I guess lost in all of this we have a 1+ game lead in the AFC North

For all practical purposes we have a 1 game plus tie braker lead over Cinci and a 1 1/2 game lead over Pittsburgh in the AFC North. I guess that's not too bad for a team that only scored 9 points today.

Blog Entries

Re: I guess lost in all of this we have a 1+ game lead in the AFC North

Shit - I'm just happy that this team was able to HOLD a small lead.

I take much pride in that. Most weeks, Rice doesn't get that 1 yard, KC actually scores a touchdown and we lose! I think people forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    For all practical purposes we have a 1 game plus tie braker lead over Cinci and a 1 1/2 game lead over Pittsburgh in the AFC North. I guess that's not too bad for a team that only scored 9 points today.
    You do realize every team in the NFL has bad games right?? At least we won, why complain over something so much when you know it will happen a few times every year.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

I'd feel better if the Eagles could have stopped the Steelers on that last drive... Bc

The Steelers played like shit today too, I'm sure their fans aren't crying in their beer and will take the win even though Vick gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Most weeks, Rice doesn't get that 1 yard, KC actually scores a touchdown and we lose! I think people forget that.
    You're right. I was just like, We need to get one yard to win? Great: Here comes a dive up the middle with our line getting pushed into the backfield and Rice gaining about 1.5 feet.

I was fully expecting a stuff, a punt, their driving to at least a field goal, and my punching something.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

A lot of people forget just how bad we are on the road. For us, it seems like any game on the road is an adventure, not matter who it is. If we won a game like this at home, it would be concerning.

I guess the other thing that we keep losing sight of is how many starters and veterans we lost from last years team - Grubbs, J Johnson, Cory Redding, Haruki and Zibby, et al. Remarkable when you think about it that after 5 games the Ravens are 4W 1L W and have a 1+ game lead in the Division

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The Steelers played like shit today too, I'm sure their fans aren't crying in their beer and will take the win even though Vick gave it away.
    Actually, I've seen many Squealer fans complaining on their boards after an ugly win. Most of the time, they were calling for Arians' head in the past few years. I haven't checked to see if they're complaining about Todd Haley yet. But they've also been known to want Dick LeBeau fired in previous years as well.

I also want to add that this board is in no way unique to criticisms of its own team. I've read many other teams' boards after certain games and found many of its users just as vocal and critical of their coaches and players. I suppose many of us who watch football so intensely are guilty of believing they know enough to know what's best for the team. I'm no exception to that either. Many of us forget that there are quite a few other incidentals that go into what plays are called, what players are used, and what decisions are made. That doesn't exclude us from having opinions though, and many fans throughout the league won't hesitate in voicing their disgust at what they consider poor decisions.

When it all boils down to it, this game was the equivalent to Jax or Seattle last year, with the crucial difference that we won. On that basis, I can't be too upset even if it was a poor performance overall.

As long as we don't make a habit of it, then we can't have too many concerns.