Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: My U-G-L-Y Cameron got no alibi

It will be Cam's fault that they don't make the playoffs.

If this team wins 8 games it will be a minor miracle. If they win 9 games they should all be tested for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I bet it was Cam's fault

I'm curious to know what everyone's expectations of Jimmy Smith were?

I'm not a stats guru so I can't compare him to other CB's drafted at the same position and how they performed over the same amount of time, but to say he's close to being a bust after his first meaningful playing time on the outside with nothing for a pass rush? A double-move is something proven CB's still fall far.

The boy will learn.

Blog Entries

OK I read it. the first time I was just too disappointed that there was no Megan pic ;)
    I was hoping that was going to cheer me up! But no! lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'm curious to know what everyone's expectations of Jimmy Smith were?

I'm not a stats guru so I can't compare him to other CB's drafted at the same position and how they performed over the same amount of time, but to say he's close to being a bust after his first meaningful playing time on the outside with nothing for a pass rush? A double-move is something proven CB's still fall far.

The boy will learn.
    I laugh at people giving up on Jimmy Smith already, he has still plenty of time to grow. Corners take a while to develop. People were saying the same about Webb in his first few seasons.

OK I read it. the first time I was just too disappointed that there was no Megan pic ;)
    Ravens24x7 Fox.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Tony, I agree with everything you said except the allusion to Jimmy Smith being a first round bust. I am willing to give him a little more time considering his injury status last season and the loss of the preseason. He doesn't have a lot of time in the NFL and 2 totally different styles from the coordinator spot, make me a little hesitant to pass total judgement on him....yet.
    I hear you...that's why my statement was qualified: "Either way he is beginning to smell like a first round bust…"

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I hear you...that's why my statement was qualified: "Either way he is beginning to smell like a first round bust…"
    Um how many full Games Has Jimmy Smith played and started as a 1 or 2 corner.

You guys crack me up.

Now if he has played as many games as Cary Williams I would worry.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I laugh at people giving up on Jimmy Smith already, he has still plenty of time to grow. Corners take a while to develop. People were saying the same about Webb in his first few seasons.
    Webb wasn't a first round pick. When was the last time a first round pick on defense didn't start in his second season. He's not as devoted as Webb and apparently with all of the minor injuries he misses a lot of practice time as well.

All that said, I hope he forces me to eat humble pie and soon!

I think the article is a reasonable assessment.

Jimmy disturbs me, b/c his technique stinks (bend, feet and pedal), and by consistently being out-of-position, he apparently doesn't watch much film either.

If it's a recognition/film issue, who's mentoring this cat?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    And that's why I used the qualifier alluding. I too have been very critical of Jimmy but I keep tempering it with the facts I previously stated. He isn't playing at the level I thought he would given his draft status and the track record Ozzie has with defensive picks. He(Ozzie) can't hit on every one, but Smith is looking like he might not be a starter quality guy and that is a miss in the 1st round. I hope his work ethic and his pain tolerance improve.

Blog Entries

I have been on the get rid of Cam bandwagon for a long time now.
    There are 31 other teams in the league, and Cam's offense will work against over half of them, but there are a number of teams where it doesn't have a prayer, and Cam is exposed as a one-trick pony who doesn't know how to design a running game and doesn't know how to adjust when he is having the whole team's lunch handed to him.

But it is beating a dead horse, last year was Jim Zorn's fault ;) this year is Jim Caldwell's fault ;)

Ray Rice ran 9 plays? We need one more running play, run Cam outta town before he drags Harbs, Pees with him....

Sorry Tony for venting in your thread.

I know the defense is a sieve compared to what we have been used to.... but the old days, the O philosophy was don't hurt the D, and the D was able to cover and bail out the O occasional mistakes.
    These days, the OC play calling is the mistake.... 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out.... we could recover from a Boller fumble, a Bank interception..... but not from a one-trick pony OC who doesn't have the cards to adapt and takes the D down with him.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

How many of those were Flacco audibling out of the call? He did audible a lot.
    Whose plays is he audibling to???? His own or more slow developing cow dung from Cam. Wanna bet if there is a slant or screen in that bag of audibles lol ?

Audibling from one slow play to another slow developing play is not the answer .... at this point the entire bag of plays smells like cow manure to me.

Joe needs to be held accountable I totally agree. That said its kind of hard to hold a guys feet to the fire when he is handed an offense that does not change regardless of the situation. Home, road, rain, shine, facing good D, facing bad D, ect.....it never changes.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis