Blog Entries

Houston plans for Friday and Saturday

A Group of us are heading to Houston next Friday for the Game. After some research on line we decided to stay downtown so we can take their version of light rail/subway directly to the Stadium Sunday morning.

Anyone familiar enough with Houston to give us an idea of where to hang out this weekend? Irish pubs and sports bars are always a logical starting point.

Anyone planning get togethers in any of the local pubs Friday or Saturday, or any decent places to tailgate Sunday? We can certainly bring our own food and adult beverages.

Thanks

Where exactly are you staying Ed?

Houston is a huge city so downtown could mean a few areas of the town, all with their own bars and restaurant.

Blog Entries

Re: Houston plans for Friday and Saturday

Houston

We are staying at the Courtyard Downtown near the convention Center. It appears to be right on a light rail line so we can take that to the game. I think WNST's group may be staying in the same hotel so I think there will be some other Ravens fans in the area.

You sure you are not staying at the Residence Inn? That's a tough place to be in terms of entertainment.

There are very few options on the weekends in terms of bars and restaurants where you're staying. Lucky's is close by and is a very short cab ride. It's a big UT bar and is a great spot for watching the college games on Saturday. Houston Pavilions has a bunch of places to eat and has a Lucky Strike if bowling is your thing.

I will send you more info later today.

There is a really nice craft beer bar called Flying Saucer. Hundreds of beers on tap and they do have sports on most of the day. It's a chain bar but still pretty cool.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/houston/

Blog Entries

Thanks HR . There seems to be alot of bars N of the Courtyard hotel about 1/2 mile North centered around Main St. Also a large sports bar near Minute Maid Park.

If there is a large Raven gathering plan somewhere keep us posted. We will get there.

HR, I'm going to Houston with RavensTrips.com (thanks, Cole). We're staying at the Westin Oaks. I'm looking for some great, authentic Tex-Mex and a great sports bar close by. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Let me do some research with the Mrs. She's the Tex Mex fan.

Also, feel free to join out tailgate in the purple lot. Follow the link to our Facebook page below for details.

GKB

You're near the Galleria so there is a ton of stuff to do. Just north of you is Champps Americana for sports. It's in the Uptown Shopping Center and a short cab ride away.

Unfortunately, you're not real close to what we'd consider great or authentic tex mex.

Will you have a car? Escalante's on Westheimer and Pappacito's on Richmond are your best bets.

Thanks, HR.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2