Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Would like to see Albert McClellan get some snaps at ILB

McClellan has looked like our best run support defending OLB, and can bring moderate pressure. It appears that he will never be a great edge rusher, so why not try him out playing a position that may seem a little more natural to him that would fit his strengths? He played at ILB last year against the 9ers and looked solid, but he is even twice the player now. McClain and Elerbee are good, but it wouldn't hurt to at least see what we have in McClellan playing there, especially with Ray Lewis potentially retiring this year, and Elerbee being an UFA in 2013.

Re: Would like to see Albert McClellan get some snaps at ILB

This makes sense to me. At the very least it seems like there needs to be more of a rotation at ILB. Maybe Ray would look a little better getting every 3rd or 4th series off -- McClellan and McClain both played well in the 4 games without him last year.

Blog Entries

If Kruger can play like he did vs KC, you have to keep him on the field. McClellan doesn't generate pressure like Kruger can, and Upshaw is strictly a 3-4 OLB.

Blog Entries

I could see it happening if Ray, McClain or Ellerbe get hurt. Doubt it happens under other circumstances. I like the idea though

Blog Entries

nah...not til suggs comes back anyway. mcclellen has played pretty good on the edge, one of the pleasent suprises so far. im not sold on kruger out there yet. he had a good game agains the chiefs but has really struggled this year other than that. if mcclain starts losing snaps, it will be to ellerbe.

Blog Entries

I do think long term he is going to be a starting ILB on this team, I have good feeling about him playing there. He is big and really athletic, something that Jameel and Elerbee lack the combination of.

Blog Entries
    I agree. I think he would be better against the run than McClain or Ellerbe. Noticed they have used McClain a lot at olb too, which I was always a proponent of.

That also allows them to leave Upshaw and Kruger on the field. Hope Kruger can continue to play like he did against KC.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    He also played at mlb last season when Ray was hurt.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Would like to see Albert McClellan get some snaps at ILB

I was thinking about this too. If they feel comfortable with Kruger as the mainstay at OLB, then it's possible. However, I'd think they'd wait until Suggs gets back because other than Kruger and Upshaw, there is no backup help unless they do flex McClain down there sometimes or move McClellan around at both ILB and OLB. McClellan, to me, would really help the middle of the defense which has been gouged. My question would be, how is he in coverage overall, and can he keep up with TE's and RB's? The one play that sticks out to me was in Philadelphia when he nearly picked Vick and was glued to Celek's pocket. The thing is, when Suggs gets back, McClellan could very well lose time at OLB with Upshaw and Kruger getting the majority of the snaps at the LOLB position. Yet, McClellan has shown his skills against the run which is an asset to the team. To me, you have to find a way to get him on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He also played at mlb last season when Ray was hurt.

As I recall, he (McClellan) had a solid game vs. the 49ers in a nationally televised game. That says a lot... Bc

imo, wait for Suggs to get back.

Blog Entries
    Who's gonna tell Ray to sit down?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!