Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    x1000

Holy shit guys. We went on the road and played a divisional foe that had won 2 out of it's last three and beat them by 2 scores while denying them a single TD.

I just don't know what people expect from an injury riddled team with a serious talent deficiency on both lines. They are playing well enough to win and that's all that counts. Once we make the playoffs it becomes 40% luck, 30% team health, and 30% talent. Just enjoy a fucking win without desperately looking for a way to piss on it.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Because a pattern has formed, the offense is wildly inconsistent within games and the D sees the field way too much to think that good teams won't take advantage. This is fine when you're playing the browns, but we saw before the bye what happens when a good team is on the other side of the LOS.
    And that's why yesterday's game isn't "heartening". Watching the team go 29 minutes and 59 seconds without a first down (that's half of an entire game, for the chronologically challenged) and letting the Browns start at their 39, 49, 44, 46, and 43-yard lines isn't "heartening". Do that against a team with a decent offense, and you're on the wrong side of another blowout.

Watching the team employ misdirection, rollouts, etc. successfully in the first quarter, and then totally abandon them, isn't "heartening". It just makes you want to reach for a barf bag.

The only things that were really heartening were:

1) Much better play against the run in the 2nd half
    2) Continued good play by the special teams units
    3) Ellerbe continuing to improve.

But those things won't beat the good teams that are coming up.

The Ravens don't win more than 8 games TOTAL. To win more they would have to get rid of the IDIOT - and they are not going to do that until early 2013.

So we should start thinking about who we will be drafting with the 18th overall pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The Ravens don't win more than 8 games TOTAL. To win more they would have to get rid of the IDIOT - and they are not going to do that until early 2013.

So we should start thinking about who we will be drafting with the 18th overall pick.
    since were still winning the division and 2nd in the AFC can we at least wait until we lose that next game before calling the season over?
    -JAB

Do you really see this team beating Pittsburgh (2 games), Cinci in Cinci, SD in SD, Denver or NY?

The Ravens defense can't generate a pass rush - Ben, Peyton, Eli, Rivers and Dalton are going to be throwing the ball all over the place while the Ravens perfect their infamous 3 and OUT offense.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out - and THAT equals 8 wins for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    since were still winning the division and 2nd in the AFC can we at least wait until we lose that next game before calling the season over?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Do you really see this team beating Pittsburgh (2 games), Cinci in Cinci, SD in SD, Denver or NY?

The Ravens defense can't generate a pass rush - Ben, Peyton, Eli, Rivers and Dalton are going to be throwing the ball all over the place while the Ravens perfect their infamous 3 and OUT offense.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out - and THAT equals 8 wins for 2012.
    you also said they would lose to cleveland and you're on record saying you hope they lose every game.

The NFL is about the next game. That's all that matters, beat Oakland.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I now know the formula!
    Give Cam 2 weeks to prepare, and then declare the game over after the first couple of series before their D has a chance to adjust and shut everything down.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I think it's kind of ridiculous that people can be so negative about a sports team and yet they continue to watch and talk about them.

If I'm reading a book and it sucks I simply put it down and read something else. Same goes for movies, tv shows, games, etc. I've never went on a bad roller coaster and then immediately jumped back in line for another ride.
    Why torture yourself if we are going to go 2-6 the rest of the way?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I think it's kind of ridiculous that people can be so negative about a sports team and yet they continue to watch and talk about them.

If I'm reading a book and it sucks I simply put it down and read something else. Same goes for movies, tv shows, games, etc. I've never went on a bad roller coaster and then immediately jumped back in line for another ride.
    Unfortunately a lot of these posters are posers that want us to think they are Ravens fans but really aren't.

Besides without them the board would be almost boring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    split the next 8 games and well get to 10 wins... not too difficult.
    True. Even if the Ravens aren't playing well at worst they are still a .500 level NFL team. And that's at worst. There is no reason they shouldn't be 5-3 or 4-4 in their next 8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post

I really don't get it. The Ravens have been consistently good since Harbaugh got here, and you'd think they perennially have losing seasons according to some people here.

Blog Entries

Personally I don't know what is more obnoxious:

A) People that insist the Ravens are doomed.
    B) People that say 'look at the record, doom mongers' and completely gloss over any negative aspects of a performance and the potential implications of that.

I thought the point of a forum was debate about a topic, not polarised whining and polyannaism.