Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    any team that plays man press coverage against us shuts us down.
    Its been 2 years since anybody shut us down at home.

Blog Entries

This game concerns me. They are the same team that went into NY and beat the Giants. I see a squeaker coming down to a Tucker fg.

The Cowgirls are a little scary. Not a great team, and the Ravens should win, but they are better than Cleveland, KC, and the Bungles. Probably not on par with the Pats or Eagles, but cerainly not far behind.

I just hope the players and coaches aren't as over confident as some of the fans seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You don't go to two pro bowls and have a career rating of 96.9 by dumb luck. He is a very talented QB, but like others have pointed out, he does make the bonehead decision too frequently to take him to that next level.
    I dunno, I think some of those stats get inflated by the talent around him. He's not a bum, but he just cannot turn the corner. And people will always remember things like the botched FG snap. I just don't think he is as good as his numbers. Just MHO.

I think that this game is the defining moment of the season.
    The outcome of this game will determine how the rest of this season which includes the playoffs could very well play out for the Ravens.

I say this based on the fact that even though a loss to the Texans is NOT in the books, if the Ravens beat Dallas, the worst position would be 5-2 going into the bye with a great chance of being 7-2 going to Pittsburgh, hopefully with Suggs in the lineup and looking formidable.

Losing to Dallas, losing the invincibility of playing at home, and then possibly going 4-3 into the bye, changes alot.
    It makes this team, lower in the playoff picture with the bye maybe lost.

That's why I think THIS is the springboard game.
    I really can't imagine losing at home to Dallas and then going to Houston and beating the Texans there.
    It is a confidence thing.
    Taking a 4 game winning streak into Houston is what is needed IMHO.

I dunno, I think some of those stats get inflated by the talent around him. He's not a bum, but he just cannot turn the corner. And people will always remember things like the botched FG snap. I just don't think he is as good as his numbers. Just MHO.
    Not to mention routinely playing against the strength a third place divisional record brings to your schedule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This game will not be a walk in the park by any stretch. In fact, it's a brutal matchup for the Ravens on paper.

The Cowboys will exploit the middle of the field with Jason Witten matched up on our pathetic LB corps and Miles Austin lining up in the slot. On the outside, Dez Bryant plays on the left side, Cary Williams' side, and consequently is a lock to go for 100 yards and a TD or so.

The Cowboys' OL is banged up, but we have already shown an inability to exploit a patchwork OL vs. Philadelphia. Some will say that was only because we faced a mobile QB in Vick, but Tony Romo has the best passer rating in the NFL outside of the pocket over the last few years. I expect to see soft zones and 3/4 man rushes that fail to get home on most downs. Romo will carve this defense up, but hopefully make a critical mistake or two.

On the defensive side, the Cowboys play press-man with the best of them. Claiborne and Carr can take away the outside, and Sean Lee is one of the best coverage ILBs in the league. Our only hope is to exploit their pathetic safety play in the deep middle of the field, but that means Flacco will need time and time is something he will not have vs. one of the highest pressure front 7's in football.

All in all, on paper this looks like a loss. Luckily, games are not played on paper and the Ravens are virtually unbeatable at home. I expect a close game that the Ravens ultimately find a way to win, but it's much closer than some make it out to be. 31-30 Ravens with a last-second long field goal being the difference.
    You forgot to mention that we have Ray Rice, and a good run blocking Oline coupled with the best FB in the game, and an explosive back up RB.

Blog Entries

I don't think they'll lose at home. They've played poorly in their last two home games at times, but still managed to pull out wins, one of them against an opponent far better than the Cowboys. Until someone does beat them at home, I'll chalk up every home game as a W at this point. They could look like the worst team in the league on the road, and in some ways they did @ KC, but they'll then come home and obliterate whoever they play. I expect that to happen this week.

It's also a game they can't afford to lose. Since I, like many, feel the Texans game is going to be a L (not giving up on that one, just predicting that at this point), you could be tied with the Steelers on 10/22 since they play the Titans and Bengals next. Have to maintain that two game lead on them through this week.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

This one won't be a walk in the park, but Dallas does have some issues that are being understated.

While they do have a decent RB, their offensive line is blocking as bad as the Ravens line right now. While Dez Bryant is a great WR, his issues with grasping the offense aren't going away after a single bye week. While Tony Romo can play very well, he seems to be as much a magnet for mistakes as Ed Reed is for interceptions. Example: The last time these two teams played.

Now, the Ravens have issues of their own as well. For one, the offensive line is not blocking well. Secondly, they do struggle with teams that can play good press coverage. Third, although their PPG average is low, they still lend to too many opportunities to score and give up too much yardage. They still struggle to get off the field on third down. They can't continue to leave the offense cold on the sideline like that. Then again, there's always the chance that Joe tries to force some throws.

All in all, again, it won't be an easy game, but the Ravens will pull it out. Dallas just isn't a team that you can trust.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This game concerns me. They are the same team that went into NY and beat the Giants. I see a squeaker coming down to a Tucker fg.
    Every game concerns a Ravens fan. If it comes down to a Tucker FG, and a close W, I'm cool with that. BTW, the 'Boys beat the Giants on September 5th, we're in October now. Relax... Bc

Blog Entries

They beat the Giants, but haven't really looked good since. Another issue for them is that they aren't even a lock to win, coming off of bye weeks.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There's no way this Dallas team comes into M&T and walks out with a victory. They have some talent obviously, Austin, Ware, Witten, Lee, Spencer, Claiborne, Carr, etc. but I they also have Dez Bryant, Romo, a weak OLine, suspect run defense. I see this game being close, perhaps during the first half, before the Ravens take off in the second half, winning by 10 or so.