Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 202122

Thread: Guns...

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    no it isnt. Video of the crime during the act is pretty much the holy grail of evidence. kind of hard to dispute.
    Yet David Gregory doesn't get prosecuted for possessing a high capacity magazine inside the city limits. That too, was 100% on video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yet David Gregory doesn't get prosecuted for possessing a high capacity magazine inside the city limits. That too, was 100% on video.
    true. i think the threat was a bit different. news anchor showing an empty clip vs a possible radical with a loaded weapon. I can see how that can be hypocritical though.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    true. i think the threat was a bit different. news anchor showing an empty clip vs a possible radical with a loaded weapon. I can see how that can be hypocritical though.
    And that's why I think this was a planned attempt at civil disobedience.

I think he wanted to get arrested to shed light on the issue.

Blog Entries

Not that I am aware of.

And even if such a product existed, I wouldn't feel right recommending it's use. God forbid, if you ever had to use your weapon, the last thing you want is your clothing to ride up along with your gun when you draw. And I can tell by this request, you're not practicing said draw, another thing I'd highly recommend.

Invest in a good gun belt to compliment your holsters.
    Got my holster last week. It's a tad uncomfortable.. on my left side. I slide it around to the right (just to see how it felt) and it's more comfortable.

I'm a bit ambidextrous so while I shoot better left handed I draw the gun better with my right. So I ight just return it for a right side holster... I think. Or maybe I'll just go with an ankle holster instead, or too. I don't know...

What kind of gun are you wishing to conceal?

Blog Entries

The Kahr CW45 I got like a year ago. I was just going to keep it as a "by the bed gun", but I really like the way it shoots. And.. it packs a lot of power for the size!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The Kahr CW45 I got like a year ago. I was just going to keep it as a "by the bed gun", but I really like the way it shoots. And.. it packs a lot of power for the size!
    So similar in weight and size to compact Glocks ...

Which holster did you end up buying? And are you using a gun belt or a sturdy belt?

Blog Entries

So similar in weight and size to compact Glocks ...

Which holster did you end up buying? And are you using a gun belt or a sturdy belt?
    I think it's a good bit thinner than the compact Glocks, or at least it felt that way.

The comp-tac you suggested. I researched a little and a lot of people spoke highly of them. I am using a very sturdy belt, I put it on again and wore it a bit higher after adjusting it and it was more comfortable.

Still think I might get an ankle holster too.

I think it's a good bit thinner than the compact Glocks, or at least it felt that way.

The comp-tac you suggested. I researched a little and a lot of people spoke highly of them. I am using a very sturdy belt, I put it on again and wore it a bit higher after adjusting it and it was more comfortable.

Still think I might get an ankle holster too.
    Good!

Yeah, I wore mine all morning and I place it at my 4 o'clock, just past my right hip.

The higher the better. Just remember to dress around the gun. You'll find it will get more comfortable.

Ankle holsters can be tricky. Get a gun that's too heavy, and it bounces. It's not very comfortable. Also, just remember to check it when you get out of cars. I didn't do it once and my jeans rode up
    over the gun.

In a few days, I'm going to post my version of a diaper bag. I think you'll appreciate it. ;)

Blog Entries

Another thing about ankle holster I am not sure about, if you ever need it do you really want it as far away as possible from your hand?

The main positive I'd see from a ankle holster is it's probably the best place to hide/conceal a gun.

Another thing about ankle holster I am not sure about, if you ever need it do you really want it as far away as possible from your hand?

The main positive I'd see from a ankle holster is it's probably the best place to hide/conceal a gun.
    It's not optimal as a primary weapon. That's for sure.

I don't use mine often simply because if Houston weather.