Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens are using former Dallas Cowboy Adrian Hamilton to imitate Demarcus Ware

I don't think it will be long before this kid is on the roster, it seems as if the Ravens are high on him. Sergio has been a healthy scratch all but once this year, what do you guys think? We need a pass rush, how many sacks do we have this year? This kid can get to the QB, 20.5 sacks in one season is crazy even in high school.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/r...demarcus-ware/

Re: Ravens are using former Dallas Cowboy Adrian Hamilton to imitate Demarcus Ware

Forgive me, but I am not even sure I understand the premise of the article.

How is he "intimidating" Ware while being on our practice squad?

And I do not agree with the authors conclusions. He's on the practice squad for a reason and I doubt they are going to call him up simply because he spent time with the Cowboys. If they DO call him up, things are much worse than we think they are in terms of pass rush.

3. Re: Ravens are using former Dallas Cowboy Adrian Hamilton to imitate Demarcus Ware

I'd like to see what he has. I don't think they'd be calling him up right away necessarily, but if he's impressing, he could be called up somewhere down the road. Of course, there would be no guarantee he's even active or gets playing time defensively, but it's good to see him putting in extra work.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens are using former Dallas Cowboy Adrian Hamilton to imitate Demarcus Ware

I like how he has some insider info on the Cowgirls. Hopefully it helps.

Blog Entries

What the Ravens are actually doing is having Hamilton emulate the style and maneuvers that DeMarcus Ware likes to use, on the scout team, so that the offense can get a feel for how he likes to work in more detail. At the same time, they are grilling him for any extra information he might have about Dallas' defensive system.

This is nothing new and is protocol around the league. New England has done this with several players in the past, as has Baltimore, in one regard or the other. At one point, they had Kyle Boller emulating the fake audibles that Peyton Manning throws out there to shift defensive alignments.

This does not, in any way, mean that Hamilton will be called up anytime soon. The healthy scratches of Sergio Kindle do not impact Hamilton as much as the piece suggests, in my opinion, because Terrell Suggs will be returning within a matter of a few games.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The OP meant to say "imitating" Ware. NFL teams pay PS players a lot of money for this service. When the roster is cut down to 53, you're pretty strapped for bodies to practice with, so the 8 PS players are important to game planning. You can also scout them for a potential spot on the eventual roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    The OP meant to say "imitating" Ware.

Yeah, this whole quitting coffee thing isn't going over so well ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Then this would be a bad week for you to give up amphetamines. :D

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Then this would be a bad week for you to give up amphetamines. :D
    or sniffing glue ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Good luck to you. If I go without caffeine, my head reminds me to drink some by constantly pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Good luck to you. If I go without caffeine, my head reminds me to drink some by constantly pounding.
    That goes away eventually ... or so I'm told. I'm not taking any chances.

One whiff of this cucumber sized sharpie in the morning and at lunch and I'm good to go. Coffee withdrawals are a thing of the past.

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt