Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Props to Dean Pees

Add in that there was also a rookie QB that Reed could get into his head, the D wouldn't have looked "getting better" against a pink tutu, or a Manning....

I'd also like to see some elements of organized chaos, at least a sniff of it.

One thing I'd dream about is Sizzle coming ove the C. I perked up every time I saw Redding move there last year, and saw him penetrate more often than not.
    We have edge players, seasoned while Sizzle was PUP'd.
    When we move out a DL, I'd love to see Sizzle last minute shift to over the C, I'd bet we see a yellow holding flag very fast the first time we did it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I feel like Harbs and his whole staff are Bo Schembechler disciples. Solid fundamentally-sound football, but nothing too creative. Its a proven winning formula but a little too vanilla to win the big game (as a Raven fan, hopefully I'm wrong)
    This is a great description. That works when you can out athlete your opponent but does not work in the NFL. That is exactly the feel I get from the Harbaugh teams. Ultra conservative on offense and Defense. His best teams were when he had DCs that were not ultra conservative. Rex and Pagano vs Mattison and Pees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I didn't want him before his hire, and still don't like it. Blame, period. Wow our D didn't give up a TD! So freaking what? It was against one of the worst teams in the league at redzone scoring...
    While I agree with you in general, let's not be so hard on the D (Pees) this past Sunday. Holding the Browns to 5 FGs while our offense fell asleep is a strong job IMO.
    If one or two of their FGs had turned into a TD, we might be singing a different tune today... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I agree with you in general, let's not be so hard on the D (Pees) this past Sunday. Holding the Browns to 5 FGs while our offense fell asleep is a strong job IMO.
    If one or two of their FGs had turned into a TD, we might be singing a different tune today... Bc
    They were gonna beat us till we figured that QB out....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Why would we blame him? We're 6-2. Nothing to criticise the D for!

i have nothing against Pees but i wish we would have picked up Mike Nolan. i thought Nolan was the MVP(C) in 2003 after the post super bowl salary purge. Nolan, as a defensive coordinator, has done well wherever he has gone. i'm not sure why has moved from denver to miami to atlanta.

Re: Dean Pees -- Props or Blame?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I thought Pees out-schemed the Browns in the second half.....without the defensive adjustments we were going to lose that game. Nice job coach DP.
    Personally, I think the Browns offensive coordinator did us a lot of favors yesterday. On the first drive, they tried to throw on 3rd and 1 even though they were running well. There were a few other times that I was scratching my head about the play calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I may be in the minority but Pees gets no love from me with a 28th rank defense.
    Agree 100%! I don't think your opinion will be in the minority. Our defense under his leadership SUCKS this year. Yeah, we could blame it on some of the personnel issues (injuries, inadequacies) but IMHO he's just not that good as a DC and I've been posting all season of my disdain for him. If he was so great, he'd still be in New England. Our guys thrived under Pagano and that's the type of guy we need again.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what the options are at this stage. Some folks wanted Clarence Brooks to get the job but he's coaching the DLine and they're the biggest problem. I'm hoping they can make some mid year adjustments

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Why would we blame him? We're 6-2. Nothing to criticise the D for!
    Have you watched a game? My slow, white, fatass could run roughshod over this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Have you watched a game? My slow, white, fatass could run roughshod over this defense.
    LOL, but I would have to see it to believe it. Defense needs to get together and Pees is slowly realizing it. No Tds is something that the Ravens of years ago thrived on.Yesterday could have been brutal if Tds were made. Ask the giants, settling for Tds against decent teams helps you lose. 6-2 is where we want to be and let the games get played out, I'll bet many will be surprised by the end of the season. Ravens can be awesome, if they play for the whole game with what they did in the first quarter yesterday. I'll just wait and see how Pees does in the rest of the season.

To be fair to Pees:
    JJ, Redding, Ray, and Webb, (and other depth players) gone.

BUT, someone must be held accountable for the regression/lack of development of Cody, Cary W, Jimmy S, Kruger, McPhee, Art J, need I go on?

A lot of you guys follow the team more closely than I am able to, so I'd value your input: are we drafting the wrong players or are our coaches not developing them?