Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

11-40 on third down on the road...leading the league period in 3 and outs

With all the money Steve has and will be spending on offensive players, someone has some explaining to do.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: 11-40 on third down on the road...leading the league period in 3 and outs

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    With all the money Steve has and will be spending on offensive players, someone has some explaining to do.
    Just curious but where did you find this stat?

Blog Entries

I know it's harder to win on the road but this is just a different team. At home they can compete with anybody, on the road they're horrible, and especially Flacco.

Where do you start?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    They (the announcers) have been saying it for a few games now, I cringe every time.

It's crazy to think that on hand we have statistically the most explosive offense (plays over 20 yards) but are horrendous on 3rd down, such a disparity.

It seems like teams just sit on the deep routes and get pressure with their front four which = the above stat.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know it's harder to win on the road but this is just a different team. At home they can compete with anybody, on the road they're horrible, and especially Flacco.

Where do you start?
    Yes it's a very different team. Too different in my opinion. Outside of the Steeler games on the road, I have to question the mental toughness of this team. At the first sign of trouble the offense goes into its shell and it starts with Cam.

I would love to see a breakdown of down opened distance and the play called. If its anything under 2 yards we need to do QB sneaks like yesterday. We done two and got first downs, but the second one was a sneak, fake halfback run, rollout sneak.

It was a great call!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They (the announcers) have been saying it for a few games now, I cringe every time.

It's crazy to think that on hand we have statistical the mls

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Only stat I saw during yesterday's telecast was that we were ranked 20th in 3rd down conversion. Still not very good obviously

I was curious where did you find that stats. I was not surprised by the stats as I wanted to initiate a post on that...

Specifically, I was more concerned with the offense going three and out quickly after a momentum shift (especially when an opponent scored).

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    I was curious where did you find that stats. I was not surprised by the stats as I wanted to initiate a post on that...

Specifically, I was more concerned with the offense going three and out quickly after a momentum shift (especially when an opponent scored).
    For the 3rd down conversions...just box scores.

For the 3 and outs, I believe I heard that either on the TV or the Radio broadcast of the game yesterday.

Neither is hard to believe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It's time for a new offensive identity. We've seen what this offense can do. The talent is there. The problem is at the top. And I am speaking of Harbaugh to. Cam should have been gone a long time ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It's time for a new offensive identity. We've seen what this offense can do. The talent is there. The problem is at the top. And I am speaking of Harbaugh to. Cam should have been gone a long time ago.
    This. I think Flacco has reached his ceiling with Cam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. I think Flacco has reached his ceiling with Cam.
    or is it the other way around?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!