Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation UNOFFICIAL Ravens-Cowboys Prediction Thread

Cannot find it again on this forum.

The Ravens' next two games are against opponents they have never lost to (Dallas, Houston). It is very important that they maintain their home winning streak (huge factor in playoffs seeding). For whatever reason, the team did not 'show up' last Sunday in Kansas City. That may have been the first NFL game I have ever witnessed where it certainly appeared that BOTH teams were trying very hard to lose.

Ravens face another Cowboys team that is both dangerous and unpredictable (i.e., has more talent on paper than what it shows on the field). Dallas at 2-2 is only 1/2 game out of first and already has a road win against the Giants. They have had two weeks to prepare for the Ravens with their high-profile owner 'breathing down their necks'. So I do expect a contest for which the Ravens better be prepared.

DAL 17
    BAL 24

(derived from averaging points scored and points allowed between the two teams)

NOTE TO HARBAUGH (since you're the HEAD coach):

It seems that every offensive play that starts in the 'shotgun' has a predictable outcome: Every receiver past the first-down marker is covered AND Joe is almost 'blind' to the impending pass rush. So, I no longer can expect a third-down conversion AND ball security becomes a major concern.

It makes far more sense (to me at least) to stay with PLAY-ACTION to keep the opposing defense 'honest' except on obvious passing downs (i.e. third-and-long). In that way, you maintain a BALANCED attack utilizing all of your offensive resources. You maintain ball control while cutting down considerably on third-and-long circumstances (which always 'kill' drives).

CC
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 10-14-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typo;grammer