 'd think you did it all correctly.